COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here.

Things imposed by Law Professors to its students.

CelessstinoCelessstino Banned by Admin PExer
what do these professors really expect from their students. i am planning to enter law school next year. i can read a lot of law books , but i don't feel comfortable talking in front of the class. my undergrad course is Economics. I graduated from U.P.

Comments

• atenean_bloodedatenean_blooded Demigod PExer
    You don't feel comfortable talking in front of class, and you want to go to law school, and eventually practice law?
  • inthelongruninthelongrun kontrabida PExer
    I think most, if not all, of the professors expect the best from their students. Reading is easy since it's just 'mechanical.' Understanding, though, is a different thing. I'm sure every law school screens applicants to ensure their competency. If you think you have what it takes to ba a lawyer, by all means, go for it! :)
  • bigasATpakwanbigasATpakwan Ebony PExer
    to the thread starter...

[highlight] Been there done that [/highlight]... I wanna help you, i just want to make sure you are for real :lol:
  • Halikinu EagleHalikinu Eagle Member PExer
    i think its too difficult that you had a hardtime to talk in front of the class.
    actually it depends not all the time you are asked to talk or discuss the matter in front of the class. but still, you should be ready.

it also depends what law school you want to enter to. In Ateneo, you are the one who will discuss the matter to your classmate and to your professor.

the conflict will arise if the professor will assign so many cases that will add to your reading assignments. That is a headache.

Anyway, you should keep in mind that "Survival" is the name of the game in Law School. And contrary to this, you should "Enjoy" it.
  • paralusiparalusi Member PExer
    Dear Scaebolah,

I’m depressed. Ever since I got into law school I rarely see my old college buddies, and my girlfriend is starting to think we’re growing apart. I think it’s because of all these readings. Please help!

Blue Frosh

Dear Blue Frosh,

x x x

The law school is here to fashion you to into a minister of law, praying for litigation. But until then, as far as your professors are concerned, you are the lowest possible life form.

x x x

Yours,

Scaebolah

Dear Scaebolah,

Do my professors care about me? I mean, as a person?

Afraid

Dear Afraid,

Hahaha! What a hoot! The answer should be obvious. :P

LOL,

Scaebolah
  • nerd_'tonerd_'to Banned by Admin PExer
    though there really are professors who are a-one a-holes, it is just role playing for the most part.
  • Halikinu EagleHalikinu Eagle Member PExer
    if you enter law school, you should have a very understanding girlfriend
  • CelessstinoCelessstino Banned by Admin PExer
    to the thread starter...

[highlight] Been there done that [/highlight]... I wanna help you, i just want to make sure you are for real :lol:

kung ayaw mong sumagot eh di huwag!*peace*
  • kungpowkungpow booboo PExer
    My lawyer friend once told me how his former law professor former justice secretary Hernani Perez used to "sing" his lecture and demand that his students recite their answer in the same tune as the song he was "singing". Since they have now graduated and some of his classmates went on to become law school professors themselves, they were able to get revenge by having the son of Sec. Perez as their student. Hehehehehe.
  • flsfnoeraekadadflsfnoeraekadad Los Angeles Lakers 24/7 PExer
    if you enter law school, you should have a very understanding girlfriend
    Does the case also apply vice-versa? :D
  • oranges_oforanges_of Banned by Admin PExer
    ^^ what? ^^
  • flsfnoeraekadadflsfnoeraekadad Los Angeles Lakers 24/7 PExer
    oranges_of wrote:
    ^^ what? ^^
    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
  • Lol. everyone put meaning to my last reply. Looks like over-analysis is the order of the day.

Okay. I said "been there done that". Gusto ko lang makatulong.

Some teachers are rude, some are not. You are lucky if you get these cool professors. Reality check, you don't always get what you want.

I have been handled by these 2 kind of professors. I say that this 2 kinds have one thing in common- They can easily smell nervousness from their students.

The 1st kind- They are the professors with a good heart. They know your problem, and they won't press you on recitations. They tend to ask questions that only solicit- one line answers. For them, once you hit the key word/words, it is already sufficient. No verbose or expounded statements are needed. In my case, there is this one professor, despite of her being branded as "terror" knows the weakness of each of her student. Everytime she asks me to stand for recitation, she sees to it that her questions asked does not require a lot of statements. She just ask me questions, that can be answered with one line sentence. More often, I hit the keywords. Okay na sya nun. In fact, 2 subjects I had her as my professor. She did not ask me to recite a case. A task that requires a lot of confidence. hehehe. And in those 2 subjects, I am proud that I passed it both ( the first two subjects in Civil Code).

The 2nd kind- These horrible professors. They know you are nervous. Chances are, they would add insult to injury. They will bring you down and they will not stop unless the student realize that law school is not for them. In my case, it was a dreadful experience. The lady professor asks 3 questions for every person she asks to stand up. When she called me, she noticed that my voice was shaky. She said that my answers were incomprehensive. Of course, my speech is stamered. For the second question, she then asked me to go in front. There, she asked me to recite. And then my mind went black out. Wala ako nasabi! I just said- Mam! I don't know the answers. Although, I knew for myself the answers, the pressure to recite in front of everyone was just too much. And then she asked me to sit down. My palpitation worstened, that I needed to go to toilet. There, with feeling of humiliation and nervousness, I vomitted. I threw up! That was the turning point- I decided not to continue attending that subject. It pullled my GPA down. And I lost interest in law.

I am not saying, that what happened to me will also happen to you. It might happen to you ( read MIGHT).
  • foxmarkedfoxmarked Member PExer
    my prof in Consti Law 1 is sooo sarcastic. Hah. Somehow, I'm managing naman...but I'm motivated to read, read, read till I die sa Crim. :)
  • andyknight18andyknight18 obama baby!! PExer
    i can still remember what my dearly beloved professor once told me in front of the class;

prof: look on the window, what do you see?

me: nothing sir?!

prof: then, that will be your future!!

grabe kung puede lang tumalon sa window that time, gagawin ko na!! sabi ko na lang sa sarile ko; someday i will proove you wrong in saying that to me!! :grrr:
  • comsite_boycomsite_boy Member PExer
    i can still remember what my dearly beloved professor once told me in front of the class;

prof: look on the window, what do you see?

me: nothing sir?!

prof: then, that will be your future!!

grabe kung puede lang tumalon sa window that time, gagawin ko na!! sabi ko na lang sa sarile ko; someday i will proove you wrong in saying that to me!! :grrr:

Parang kilala kita ha...tsaka parang kilala ko din yung nagsabi nun. Sinabi rin sa isa kong classmate yun eh..
  • AleanceloAleancelo guapo ✭✭✭✭
    what do these professors really expect from their students. i am planning to enter law school next year. i can read a lot of law books , but i don't feel comfortable talking in front of the class. my undergrad course is Economics. I graduated from U.P.

You don't feel comfortable talking in front of the class????? Well, during my freshman year at the College of Law (I'm already a member of the Bar), my classmates who didn't "feel comfortable" reciting in class lasted only TWO WEEKS. So, unless you develop that self-confidence, I am discouraging you from applying for the LAE. I suggest that you just go to graduate school instead. :rolleyes: Legal education is NOT a walk in the park. You just cannot say that you want to study law just for the sake of being called a law student. It's not as exciting and glamorous as what many people think.
  • AlaXanAlaXan Member PExer
    LEGAL ASSISTANT requirements:

Law graduate for full-time work.
    2nd year incoming up to 4th year students for part-time or
    full-time work (doe)
    Preferably residents near the area
    Must be interested in learning American jurisprudence
    Good grammar and writing skills
    Must be willing to start immediately

Please call and send your resume to:
    0922-3349787
    [email protected]

Thank you.
  • MarkoJayMarkoJay Cager PExer
    paralusi wrote: »
    Dear Scaebolah,

I’m depressed. Ever since I got into law school I rarely see my old college buddies, and my girlfriend is starting to think we’re growing apart. I think it’s because of all these readings. Please help!

Blue Frosh

Dear Blue Frosh,

x x x

The law school is here to fashion you to into a minister of law, praying for litigation. But until then, as far as your professors are concerned, you are the lowest possible life form.

x x x

Yours,

Scaebolah

Dear Scaebolah,

Do my professors care about me? I mean, as a person?

Afraid

Dear Afraid,

Hahaha! What a hoot! The answer should be obvious. :P

LOL,

Scaebolah

:rotflmao:

This is really funny, but dang it's also scary!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file