Home PEx Lifestyle Health and Wellness

how accurate are ovulation calendars?

i have a friend who got married a year ago, and she and her husband have been trying to have a baby since then.. she tried the online ovulation calendars, but it doesn't seem to work for her. how accurate are these calendars? and do they really work?

Comments

• hello sis..

SUPER DUPER HINDI SYA ACCURATE.

ayaw na namin ni hubby mag ka baby...and to think pill user pa ako...then...after 8 yrs...nag stop ako pills...para pahinga muna...so everytime we have contact ..we used condom.

ok na sana lahat...then one time...yong kakatapos lang ng period...that is on the six day of my menstruation..nag contact kami.....(i assume and presume na 6th day is not fertile day)....ayun.....BINGO!!!! 2 yrs old na yong anak ko ngayon.

He was not plan pero he is really a blessing...biro mo after 8 yrs nasundan pa....ngayon...sinigurado ko na ..nag pa ligate na ako.

Tel your friend..wag maniwala dyan sa mga calendar na yan....isa lang ang way para mabuntis ...PRAY...t is only in the hands of Go kung bibigyan ka ng baby.
  • .cEaRa. wrote:
    i have a friend who got married a year ago, and she and her husband have been trying to have a baby since then.. she tried the online ovulation calendars, but it doesn't seem to work for her. how accurate are these calendars? and do they really work?

Ovulation is marked by changes in the body. Tell your friend to observe for changes in her basal body temperature and cervical mucus. These parameters, together with the ovulation calendar, should bring your friend in the vicinity of her fertile period.

Details on the body temperature and mucus is at http://www.healthypinoy.com/articles/naturalfamilyplanning.html

Cheers! :)

reydat
    www.healthypinoy.com -- knowledge for wellness
  • i agree, ovulation calendars are not accurate. it really depends on your body. there are factors that affect ovulation, pwede mapa-aga, pwede ma-late. kaya nagkakaroon ng short and long cycle menstruation.
    monitoring your body temp and cervical fluid are very helpful in determining your fertility and ovulation period.
  • for purposes of conceiving, in addition to monitoring basal body temp (with ovulation thermometer) and cervical mucus consistency, baka makatulong din yung ovulation test kits (third indicator of fertility) para malaman kung kelan fertile yung friend mo, at para maitiming sa mga araw na yun ang intercourse. sa watsons lang me nakakita nito. it is primarily intended for achieving conception but not for contraception purposes.
  • i've been using this method for almost 2 years.. i can say that its effective.... but before i started using this method, i have one year record of my menstruation period. just to be accurate..
  • ovulation calendars are not that effective, lalo na if you have irregular cycles. plus you have to religiously take your temps at the same time, before you get out of bed. kung iba-ibang oras mo nire-record, di daw accurate. once you see yung spike ng temp mo, that typically means yun yung time na nag-ovulate ka.
  • ^^ that's true... and dapat talaga regular yung cycle mo... pwde din sya icombine with other method like basal temperature and secretion...