Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences

What if your bf ask you to give him a space?

What will you do?

Comments

• then give him the space he wanted. at the same time, re-assess yourself .. make sure to keep communication lines open
  • give him space!

damn. i know what it feels like to ask for space and not be given it... nakakaasar.
  • from a guy friend "when guys ask for space, they mean it"
  • pakshet yang Space...... i don't want to hear that thing. Yeah its true when they ask for it, they mean it and talagang gulong gulo yan or may gumugulo na dyan. Save yourself from too much pain and heartache.... Give him the space he deserve. If only I could turn back time, I should be the one who initiated the break up after he asked for space, i should have left with dignity pa!!! ngayon magsawa sya sa space .... outer space pa kung gusto nya!!!
  • Does it mean he's thinking to break up with me?
  • bored2deathbored2death PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    lady_like wrote:
    Does it mean he's thinking to break up with me?

you can tell why he asked for that space in the first place..

what kind of relationship you have? are you a clinger that he feel suffocated with it? are you not the sweet type that he's longing for it? ..

just questions that you have to ask him in the first place. kasi pwedeng he's changing his mind or evaluating the whole relationship.

you can give the space and maybe ask him why he needs it. you deserve an honest answer from him. whether the answer will gonna hurt you, at least you know and not left wondering.
  • i asked him and maybe he need time for himself because we're almost together everyday. I understand that but still I'm scared.
  • been there myself...and i would say, its really PAKSHET...coz i was caught offguarded...as in i've got no idea dat my ex would ask me that...and he left me with no choice coz he made his decision already...and i tell you sis, whatever his reason may be...u will not understand...kc sya din di nya maintindihan yun...just be prepared for the worst...when my ex asked me for it, i knew that he totally wanted to be out of the relationship and that he thought that by going into the process, it will be easier for me to accept it...JERK...coz it hurts me badly and i am still hurting....
  • my partner asked me that "space" before.. i saID No and forced my way by making my partner stay. pero not worth it. ended up so shattered.
  • much better siguro kung bigyan mo ng space when he asked it, para makapagmuni muni ka rin. :D
  • oh. i remember giving that advice to a guy friend who confided and told me that he wanted to break up the girl for some reasons.
    i told him to re assess the whole situation for a period of time (preferably a week), no communication whatsoever (not even a text message) but use that time wisely. since his reason was not because of another girl, i told him not to check out new available girls around.
    it's not fair for the girlfriend who loves him so much.
    thus, ask for that space, and re assess the whole situation. in the process, it may give him the light as to whether break up or probably work things out.
  • oh .. i would'nt hear it. when a guy asked for space .. i said " oh .. i will give you more than space, i'm giving you your freedom ..bye, see ya later !" . that startled him and asked " are you breaking up with me ?" .i said. " yes, that's what you want, right.?." and he said, " no not really ..". then i said .." no sweat, figure out what you want. if you realize yo want me back ? come back but i don't guarantee you can have me back." .. 2 days later, he was coming back, ayoko na! the reason why he cooled off with me was to teach me a lesson, nagselos siya .. nag-inarte siya akala ata hahabulin ko siya. well his plan backfired.

4 out 5 instances, when a guy says he wants space, he really means, he wants out. so unahan mo na> if he really likes you, babalik siya at hindi na yan magyayaya ng cool-off. if he does not come back to you .. then you know yan nga ang gusto niya to break up, hindi lang niya ma diretsa.
  • let me share my story..

when my ex-bf and I was only on our 2nd month, he initiated a cool off. i admit i was at fault, it came to his knowledge that me and my ex saw each other and even went to subic with some friends. i can say i really paid for what i did - i suffered the consequences. after a week or so, i broke up with him and it really surprised the hell out of him cause he thought i was going to do everything to make amends. he persuaded me and he won me back after 2 months... so our relationship went on and it was so rosy.

after a year and 4 months, things became shaky. we always argued. he asked me for some space and said he needed to evaluate our relationship. he told me i was overconfident that he loves me so much. we barely communicated in 2 weeks and to my surprise, he just ditched me. i was hurt really bad but i never asked him back, though i always told me that i still love him. it was hard cause i thought i could spend my last few weeks in the phils with him... but that's the way the cookie crumbles... life has to go on...
  • better give him the space he needed eventhough he cant give you clear expalanation why he wants it..in the long run you will realize why..i've been there...it hurt like hell but at least ive got to enjoy being alone after 6 long years of having someone...today is suppose to be our 7 year anniversary...hahaha goodluck sa akin...senti mode later
  • oh. i remember giving that advice to a guy friend who confided and told me that he wanted to break up the girl for some reasons.
    i told him to re assess the whole situation for a period of time (preferably a week), no communication whatsoever (not even a text message) but use that time wisely. since his reason was not because of another girl, i told him not to check out new available girls around.
    it's not fair for the girlfriend who loves him so much.
    thus, ask for that space, and re assess the whole situation. in the process, it may give him the light as to whether break up or probably work things out.

oh...maybe you know him? and did your advise. because his asking a space for a week.
  • farkasfarkas PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    paano pag spaceship ang hiningi niya? ibibigay mo rin ba?
  • farkasfarkas PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    paano pag spaceship ang hiningi niya? ibibigay mo rin ba?
  • bakit yng guy pa ang malakas ang loob na sabihin na Cool Off muna? db mostly girl ang nagsasabi nyan..... Cool Off means break up.... If me snabihan ng bf ko Cool Off or he needs space..I ask him first Y? If he explain...cge! I give what he wants...... mas mahirap pa kc yng pinatatagal ang isang relationship kapg yng partner mo d na msaya sau....
  • silvermugsilvermug PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    space? ********. if he thinks of breaking up, then break it up. anong space space? the fact the he's asking for space means that he's having doubts about his feelings. would u take a man who is doubtful on his feelings for you? *ugh*
  • I agree with most of the posts here. Most likely your guy wants out of the relationship. Maybe he's just too shy to initiate the break-up, pero ganun din ang suma total nun. Ika nga ni James Ingram, there's no easy way to break somebody's heart. He wants his freedom, therefore, give it to him. But have a closure para di ka feeling left hanging at umaasa na babalik pa sya.