Home PEx Family and Society Family, Friends and Society

What if your teacher is a PEXER?

Paano kung meron kang essay na dapat gawin. Tapos instead of researching it in the libraries and reliable sources, eh you only get the infos sa pex. Then when you got back your paper, your teacher put a smiley in it and wrote the word pex. Walang grade, wala ibang comment.

What would you feel?
Ano kaya iisipin mo????

Comments

• clawed_outclawed_out PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    that's a shame on your part for being lazy and relying through the mercy of other posters here.

You already have the internet, why not try exercising your fingers & do further research?
  • flimmeryrose741flimmeryrose741 PEx Rookie ⭐
    Oh well.. actually hindi naman to nangyari sa akin eh. I just felt guilty. My teacher is american so no way niyang malaman ang pex.

Just last night.. i was just thinking kung paano kaya if a student is getting the answer from a forum and incidentally yung teacher niya is also a member there..
    so yun lang...

anyway i wasn't really cheating kasi we are only allowed to have one source and i don't really felt like researching. I also know the topic very well. .. Its about homosexuality... which is often discussed by people...
  • i teach research to college students. No, I won't be writing the word pex on any of their paper even if I feel that their research came from this forum. I will grade them accordingly based on how well the paper has been researched. perhaps, it will make you wonder how one would know if it is well researched or not. That is what an oral defense is for. Trust me. If you listen carefully, you will know.
  • melquiadesmelquiades PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Leih1234 wrote:
    i teach research to college students. No, I won't be writing the word pex on any of their paper even if I feel that their research came from this forum. I will grade them accordingly based on how well the paper has been researched. perhaps, it will make you wonder how one would know if it is well researched or not. That is what an oral defense is for. Trust me. If you listen carefully, you will know.

mam, may i go out? :rotflmao:
  • flimmeryrose741flimmeryrose741 PEx Rookie ⭐
    oral defense? writing lang ginagawa namin.. i don't know.. pero, i am actually concerned because in order to pass this english classs... i need to make 3 essays.. revised them.. and the final essays will be reviewed by the dean... and i don't know.. if .. they will actually ask us.. i hope not.. pero i am not scared.. maybe less confident.. pero i know that i can somewhat answer there question. because i don't just randomly copy and paste. I actually analyze every answer or sentence that i wrote down.

My other concern is that i have the highest grade in my class. And it somewhat doesnt reflect my attitude in class. I mean i participate and i do good on writing even sa classroom. Pero when it comes to sharing thoughts or oral recitation.. parang mahina ako. I think it is more on language barrier or cultural thing.
  • actually, we do know some professors in our college are registered in pex. we don't know their handle, but we know some pretty well known professors also check out pex. :rotflmao: that is why i'm wary about naming professors here.

ang alam ko, lagi nila ni-check yung thread na, "name the cute professors" or something like that in our school forum here. :rotflmao: hinahanap yata name nila! :rotflmao:
    My other concern is that i have the highest grade in my class. And it somewhat doesnt reflect my attitude in class. I mean i participate and i do good on writing even sa classroom. Pero when it comes to sharing thoughts or oral recitation.. parang mahina ako. I think it is more on language barrier or cultural thing.

it's not language barrier nor is it about culture. it's just your weakness. it just means you express yourself better through writing and find it hard to voice out your thoughts. accept it and deal with it.
  • melquiades wrote:
    mam, may i go out? :rotflmao:

Depends. . .
    oral defense? writing lang ginagawa namin.. i don't know.. pero, i am actually concerned because in order to pass this english classs... i need to make 3 essays.. revised them.. and the final essays will be reviewed by the dean... and i don't know.. if .. they will actually ask us.. i hope not.. pero i am not scared.. maybe less confident.. pero i know that i can somewhat answer there question. because i don't just randomly copy and paste. I actually analyze every answer or sentence that i wrote down.

I teach research methods as preparation for their thesis which is why we always have an oral defense. Essays, however, are a different story. They can be subjective and highly opinionated or what some may probably call relative objectivity. The oral defense or questions even regarding the essay you wrote do not aim to measure your language skills ( at least this is true for research subjects). It aims to measure how well you know the paper you made.

I agree that it is not about the language barrier. It is all about confidence. Now that you know your weak point, try to work on it. I have lots of students who did well in writing but never really get high grades because they refuse to participate during recitation. Good luck.

Try not to pressure yourself too much though. Maintaining good grades is not an easy task. . . but pushing too hard will not help either. Relax once in a while.