Home PEx Lifestyle Health and Wellness

frequent urination..

may alam po kayong cure sa frequent urination or "balisawsaw"?

does this imply something? do i need to consult a doctor? or mawawala rin sya ng kusa?

Comments

• teka lang, clarify natin...

yung frequent urination mo ba eh normal volume (polyuria) or konti lang (frequency)

kasi kung madalas, pero konti, frequency yan, most common cause UTI. pa-urinalysis ka
  • teka lang, clarify natin...

yung frequent urination mo ba eh normal volume (polyuria) or konti lang (frequency)

kasi kung madalas, pero konti, frequency yan, most common cause UTI. pa-urinalysis ka

most of the time marami pero di nman ako masyado marami uminom ng water...sometimes konti lang...aside from UTI ano pa ung possible na cause?
  • basta yung mga pwede dyan, cystitis, urethritis, pyelonephritis, diabetes, excessive fluids, caffeine or alcohol intake... yan

most common pa din UTI
  • basta yung mga pwede dyan, cystitis, urethritis, pyelonephritis, diabetes, excessive fluids, caffeine or alcohol intake... yan

most common pa din UTI

better if i'll see a doctor? ndi nman sya mababaw na reason para pumunta sa doctor? baka sabihin ksi nila simpleng sakit lng yun eh :)
  • it's definitely ok... pero if you want, have a urinalysis first before you go to a doctor, para he can give you antibiotics agad...

if you want bigyan na kita ng prescription... hehehe
  • DacsDacs PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ciprofloxacin... parang naalala ko kung para saan yang gamot na yan :lol:
  • it's definitely ok... pero if you want, have a urinalysis first before you go to a doctor, para he can give you antibiotics agad...

if you want bigyan na kita ng prescription... hehehe

ano po ba ung mai-pre-prescribe nyo?

buko juice? true ba yun sabi nila nakaka-galing daw yun?
  • hehehe, i won't prescribe. wala ka pa urinalysis...

buko juice kasi, nakakaihi, lalo na pag marami ka nainom, "pwede" nya ma wash out yung mga bacteria... most probably E. coli because of wrong toilet habits.
  • Dacs wrote:
    ciprofloxacin... parang naalala ko kung para saan yang gamot na yan :lol:

hahaha! yung handle ko pwede sya sa UTI
  • DacsDacs PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Di lang sa UTI hahaha (*cough* tulo *cough*)

/me NOT speaking from experience

:lol:
  • hahaha, pag tulo kasi IM ceftriaxone binibigay ko para magtanda!
  • blueorgreenblueorgreen ssssshhhhhhh PEx Expert 🎖️
    what do you mean by wrong toilet habits??????????
  • in females, you should wipe "that" area front-to-back and not back-to-front
  • LesLes PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Frequent urination is most commonly associated with urinary tract infections. About the description of 'balisawsaw,' doesn't this have to do with a feeling of incomplete emptying rather than frequency? Regardless, other associated symptoms of UTI are dysuria (painful urination) and urgency (sensation of always having to urinate).

UTI is a general term that describes infection anywhere in the urinary tract. A more precise description is cystitis, which involves infection of the urinary bladder and can present with hypogastric pain (i.e. above the genital area but below the stomach). If the the infection ascends upwards through the ureters and spreads to the kidneys, the condition is called pyelonephritis. In this case, it will present with 'upper urinary tract symptoms' such as fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, and flank pains.

Anyone with symptoms of UTI should have urinalysis done. It's cheap and fairly effective in diagnosing UTI. Untreated UTI can evolve into pyelonephritis (complicated UTI) that might necessitate hospitalization and undue expense that could otherwise have been avoided by early antibiotic treatment. In debilitated patients, especially those with indwelling catherers, urinary tract infections can also develop into potentially fatal urosepsis (infection of the bloodstream originating from the urinary tract).

By virtue of anatomy, females are much more prone to develop UTI than males. In fact, the rarity of UTI in males has led to the suggestion that any UTI in men should be regarded as complex UTI and be a reason for more extensive work-up.

Avoiding UTI
    UTI is best avoided by perineal hygiene, i.e. keeping the genital area clean. Some advice that is commonly given include:

1) Wiping from front to back instead of back to front. This is simply based on the possibility that the latter can bring bacteria from the anal area into the genital area.

2) Urinating after sexual intercourse. This is a good advice to follow since intercourse tends to cause bacteria to enter the urethra and cause UTI. Furthermore, studies have shown that intercourse is definite risk factor for developing UTI.

3) Avoiding holding your urine. Again, good advice. Urine is like a 'culture medium' wherein bacteria can grow. Simply put, if there's often no urine in your bladder then bacteria have less chance to grow. As a corollary to this, drinking 8 or more glasses of water per day is a good idea. However, avoid drinking lots of water if you know a bathroom is not readily available (e.g. long road trips).

4) Avoid wearing thongs. I really haven't seen scientific studies supporting this contention (or disproving it). This advice is based on the fact that that the thin fabric of the thong (or derisively called 'butt floss) can move around and act as an "escalator," transporting bacteria from the anal region to the genital area.

5). Avoid wearing overly tight pants and use cotton underwear. This is based on the idea that the lack of 'ventilation' can promote the growth of the nastier anaerobic (oxygen-hating bacteria).

6) Change underwear daily. Mmm, does this even have to be told?

In some women, even with all these precautions they still experience repeated (chronic) UTI. This warrants further workup for possible structural anomalies of the urinary tract. Ruling that out, prophylactic low-dose antibiotic is sometimes given.
  • medyo frequent din ako umihi. pero madalas akong uminom ng liquid. siguro 1 bottle ng mineral water, twice akong napapaihi. may prob ba dun?
  • LesLes PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    There's nothing unusual about frequent urination if you drink lots of fluids. If it's not associated with any urinary symptoms such as pain or urgency, then it's unlikely that it's UTI.

Note however that a sudden increase in fluid intake (polydipsia) plus frequent urination (polyuria) are two of the "3P's" of diabetes mellitus (the last 'P' being polpyhagia or increased appetite).
  • ei Les, quite extensive discussion with UTI there... ako tamad magtype hehehe
  • hi, sinong doctor ang pupuntahan ko for check up or UTI?what kind of doctor? tnx.
  • How do you drink ciproflaxin? Im having a hard to sleep during night im having chronic urnination and im a guy... I think I need to treat this? right docs?
  • .bumili ako nang ciprofloxacin isang table 40+ pesos... panu ba to inumin? medjo ayaw ko na kasi ung implications nang chronic urinating.. nakakinis na san a ito ung sagot