Home PEx Local Entertainment Showbiz - TV

Read Me. NOW. (Updated: 02.21.04)

First, the obvious. Please use the search function first before creating a new thread. It might already be an existing thread, so please exercise a little responsibility in this department.

Next, I will now start to merge threads that are related, or depending on whether I see it fit to do so. Threads that pertain to, for example, a single movie (e.g. "I didn't like the movie." "Favorite scenes in the movie." "Lines from the movie." "It's a great movie.") will be merged into a single existing thread. Hopefully this will reduce the clutter in the forum.

If you're on my blacklist, I'm sorry, but your thread will be locked/deleted at once.

If your thread has no point, I'm sorry, but the thread will be locked/deleted.

Finally, I'm sick and tired of all the negativity breeding in this forum. I've been extremely tolerant of that thus far but all this brings is unnecessary and unhealthy banter. From now on, I will lock and/or delete threads that I deem to be flamebait and/or started in an obvious derogatory purpose. If you have beef against an artist, I will leave a single thread for each artist, and you can all post your praises or insults there.

Please exercise a little more respect for the other people in this forum who aren't exactly here for the bangketa chismis prevalent. Other members have already been complaining about this for the longest time, but if all my patience has been consumed, then I guess that leaves me no choice but to be really brutal to you all. Call me authoritarian but that's the way I will run this forum.

Comments

• In the "Search By Keyword" field, try searching for several keywords that are related to the thread you might be looking for. Names and titles are always a good choice. Try using different terms if the results don't pop up at once.

Limit the search to the Movies and TV forum in the "Search Options" field. Choose "Search titles only" and "Show results as threads" to make the process a bit faster.

Crucial tip: If the threads you look for don't pop up immediately, try doing an advanced query in the "Search By Keyword" field. For example, if you are looking for a thread about, say, Julia Roberts, try inputting *julia* in the field. Enclosing the search word with an * ensures that more results are generated.
  • I'm tired of all these nonsense threads in this forum.

I don't want to be too tolerant of such threads which are obviously flamebait and/or started just to encourage unhealthy banter in this forum anymore.

I'm sick of ABS-CBN and GMA threads all over. It's pretty obvious that such displays of "loyalty" don't encourage anything constructive. So, from now on, if your thread is not about an ABS-CBN or GMA show, forget it. It will be locked at once. Moreover, there are existing ABS-CBN and GMA (station) threads, so you can post all your places and gripes there, and just there. Any such permutation of this network threads will be locked at once.

I'd like to remind everyone that once you're on my blacklist, I will lock your thread at once without prior warning. I'm also making up a list of nicks which I shall forward to the admins for banning, and this list will include alternicks and trolls.

Please exercise respect for the people in this forum who want something more than crap.
  • The absence of the search function is still a problem for most of us, but please bear with the PEx team until the problems are fixed.

Meanwhile, please do exercise a little more initiative by at least searching through the first few pages of the forum for any threads you might want to make/reply to.

If your thread disappears, chances are that I may have merged it with an existing thread. If it is locked, it might be because it is a redundant one. However, threads that are redundant but have quite a number of replies will be left for the time being, or until the search function works again.

Lastly, please do not use this forum to plug premieres and solicit tickets for premieres. I would want this forum to be absent of such free publicity; therefore, all threads related to this matter will be moved to the Classifieds forum.
  • Movies, movie stars, TV shows, TV stars, and all other topics in between belong in this forum. Concerts, singers, comparisons between singers, and all other topics in between clearly belong to the Music and Radio forum, as they involve music, not TV.

Please do not use this forum to sell VCDs and DVDs, pirated or otherwise. There is a place in PEx to do that (I'm talking about the legit ones and the Classifieds forum).

Please do exercise your brain cells a little bit before posting new threads.
  • Okay, as a co-moderator in the Local Movies & TV forum, I would like to re-enforce Yoshi's regulations in this board.

1. As much as possible, as moderator I'd like to keep the network war discussions to a minimum (dream ko none! but *pokes self* yea. right.) It really does not encourage good or constructive talk. It often turns personal and people just bicker on and on.

Be considerate to the other posters. There are seperate GMA/ABS, and you can post your rants, raves and anything in between there.

So a reminder. all network-war-threads will be closed.

Originally posted by Yoshi
    I'm tired of all these nonsense threads in this forum.

I don't want to be too tolerant of such threads which are obviously flamebait and/or started just to encourage unhealthy banter in this forum anymore.

I'm sick of ABS-CBN and GMA threads all over. It's pretty obvious that such displays of "loyalty" don't encourage anything constructive. So, from now on, if your thread is not about an ABS-CBN or GMA show, forget it. It will be locked at once. Moreover, there are existing ABS-CBN and GMA (station) threads, so you can post all your places and gripes there, and just there. Any such permutation of this network threads will be locked at once.

2. Flamebait threads will be closed.

3. Stop advertising your latest $30 offer for your website in this forum. These kinds of threads will automatically be closed.

4. Post responsibly. Friends don't let friends hit below the belt in PEX. :D PEX prides itself as a free board with diverse opinions i.e. "Speak Your Mind." However, at least be constructive, don't attack people, don't be offensive.etc. At least keep a peaceful atmosphere. Arguments are fun, do speak up! But know your limits.

5. Damn you trolls.

Anyway... have fun! Keep posting! :)
  • As of recent troll activity going around. As PEXers in this community, please report these kinds of malicious posts immediately. And PLEASE don't add more fuel to the fire. Don't give these trolls the attention i.e. bickering with them, creating a thread especially for them,etc. You are feeding their egos by doing that.

As a moderator, I apologize for the inconvinience. Thanks for your patience.
  • Okay just a little message *prrrrrrrt* moderator message...

I know recently in the Local Movies & TV forum there has been rampant trolling. Just asking for your cooperation.

What is a troll?

An Internet "troll" is a person who delights in sowing discord on the Internet. He/she tries to start useless arguments and upset people with below the belt attacks. With trolls any kind of reaction boosts their egos. that's just how they work. When you try to reason with a troll, he wins. When you insult a troll, he wins. When you scream at a troll, he wins. The only thing that trolls can't handle is being ignored.

The only way to deal with trolls is to limit your reaction to reminding others not to respond to trolls.

The Internet is a splendidly haphazard collection of both serious and silly material. Because it is so free, there are bound to be problems. So take it easy! Have fun PEXing.
This discussion has been closed.