FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

GMA Films' Till I Met You

Comments

• brickellobrickello Member PExer
    Just watched it at Walter Mart Pasong Tamo. I must say, it was a packed house. Fine performances from the three leads. Regine was really entertaining. She was really funny sa "inuman" scene. We were all laughing our heads off. Robin, surprisingly showed a more tender, sensitive side. Never really saw that in him. Eddie Garcia, well... that's already a given. Overall, I must say, it's a well-crafted film. From the production design, the script, the music... everything worked. Kudos to everyone behind the movie for coming up with a movie that we all can enjoy.
  • People's Tonight
    True hype
    A LITTLE BIT
    by : Remy Umerez

TILL I Met You” had a VIP screening at the Podium with the cast of the movie headed by Robin Padilla and Regine Velasquez in attendance. Is all the hype about the so-called “Movie Event of the Year” true?

Wonderfully, they all are. In the tradition of Viva and GMA’s standard of glossy filmmaking (it is a co-production between the two companies), the movie is both entertaining and touching as the drama unfolds midway. Robin is at his handsome and masculine best while Regine is simply radiant in those drop-dead gorgeous attires she wore.

Their performance is very inspiring and their loveteam is definitely hard to beat. We hope it won’t take them another six years to do a movie again. A 2008 Valentine offering perhaps?

In his speech before the screening, director Mark Reyes said that the film is suffering from an identity crisis.
    There are two endings and it is up for the viewers to draw their own conclusions. Whatever conclusions you arrive at, the movie ends on a merry note. The character of Luisa (Regine) gets to materialize her dream even though she backed out in marrying Señor Manuel (Eddie Garcia).

Incidentally, Kuh Ledesma (her hacienda named after her only daughter Isabella was used for filming and it is indeed very vast) has a special appearance at the start of the movie. Kaya lang, her voice was dubbed. Ditto with Mike ‘Pekto’ Nacua who was made to sound like Matutina and it screeches into our eardrums. But don’t let these small irritants spoil your viewing pleasure.

To Regine, Robin and Mark, do take a bow for a job well done.
  • ‘Till I Met You’, sinira ang box-office record ng lahat ng GMA movies!
    RATED A Ni Aster Amoyo
    Ang Pilipino STAR Ngayon 10/13/2006

Tuwang-tuwa ang GMA Films na pinamumunuan ni Annette Gozon-Abrogar dahil higit pa sa kanilang inaasahan ang naging performance sa takilya ng pelikulang Till I Met You na tinatampukan nina Robin Padilla at Regine Velasquez mula sa direksiyon ni Mark Reyes sa pagbubukas nito nung Oct. 11.

Ayon kay Jayce Perlas, head ng GMA PR department, na-break umano ng Till I Met You ang talaan ng box-office records ng lahat ng GMA Films produced movies.

Napanood namin ang pelikula sa special screening na ginanap sa Podium Cinema nung nakaraang October 6 at kami man ay na-impressed sa pagkakagawa ng pelikula na pinaghalo ang romance, drama at comedy.
  • shimmer23shimmer23 Member PExer
    nice words lang ang naririnig ko about this movie!

ang lupit naman! :rocker:
  • 1st day ng Till I Met You, dinumog!
    Article posted October 12, 2006

Pinilahan ang Till I Met You sa iba't-ibang sinehan sa opening day nito kahapon. Kaya naman labiss ang pasasalamat sa fans ng mga bidang si Regine Velasquez at Robin Padilla.

Madami ang nag-abang sa muling pagtambalan ni Robin Padilla at Regine Velasquez. Pagkatapos ng anim na taon, ngayon lang uli gumawa ng kilig movie ang dalawa, kaya tuwang-tuwa ang mga fans.

Punong-puno daw ng emosyon ang pelikula ng Asia's Songbird at Bad Boy of Philippine Movies.

Opening day pa lang, umabot na ito ng 4.3M sa Metro Manila at 2.04M naman sa probinsya.

Punong-puno daw ng aral ang latest na pelikula ng GMA Fils at Viva Films. General Patronage ito, kaya hindi lang lovers kundi buong pamilya, pwedeng mag-enjoy at manood.

"Thank you, maraming-maraming salamt po sa inyong lahat," sabi ni Regine Velasquez.

Dagdag ni Robin, "Maraming salamat po sa mga tumangkilik at talaga namang kami po ay nangangako na marami pang susunod."

http://www.igma.tv/article.php?articleid=7614
  • Phil_EaglePhil_Eagle Member PExer
    congrats sa movie

binalita kanina sa 24 oras na naka 14. something daw ito at 2 M sa province

wala pa Friday to Sunday yan ha :naughty:

talagang walang kinikilingan ang 24 oras ha!:bop:
  • jaikajaika Member PExer
    sabi ng ka tet mate ko from cagayan de oro nilangaw daw ang TIMU...paano kikita yan.....5 mil first day? ano sila baguhan ba si regine at bonie? starlet dapat 11 mil may mga pangalan na yan
  • meteormeteor Member PExer
    i watched 24 oras yesterday at sinabing 4.3M in metro Manila at 2.04M naman sa probinsya ang box office result ng movie. I think at abs considered flop na yun considering na regine/ robin movie ito.
  • deegee81deegee81 Member ✭✭✭
    meteor wrote:
    i watched 24 oras yesterday at sinabing 4.3M in metro Manila at 2.04M naman sa probinsya ang box office result ng movie. I think at abs considered flop na yun considering na regine/ robin movie ito.
    ako rin medyo disappointed,akala ko maka 10m sila,considering 100 theaters.sana makabawi this weekend.
  • GalchiGalchi Member PExer
    Kumita pero not that much ang earnings ng movie na ito

Sawa na nga kasi ang tao sa gimik ni Robin na sweet sweet epek kay Regine

People will watch a movie even without those kind of gimmicks, ginagawa namang ***** ang mga viewers, baka yung iba, but not most of Pinoys
  • deegee81deegee81 Member ✭✭✭
    Kakainis kasi ang pinaggagawa ni Robin sa promo,nakakumay
  • VlestatVlestat Member PExer
    I think the movie will gain popularity kung malalaman ng madami na okay ang film considering na rated B pa sya. Meaning me rebates pa sa tax at okay ang quality nya. Actually mas madami manonood today I think since malapit na sahod hehehhe... mostly naman sagad sagadan ang buget pag a week before the 15 lol.

the fact na nagenjoy ako at natawa talaga ako sa movie enough na yun for me to push pipol to watch it. Its not just because its a regine movie. I just hope they can make more movies like this.

Imbes na makipagaway at makipagtalo sa kita at kikitain dapat cguro we support more of the filipino movies ng umunlad tayo. It is so pathetic na known tayo for our talents and creativity pero napagiwanan na tayo sa pagdevelop ng entertainment industry.

In Korea mas preffered nilang suportahan ang local movies at telenovela nila kaya naman tignan mo pati movies at telenovela nila ineexport nila.
  • Nelissa_sanchezNelissa_sanchez reyna ng ukay ukay ✭✭✭
    Vlestat wrote:
    I think the movie will gain popularity kung malalaman ng madami na okay ang film considering na rated B pa sya. Meaning me rebates pa sa tax at okay ang quality nya. Actually mas madami manonood today I think since malapit na sahod hehehhe... mostly naman sagad sagadan ang buget pag a week before the 15 lol.

the fact na nagenjoy ako at natawa talaga ako sa movie enough na yun for me to push pipol to watch it. Its not just because its a regine movie. I just hope they can make more movies like this.

Imbes na makipagaway at makipagtalo sa kita at kikitain dapat cguro we support more of the filipino movies ng umunlad tayo. It is so pathetic na known tayo for our talents and creativity pero napagiwanan na tayo sa pagdevelop ng entertainment industry.

In Korea mas preffered nilang suportahan ang local movies at telenovela nila kaya naman tignan mo pati movies at telenovela nila ineexport nila.

Tama ka jan... yan cguro ang natutunan ko sa kapapanuod ng mga korean...
    kahit 100% Kapuso ako eh pag dating nman sa Movie nag ssuport ako ke kapamilya or kapuso....
  • NOW SHOWING
    ‘Till I Met You’: No new perspective

By Rito Asilo
    Inquirer
    Last updated 09:42pm (Mla time) 10/13/2006

TRUST Mark Reyes to come up with a visually succulent, meticulously photographed feature, with toe-tapping musical numbers to boot. But, while the film is better than his recent five-hanky drama (the shallow and dragging “Eternity”), his latest production doesn’t really offer a new perspective to the boy-meets-girl formula.

Robin (who’s back in his crowd-pleasing, over-the-top acting shtick) plays Gabriel, who’s out to expose Luisa (Regine Velasquez), a mysterious grifter who intends to marry his aging, affluent benefactor, Señor Manuel (Eddie Garcia), a widower for 30 years, so she can live a life of comfort and opportunity -- and to escape a sketchy past.

But, as fate would have it, Gabriel and Luisa soon fall for each other -- a situation that drives Luisa into a moral and romantic denouement: She has to choose between the handsome but uncouth charmer who makes her high heels shake and the well-meaning haciendero who assures her of a comfortable future. What’s a girl to do?!

Reyes uses a lush hacienda and the picture-perfect countryside as backdrops to boost a thin story that relies heavily on the easy vibe between Robin and Regine (that’s more evident in the amusing bloopers and outtakes at the end of the movie).

Unfortunately, while the scenes are briskly edited, it’s the story that trudges along slowly before it makes its not-so-insightful, worn-out moral -- perhaps, because there’s really not much story to tell, in the first place.

Even if his character is only used as a narrative device to showcase the film’s romantic protagonists, Garcia ably transforms a familiar caricature into a sympathetic figure.

This time around, Regine looks less awkward and shows dramatic insight and depth, particularly in two memorable scenes: While she silently, painfully gazes at her ramshackle hut (a reminder of her painful past), and as she pleads, “Bakit hindi puwede?,” when Robin’s character refuses to runaway with her. (Cameo alert: A relaxed Kuh Ledesma as a -- hold your breath -- sosyal-looking market vendor!)

Despite a gratingly shrill Mike “Pekto” Nacua, who plays Robin’s sidekick (and some logic-defying scenes that show Regine in high heels after riding a horse), it’s pleasing to note that Reyes’ film doesn’t cop-out with a fairy-tale finale.

Instead, the story settles on a compromise -- for the fans, of course -- by adding a sweet, Joonee Gamboa-narrated epilogue that puts a fitting finale to the duo’s unfinished romantic duet.
  • BY RAOUL J. CHEE KEE, Senior Reporter

Not quite there yet
    MOVIE REVIEW
    Till I Met You
    Directed by Mark A. Reyes

The movie starts out — like many other formulaic Filipino movies — with the boy chasing the girl and the girl scorning him. By the end, however, it turns into a story about loyalty and pakikisama.

Gabriel (Robin Padilla) plays the right hand man of Don Manuel, an aging gentleman farmer (Eddie Garcia) who is conspicuously absent in more than half of the movie. After spending life as a widower for 30 years, he suddenly falls in love again with a woman half his age. Luisa (Regine Velasquez) is supposed to be a well-bred woman who has lived most of her life in the US but Gabriel is certain she is only after his boss’ money.

When Manuel is called away on a trip, Gabriel is asked to watch over Luisa and show her the sights of Tagaytay. Despite a few misgivings, he agrees because the task will allow him to uncover the charlatan that she really is.

First, he challenges her to a race with him on horseback and her on an all-weather vehicle. A drinking match follows with Luisa playing a convincing drunk. The last test is a singing contest during the birthday party of one of the supporting characters. In the end, however, Luisa trumps him on all three tests.

Gabriel develops a newfound respect for Luisa and although he tries hard to fight it, he begins to fall in love with her and vice-versa. That’s when Don Manuel suddenly decides to show up with a limp bouquet for his bride-to-be.

Luisa decides to come clean and admits that she’s been lying all along. Instead of running her out of the hacienda, Manuel tells her he knew all along and that he still wants to marry her. For someone who’s supposed to be so perceptive, however, Don Manuel chooses to overlook the budding romance between Gabriel and Luisa.
    Up until this point, I thought the movie was just another one of those flicks that you watch and then conveniently forget. You somehow expect the two young characters to hook up "in the face of all odds" but there is a twist near the end, one that this cynical reviewer did not foresee and thus appreciated — while it lasted.

Now, if only the story had ended there. Instead, the director comes up with a happy ending turning the movie into just another one of those flicks that you watch and then conveniently forget.

Aside from the ending that left much to be desired, I was bothered by the shoddy sound editing throughout the movie. Ambient sounds were hollow and tinny (tunog lata). Even outdoor scenes like the arrival of Don Manuel and Luisa, and the pre-wedding party had this fake, studio-dubbed sound. Don’t even get me started on the blatant product placements found throughout the movie.

Till I Met You is an okay movie although it could have been better if the director knew when to say, "Cut! That’s a wrap."
  • shimmer23shimmer23 Member PExer
    padaan nga dito!

:drive:
  • code_1120code_1120 katrinian/kris allen PExer
    congrats for another box office!
  • jennesjennes Member PExer
    how sad naman 4 million lang sa manila at sa province ay 2 million. sana makabawi. diba sa you are the one 10 million.
  • jennesjennes Member PExer
    deegee81 wrote:
    ako rin medyo disappointed,akala ko maka 10m sila,considering 100 theaters.sana makabawi this weekend.

tama ka, disappointed din ako. akala ko 14 million first day ng till i met you. regine at robin, may pangalan ganito lang ang kikitain. oh man!!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file