Home PEx Hobbies Books and Literature

(The) Art Of War by SunTzu/Tsu?

magnabashmagnabash PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Is there such a book called (The) Art Of War by SunTzu/Tsu?

Comments

• There is.

But most you will read is a translated version of chinese original. Different translation usually implies different applications, different wordings gives different impressions.
  • magnabashmagnabash PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    yebastick wrote:
    There is.

But most you will read is a translated version of chinese original. Different translation usually implies different applications, different wordings gives different impressions.

Ah ok.

What kind/sort of book is this?

Is this book availabe in A Different Bookstore/Fully Booked/Goodwill Bookstore/National Bokk Store/Power Books?

How much?
  • Search the internet. There are a lot free Art of War translation you can get. I think Project Guttenberg has it.

If not, PM me your email and i'll send you an ebook as soon as I can.

If you want a hard copy, get James Clavell version. It is a popular translation. Though comparing Clavell with other translation, you will have a better idea what Art of War is. You will appreciate it more too with several translations. I think National Bookstore have Clavell's version.

As to its content, it is sort of manual of getting into an actual war. And read as one. The principles, in most translations, are numbered.
  • Get the translation by Lionel Giles. It has nifty footnotes and possibly the closest you could probably have of the original Chinese text.

It's been read by many people but only a few actually get to make effective use of its content.
  • The book is like The 48 Laws of Power and The 33 Strategies of War both written by Robert Greene and The Prince written by Niccolo Machiavelli. If you're a politician or a businessman, I recommend you to read this book because it can really really help you a lot. Taipan Lucio Tan even had to memorize the whole book! *okay*
  • I have the James Clavell version, so far sya yung madaling intindihin para sa akin. But prior to that, I have a book on business management that is based on Art of War which describes how the Japanese business empires dominate the world markets. No wonder, "business is war" is the mantra of every Japanese business empires.