Home PEx Hobbies Books and Literature

Help! I'm writing a Fil-Lit. play about animals...

People, do you know any saying, proverb, expression (idiomatic), etc. in English and/or Filipino, about the following animals:

(1) Hen, (2) horse, (3) frog, (4) turtle, (5) firefly, (6) mosquito, (6) crab ???

Hope you contribute if you know any. To the first one who replies, please send me a private message so that I'd be alerted immediately to check out this thread. Thanks!

Comments

• bump bump bump
  • Ice BurnIce Burn PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Dami dyan, look for Damiana Eugenio's compilations of Filipino Folk Literature. It has proverbs, short stories etc.

Don't expect PEX people to do your homework for you. :)
  • And please don't make this yet another Bob Ong ripoff. :)
  • Anu ba yan?! Such accusations! I was astounded by the replies, considering my intentions.

Homework? Bob Ong rip off?

Neva mind. I'm not gonna be provoked.

Just the same, thanks, Ice Burn, I'll try to check out Eugenio's compilations.
  • ^^

Yeah, dude, guts! That's the spirit!
  • Ice BurnIce Burn PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I meant no offense about the homework crack but if you look around PEX there are a whole bunch of people making subject inquiry threads because they are too lazy to do their own homework.
  • Ummm...ibahin mo ako.

I'm a high scool teacher compelled- willingly (oxymoron?)- to write a play for my freshmen students' production in March next year. I just thought that the peeps who go through this particular "Arts and Literature" forum could be a MINOR source of help. Baka lang kako may mapulot ako from you.

I just need a once-sentence proverb/saying about each animal for its entrance (I'm resorting to embellishments because the plot of this "alamat" is quite simple). So far I have, "Aanhin pa ang damo, kung wala na ang kabayo?" (to be translated in English, of course).

This post is not meant to solicit contributions anymore. I feel I just have to clarify things, what with the somewhat antagonistic responses (most uncalled for) above. I guess I'll just consult other people, and of course, read extensively about related subjects, which is naturally at the top of my to-do list as I write this pop-culture play.

Peace out, everyone! (That's sincere)

P.S.

To the moderator: You may lock or delete this thread entirely. Thanks.