FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Pinay pa rin ang hanap

homsikhomsik gusto ko pinay! PExer
Eto sigurado maraming makaka-relate sa akin dito.

Pinoy po ako sa Australia. Nasa stage na ako ng buhay na pwede na rin mag-settledown.

Nagka-relationships na rin po ako, iba-iba nga po ang lahi. Pero napagisipan ko po PINAY pa rin ang hanap ko.

Ang problema po onti lang kaming mga Pinoy dito at mas onti pa ay yun Pinay na single dito. So like every Pinoy like me. Umuwi po ako sa Pinas para po makita kung ano nga po talaga ang Pinay. Eh napa-alalanan po sa akin pag uwi na talaga nga naman magaganda ang mga Pinay, malambing, iba mag mahal, at napakasarap mag alaga.

Pero po ang problema...eh taga Sydney po ako eh. So kailangan ko po umuwi. Masarap man ang buhay sa Pinas...eh...pag wala pong income/money napakahirap talaga.

What I am trying to ask is. How does one maintain a relationship from a distance (6000km)? How does faith and fidelity strengten when the absence can only be accomodated with a plane ticket or the well awaited 1 hr phone call? How can that physical presence,physical contact, and that lovely intimacy be replaced by the above mentioned alternative. We have plenty of theories and ideals about long distance relationships pero ano po ba talaga ang practical at yun gumagana???:bop: :bashful: :tampo:

Sa mga katulad ko po na Pinoy(Filo) hindi po namin maiiwasan na syempre kung minsan eh mag duda kung tunay nga talaga yun relationship na naiwan at bunga ng isang buan na bakasyon.

Comments

• chrisboychrisboy T.B.I.Y.T.C. PExer
    homsik wrote:
    What I am trying to ask is. How does one maintain a relationship from a distance (6000km)?

na curious ako dito sa 6,000km. sinukat ko, 6,000 nga :) nag Google Earth ka din no. ;)

this is what i can say about long distance relationships: it takes a LOT for it to work. as if a 'simple' relationship isn't already hard to maintain. its not practical, and it has a very high mortality rate.

been there, di na. :)
  • gageandsaracengageandsaracen Member PExer
    I know loneliness is somewhat painful and you wish that would like to end your life that way. But what can we all have individual lives and different choices and different course of actions or deciscions to make. i say take it easy. In my own opinion life is somewhat like full of challenges its the risk we take ( i am not saying to take risks all the time) take it at the right time and if you think at the right moment for you.:) :bashful: :) :bashful:

I may right or wrong but its like that. what can i say take time and try to meet other people or surf the net and try online dating> if that does not work for you so be it its your choice. I am not stopping you perse. but if you like? check this site out. i promise you i wont make you regret http://itzamatch.com

send comments if its ok and if its for you spread the word to all men or women alike

cheerio

give feedback thanks
  • CrazyBoutShadyCrazyBoutShady **** happens. so flush it. PExer
    baligtad tayo... Foreigner naman hanap ko. Well, Fil-Ams. Actually, Filipinos who grew up abroad.

anyway, goodluck on your search. I bet, it's gonna be hella hard, but hopefully worth it. :)
  • samantha_jonessamantha_jones sassy beeyatch PExer
    Well long distance relationships are hard.

I guess it would help if both of you would agree to extend as much effort to the relationship than you normally would. It can work. I've seen some. O sige na nga 2 relationships work out well...hanggang sa nakasunod na or nakauwi na ang isa sa kanila. :D
  • milk.pink.cosmomilk.pink.cosmo milk 'n honi PExer
    homsik wrote:
    Eto sigurado maraming makaka-relate sa akin dito.

Pinoy po ako sa Australia. Nasa stage na ako ng buhay na pwede na rin mag-settledown.

Nagka-relationships na rin po ako, iba-iba nga po ang lahi. Pero napagisipan ko po PINAY pa rin ang hanap ko.

Ang problema po onti lang kaming mga Pinoy dito at mas onti pa ay yun Pinay na single dito. So like every Pinoy like me. Umuwi po ako sa Pinas para po makita kung ano nga po talaga ang Pinay. Eh napa-alalanan po sa akin pag uwi na talaga nga naman magaganda ang mga Pinay, malambing, iba mag mahal, at napakasarap mag alaga.

Pero po ang problema...eh taga Sydney po ako eh. So kailangan ko po umuwi. Masarap man ang buhay sa Pinas...eh...pag wala pong income/money napakahirap talaga.

What I am trying to ask is. How does one maintain a relationship from a distance (6000km)? How does faith and fidelity strengten when the absence can only be accomodated with a plane ticket or the well awaited 1 hr phone call? How can that physical presence,physical contact, and that lovely intimacy be replaced by the above mentioned alternative. We have plenty of theories and ideals about long distance relationships pero ano po ba talaga ang practical at yun gumagana???:bop: :bashful: :tampo:

Sa mga katulad ko po na Pinoy(Filo) hindi po namin maiiwasan na syempre kung minsan eh mag duda kung tunay nga talaga yun relationship na naiwan at bunga ng isang buan na bakasyon.

my bestfriend lives in sydney... and she's got alot of fil friends... i can tell her to contact u if u want... her boyfriend is a pinoy... she told me in sydney uber dami ng fil living in the area...
    how old kna po ba?

:*)
  • meteorameteora California Guy PExer
    homsik, i agree na talagang Pinay pa rin syempre. Kahit na ako, yan din ang hanap ko... Pero talagang mahirap ang LDR. I've been there. Siguro kung parehas kayong wala sa Pinas at yung situation nyo is almost the same meaning both of you are longing to have a filipino companion, maybe it could work kasi you can find a common ground. Pero kung yung isa nasa Pinas, alam mo na...mas maraming temptation sa pinas. So kahit sabihin mong you give your everything to her, walang guarantee na yung girl may fall in love with another filipino guy who is already there, and available to her in the Phils. But like what other people say, there's no harm in trying.

You're situation is no different than ours or myself. What's important is you stay true to your primary goal... why you even decided to leave the Phils for your work in the first place. I think karamihan naman sa atin have the same common objective of helping our own parents, families, friends, and that's our sacrifice. we are aware of that risks. Pero eventually, you'll find your own partner in due time. You just have to take it cool. Pasalamat nga tayo and we're lucky to be working outside and enjoying the many benefits that is not found in our home country.
  • darnstuffdarnstuff Trapped in a Wretched Life PExer
    gusto ko sana magcomment kso lang wla pa ko nararanasan na ganito... pero given the chance i would still want to settle down with a pinoy, khit mejo mahirap pero at least same culture, same values, almost the same beliefs. at least dun man lang sa part na yun e magkaintindihan kami ng konti....

pero im not closing my doors... if i would be lucky or otherwise... im just hoping that, that someone would accept me and love me wholeheartedly...
  • orangepinkorangepink orange != pink PExer
    I understand your case. Hesitant din ako with the idea of going home to find Mr. Right. What if gagamitin lang pala ako di ba? Para lang maka-green card. What if lolokohin lang ako pagdating dito? I also have reservations with meeting Filipinos here. Yung iba kasi kung ano-ano na lang kinukwento pagdating dito. That's one thing I don't understand with us, Filipinos. We all came here for a better life but I meet guys who brag about how rich they are back home pero sinusubukan lang daw nila dito. They make up stories about their past lives in the Philippines. I understand we all came here to start over but there's nothing wrong with being poor back home. (The best version was best friend daw niya si Tonyboy Cojuangco. Hindi ko na lang tinabla baka kasi totoo di ba)Anyway, what can I do...that's life.
  • homsikhomsik gusto ko pinay! PExer
    Woo hoo!!! Australia tied up with Croatia 2-2 in the world cup. That means pasok po kami sa second Round.

Meteora mate Aussie na po ako. I spent more than half of my life down under. At lahat na po ng immediate family ko ay Aussies na rin po. So even though I call Australia my adopted country, it is still my home none the less.

Kaya po agree ako sa sinabi niyo. Talagang maraming pong temptation sa Pinas. At saka sometimes po di ako makarelate sa kanila. Katulad po nitong World Cup yoon naiwanan po sa Pinas ang alam lang niya sa football ay si Beckham at noon nasa manchester United pa si Becks (LOL cute). Ang dribble po sa kanya ay un pang basketball at 'off side' po ay tinda sa tabi tabi.

Noon nasa Pinas po ako talagang kasweet naman (three week summer romance). Sabi ko po babalik po ako sa April next year para magbakasyon at mag Boboracay kami, naku payag po siya at excited. Pero ngayon po pag binanggit ko po yun plan na yon ang sagot eh 'saka na lang natin pagusapan pag balik mo' ngek...
  • sweetshey79sweetshey79 ******* PExer
    eh kasi naman masyado pa ata maaga para iplano mo gagawin nyo. syempre ma-excite yung girl hehe i surprise mo kasi para hindi mawala ang thrill :D

I experienced LDR too. . continuous ang communication namin for 9 months. (mahirap kasi magastos) mga 6 months bago sya umuwi nakipag break sya kasi daw ganun, ganyan. ang daming excuses. pero ang totoo may bago na sya dun. . nahiya lang syang sabihin sa akin nung una.

The hardest part is that you cant see and hold each other. pero wala naman sa lugar yun. na sa inyong dalawa na yun if you want your relationship to workout. If you really love each other distance is not a hindrance ang daming ways para mag communicate kayo.

I've been true to our relationship. faithfull kasi ako eh :D yun nga lang ako na denggoy. (whuaaaa i checked his profile and his married na!
    :bigcry:http://www.friendster.com/user.php?uid=5174073
    he was my last relationship. since 2004 hindi na na sundan. :mecry:
  • penandpaperpenandpaper Member PExer
    Long distance relationships are indeed hard. I've just been through one, and though the distance was not the primary reason for our break-up, I'd say it has contributed in some way.

The things you've said here is true--the most challenging is when you miss him/her or the feeling or just being with him/her. It's not practical, if not impossible, to buy a plane ticket every weekend. Sure, there are IM's and emails and roaming, but nothing beats feeling his/her presence beside you.

One component to make an LDR work though (I think) is both of you needs to have commitment in the relationship. Both should acknowledge that it's going to be hard, and both should be prepared to deal with the consequences (phone bills, trips, very brief time with each other, etc).

In additon, you two should atleast agree that at some point you would be together. The "when" could be debatable, but I think it's hard not to work for a definite goal. Unless of course, that being miles away from your loved one is your preference and would want to keep it that way for the rest of your life.

Needless to say, couples in LDRs should have a strong sense of loyalty to his/her partner. The temptation is very strong, and the distance of the other should not be viewed as a "misgiving" (kakulangan). The distance should be a given in this kind of relationship and the challenge is to work around it.

If I were to be given another opportunity to be in an LDR, I think I'll still jump at the chance. It might be hard and it's not the most ideal set up in the world, but if relationships are true--no matter how far away two people can be--they are always worth the chance.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file