Home PEx Hobbies Books and Literature

Recommended Non-fiction Books

what's the best non-fiction inspirational books you have read?

Comments

• coveys' seven habits
  • youngblood :) nice collection of stories written by young people, usually about their lives, experiences and just about anything under the sun
    ü
  • try biographies.
  • nyahaha. i don't read inspirational books. it's too fu(ked up idealistic...

try reading philosophy books, those of nietzsche (thus spoke zarathustra, etc)
  • Nivla_PoaNivla_Poa PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    try biographies.

I'm finishing Isaac Asimov's autobiography "I, Asimov". It's a recommended read for aspiring writers, sci-fi and science enthusiasts, and biographical enthusiasts. If there's a "prolific writer" entry in the dictionary, Asimov's picture would be beside it.
  • i thought barbara cartland already owns the "prolific writer" entry?

still thinking of a good non-fiction inspirational book. the only thing that occurs to me right now is the joy of sex :D
  • The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley
  • Oh another one is Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki.
  • A child called It.. Nakalimutan ko ung author.. hehe.. Pero maganda siya..
  • war and management: an application of sun tzu's art of war
  • cybernautcybernaut PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    A child called It.. Nakalimutan ko ung author.. hehe.. Pero maganda siya..

david pelzer... i have that book, pero it's just gathering dust.

tuesdays with morrie is good.

i dont like phil mcgraw, but i read an excerpt from his book LIFE STRATEGIES, and he writes with a lot of sense!
  • bill bryson, travel journals niya tulad ng down under at yung short history of nearly everything...hindi naman "inspirational" kundi eye-opener na meron pang mas malaki na mundo kesa sa sariling ginagalawan natin.
  • David Sedaris, definitely a must-read *okay*

A Heartbreaking Work of a Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers. *okay*
  • C.I.C.C.IC.I.C.C.I PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS - JAMES BRADLEY WITH RON POWERS

- Unforgettable...one of the most instructive and moving books on war and its aftermath that we are likely so se...its protrayal rivals Saving Private Ryan in its shocking , unvarnished immediacy. THE NEW YORK TIMES.

-The best battle book I ever read, these stories, from the time the six men who riased the flag at Iwo Jima , their trainingk adn the landing and subsequent struggle , fill me with Awe ." STEPHEN AMBROSE

- A powerful book whose vivid and hoffirif images do not easily leave the mind...[Flags of our Fathers] relates the brutalizing story of Iwo Jima with a fine eye for both the strategic imperative and the telling incident. THE BOSTON GLOBE

- Brings a heartfelt personal dimension to this penetrating and insightful look at an American Icon...Flags of our Fathers captivates as the story behind a famous photo, a story that lives on in a son's heart. NATIONAL REVIEW
  • Freakonomics
    Confessions of an Economic Hit Man