Home PEx Lifestyle Travel and Leisure

Phuket Thailand

heya guys.. am going to phuket with a bunch of friends..

Thinking of stay arounf Patong Beach..

Any suggestions on what to do there? like where to go for an elephant ride or something worth experiencing?

All suggestions are welcome.

Rogue

Comments

• ^^^

did you all know that the correct pronounciation of Phuket is one with a silent T...

it must be

PHUKE!! :lol:
  • the issue of where to stay will depend on what you want to do and of course, your budget. we got a package of $500 4d/3n ( 2 nights phuket, 1 night bangkok) and for that amount, our agent booked us at royal paradise hotel. It's not really a posh hotel altho I think it is one of the tallest edifices in patong area. Food is mediocre and the swimming pool is modest. You need to walk a bit to go to the beach. Patong beach is not as awesome as Boracay but it's full of life because there are so many people. If you really want to go swimming with snorkelling, ask your tourist guide to bring you to the Coral Island ( less than an hour away). On your way to Chalong port ( jump off point to coral isand), you will pass by the posh resorts in kata and karon beach. We stayed in the island for about four hours and paid $1,000 baht per pax ( inclusive of land transport, speedboat ride and lunch). After that is a tour of phuket which I did not join because I preferred to have a massage. I'm sure there are elephant rides but since it doesn't interest, I never bothered to ask. Nighttime in Phuket is vibrant. If you're into loud music and girls, you just go to Bangla Road which is a long stretch of bars. At the end of Bangla ( corner rat-u-thit), there is a thai boxing stadium. There are plenty of restaurants along thaweewong rd so you don't need to eat your meal at the hotel.
  • jazzyjazzy PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    naka recover na ba yung mga resort dun after the Tsunami?

Megatipid.com - ang website ng mga WAIS.
    www.megatipid.com

Thinking of stay arounf Patong Beach..

Any suggestions on what to do there? like where to go for an elephant ride or something worth experiencing?

Rogue

just went to phuket for 4 days, and i love phuket! highly recommended to visit phi phi islands, and you can reserve your tours online. nagpa-reserve ako sa andaman travel master, and paid 750 baht per person. they will pick you up sa hotel mo (in our case, andaman beach suites in patong beach), then punta sa pier. they took us to long beach, and nag-snorkelling kami, and super nice! i've been to boracay and bohol several times, but feeling ko, mas maganda ang phi phi islands than these two combined. lunch is included in the package.

we also watched the phuket fantasea show (around 1300 baht - without buffet dinner) and simon cabaret. and of course, yung requisite s3x show, na mas mahal than those in patpong. nag-parasailing din kami sa patong beach, which was really nice. maraming tiangge stalls along patong beach, so pag wala kang magawa, pwede mag-shopping. merong isang street na buhay na buhay pag gabi, yung bangla street. reminded me of pattaya. fun sa area na to, if you're into drinking. may murang buffet pala sa royal paradise hotel, 150 baht lang per person, pero daming food! medyo expensive kasi yung parang mga food stalls outside, so i recommend na mag-buffet na lang kayo. if you're into mga animal attractions, you can hire a taxi to take you to the elephant/snake/monkey farms. may bungee-jumping site din, and go-kart racing. since rainy season na, pag umulan, just go to central department store. anyways, have fun in phuket (according to lonely planet, pronounced as poo-get)!

*okay*
  • roguester wrote:
    Any suggestions on what to do there?

Rogue

[highlight] Kelangan pa bang i memorize ya? Alam nyo na yan 101.69 [/highlight]:naughty: :rotflmao:
  • I had a blast when I went to Phuket, highly recommended. I went there alone and it was really worth it. I stayed at bangla House, near the Thai boxing stadium along Bangla Road. 600 Baht per day.
  • mac326mac326 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Don't expect beaches better than the ones here in the Philippines. patong beach has grey water. phi phi don island barely even has a beach. the resorts and everything else are so near the beach that it almost left nothing. the other side of phi phi don island has a bigger beach but the sand and water is not so beautiful. phi phi lei (the beach movie) is beautiful but you can't stay very long in the island. This small strip of beach also has A LOT of tourists in it.

Having said that, I still enjoyed Phuket and will definitely come back in the next few years. Parasailing costs 600 Baht (After haggling price). Thai food in carinderias are delicious and cheap. Nightlife is absolutely great! Island hopping is cheap. Phanga Bay is so beautiful.

Phuket is not the place to be if you want to be alone and relax but it is the BEST place if you want an action packed beach holiday!

Enjoy!
  • asiamiles wrote:
    just went to phuket for 4 days, and i love phuket! highly recommended to visit phi phi islands, and you can reserve your tours online. nagpa-reserve ako sa andaman travel master, and paid 750 baht per person. they will pick you up sa hotel mo (in our case, andaman beach suites in patong beach), then punta sa pier. they took us to long beach, and nag-snorkelling kami, and super nice! i've been to boracay and bohol several times, but feeling ko, mas maganda ang phi phi islands than these two combined. lunch is included in the package.

we also watched the phuket fantasea show (around 1300 baht - without buffet dinner) and simon cabaret. and of course, yung requisite s3x show, na mas mahal than those in patpong. nag-parasailing din kami sa patong beach, which was really nice. maraming tiangge stalls along patong beach, so pag wala kang magawa, pwede mag-shopping. merong isang street na buhay na buhay pag gabi, yung bangla street. reminded me of pattaya. fun sa area na to, if you're into drinking. may murang buffet pala sa royal paradise hotel, 150 baht lang per person, pero daming food! medyo expensive kasi yung parang mga food stalls outside, so i recommend na mag-buffet na lang kayo. if you're into mga animal attractions, you can hire a taxi to take you to the elephant/snake/monkey farms. may bungee-jumping site din, and go-kart racing. since rainy season na, pag umulan, just go to central department store. anyways, have fun in phuket (according to lonely planet, pronounced as poo-get)!

*okay*

hi, how much did you pay for the package? & how many nights please thank u
  • circa wrote:
    hi, how much did you pay for the package? & how many nights please thank u

the package was around 9500 baht, since we booked it in bangkok. converted into pesos, around 6500 pesos/person, since the package is good for two. sa airasia namin nakuha yung package, but i think tigerairways also offers similar packages. 4 days, 3 nights kami sa phuket.
  • asiamiles wrote:
    the package was around 9500 baht, since we booked it in bangkok. converted into pesos, around 6500 pesos/person, since the package is good for two. sa airasia namin nakuha yung package, but i think tigerairways also offers similar packages. 4 days, 3 nights kami sa phuket.

you mean. the 9500 Baht is good for 2 pax??
  • asiamiles wrote:

mura na yan. malapit kasi bkk sa hkt
  • EXTRAneous wrote:
    you mean. the 9500 Baht is good for 2 pax??

yup, super mura, mas mahal pa mag-boracay from manila!
  • what hotel??
  • i went to phuket last year and the place and people have definitely recovered from the tsunami. although when i came there last august, construction on different areas was still on-going.

i stayed at the banthai resort hotel in patong beach. its a nice resort hotel. with excellent room service. kung sawa ka na swimming at the beach, you can always swim at the resort's pool. there are poolside rooms, by the way. there's a 7-11 and a starbucks right outside the hotel. patong beach is indeed quite like bora but without the white sand and green algae. ;)

i highly recommend a trip to phuket fantasea. you could take an elephant-ride for a few minutes. for a fee, of course. but don't leave there without watching the spectacular show. kids and adults alike would definitely enjoy it. i would suggest, though, that you opt for the package that comes with the buffet dinner. food is great as well. :chew:
  • peeyaa79 wrote:
    i went to phuket last year and the place and people have definitely recovered from the tsunami. although when i came there last august, construction on different areas was still on-going.

i stayed at the banthai resort hotel in patong beach. its a nice resort hotel. with excellent room service. kung sawa ka na swimming at the beach, you can always swim at the resort's pool. there are poolside rooms, by the way. there's a 7-11 and a starbucks right outside the hotel. patong beach is indeed quite like bora but without the white sand and green algae. ;)

i highly recommend a trip to phuket fantasea. you could take an elephant-ride for a few minutes. for a fee, of course. but don't leave there without watching the spectacular show. kids and adults alike would definitely enjoy it. i would suggest, though, that you opt for the package that comes with the buffet dinner. food is great as well. :chew:

the show was nice, but i felt that the show is overpriced! we paid 1300 baht (hotel shuttle included), and additional 500 baht for the buffet.
  • I found a place sa Patong Beach.. its called Prince Edouard. It looks really nice and cheap. 7000.00 baht per day but its the whole house. There will be 8 of us.. so that'd be about $100 SGD per person for 4days 3 nights stay in Phuket.

wow.. cant wait for this trip just to get off work!!:bashful:

Anyways, from peeyaa79 she said

"patong beach is indeed quite like bora but without the white sand and green algae."

So hindi white sand ang phuket? Isnt that a bit disappointing?:depressed:
    roguester wrote:
    I found a place sa Patong Beach.. its called Prince Edouard. It looks really nice and cheap. 7000.00 baht per day but its the whole house. There will be 8 of us.. so that'd be about $100 SGD per person for 4days 3 nights stay in Phuket.

wow.. cant wait for this trip just to get off work!!:bashful:

Anyways, from peeyaa79 she said

"patong beach is indeed quite like bora but without the white sand and green algae."

So hindi white sand ang phuket? Isnt that a bit disappointing?:depressed:

white din naman somehow pero not as white and powdery as boracay. good thing is walang green algae... grey water naman ang meron. hehe...
  • wala ng lumot sa boracay station 1&2
  • k, getting back on to Phuket...

Where is the best place there to shop for presents? place where in prices are reasonable for thai's.. not like tourists price.
    prices are not too expensive in phuket but i'm sure that prices in bangkok markets are cheaper. are you staying even just for a night in bangkok? i think you should consider staying a night or two in bkk for shopping.