Ano Ang Hinaharap Sa Practical Nursing?

Comments

• alex_rainalex_rain Member PExer
    Hindi kasi nagbibigay ng visa for practical nurses...ang binibigyan lang eh yung may BSN degree, kasi wala namang shortage ng LPN dito sa US. Tapos wala namang licensure exam ang pilipinas para sa mga practical nurses, kaya san sila magtratrabaho?

Ang mga LPN schools ang nagmi mislead, sasabihin nila na pwede kang makapunta sa US kahit hindi naman...

read for more info:
    http://allnurses.com/forums/f235/say-no-lpn-progams-philippines-311473.html
    from http://allnurses.com/forums/f235/please-read-lpn-programs-philippines-285730.html
    We are quite aware that these programs are being offered in your country, however, you cannot get a visa to work anywhere with that license. Licenses require a visa to be able to be used in other countries. We do not have a shortage of LPNs/LVNs in the US, no matter what you may be hearing with the advertisements from some of these programs.

And they may tell you that there are temporary visas available for you and even mention the H2-B visa. This is not a valid visa for a nurse for the US in any capacity, it is used for unskilled workers coming over for a short time only. For some of these unscrupulous agencies trying to bring you over on one of these, means that they are bringing you over by providing fraudulent information to immigration and makes you subject to being deported for a period of not less than ten years.

The only one that is going to make money from these programs are the school owners.

This license will only be accepted in the US and permit one to work providing that they hold a green card or are a US citizen. If you are planning to go this route to get a visa for the US, please understand that you will be holding a training that will not get you a job. Your own country does not recognize it for licensure either.

The only degree for nursing that is valid to have a chance of a green card is the BSN. That alone.

Please take the time to do your research before signing with any of these so-called programs as they will be taking your hard-earned money only, and not providing you with anything else. Unfortunately, we see those from your country as being the ones that do the best job of taking advantage of you.

Asar na asar ako kasi may mga pinsan ako na nagtake ng LPN, di rin naman pala nila magagamit..
  • shox920shox920 Slightly Green Minded PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Wala nga shortage sa LPN/LVN sa US... But because of difference sa pa sweldo. kung ako man yung employer i would take LPN na kase small difference lang naman yung sweldo sa RN

reference mo allnurses.com? ikaw ang na mislead yata
    pero limited lang ang functions ng LPN..kailangan may supervision pa rin ng RN

at pano naging misleading ang allnurses? :confused:
  • shox920shox920 Slightly Green Minded PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    What i mean is, konti lang pinag kaiba ng LPN sa RN. with proper training and certification ng LPN on IV push pwede na mag administer.

Malaki nga pinagkaiba ng sweldo ng RN sa LPN. Mas mataas di hamak ng konti ang sweldo ng RN

Kase Brod, salungat kase ang mga sinasabi dun sa allnurses.com sa totoong nangyayari.

tama ka, with supervision pa din ng RN ang LPN... Pero hindi na profession ang prioridad ngayon, sweldo na at ang makapunta sa US or Canada... Hindi man natin aminin pero yun talaga tinutumbok diba?

Ganito lang yan. I'f i'm an employer, why would i hire 15 RN's if i can take 5 RN's to supervised the 10 LPN's..... Balanced ang Pasweldo

Diyan threatened ang PNA and allnurses.com dahil nakukuha na ng LPN ang trabaho na sa tingin nila dapat sa kanila lang...

Wala talagang makukuhang trabaho ang LPN dito sa pilipinas dahil ultimong kapwa pilipino dine-discriminate ang propesyon na yan

Buti na lang may NCLEX-PN

para lalong ma enlighten... contact KRC (Kennedy Review Center) 8825557
  • amanda75amanda75 Member PExer
    My mom used to bring me in a nursing school but unfortunately it didn't last since i don't have the passion in it...There's a lot of Filipino nurses here in US but i doubt why am I not intersted in becoming a nurse?I rather be a film maker or working in a production than working in a hospital..So when I decided to stop from taking nursing I did end up in a Academy where my passion is...And I told my mom to just support me,and she did...
  • luks7210luks7210 Member PExer
    shox920 wrote: »
    What i mean is, konti lang pinag kaiba ng LPN sa RN. with proper training and certification ng LPN on IV push pwede na mag administer.

Malaki nga pinagkaiba ng sweldo ng RN sa LPN. Mas mataas di hamak ng konti ang sweldo ng RN

Kase Brod, salungat kase ang mga sinasabi dun sa allnurses.com sa totoong nangyayari.

tama ka, with supervision pa din ng RN ang LPN... Pero hindi na profession ang prioridad ngayon, sweldo na at ang makapunta sa US or Canada... Hindi man natin aminin pero yun talaga tinutumbok diba?

Ganito lang yan. I'f i'm an employer, why would i hire 15 RN's if i can take 5 RN's to supervised the 10 LPN's..... Balanced ang Pasweldo

Diyan threatened ang PNA and allnurses.com dahil nakukuha na ng LPN ang trabaho na sa tingin nila dapat sa kanila lang...

Wala talagang makukuhang trabaho ang LPN dito sa pilipinas dahil ultimong kapwa pilipino dine-discriminate ang propesyon na yan

Buti na lang may NCLEX-PN

para lalong ma enlighten... contact KRC (Kennedy Review Center) 8825557

Sa Nursing Facility:

LVN/LPN = RN (in terms of job description but not salary + benefits), though they can't do specialized functions such as IV push, etc.

Hospitals:

RN >>>> LVN/LPN (job description, salary, benefits).

Some of the hospitals here hire LVN as an alternative due to shortage of RNs.
  • registrantregistrant Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    can't see much school offering PN, anyone know of a better school than ama?
  • dikonaalamdikonaalam the prince of nursing PExer
    hi registrant

didn't you say your primary goal is to work in the Philippines? if that is still the case, I would discourage you from taking PN courses coz we don't have PN's in the Philippines, thus, very little (if none) job opportunity for you. And your likely job, if there is, will probably similar to that of a nursing assistant/aide.

Now, if you want to go abroad, I believe this PN course that some money-making nursing schools are offering will not be credited towards eligibility for registration as a practical nurse. You might end up being a caregiver (if there's an opportunity).

Good Luck.
  • limahllimahl Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    practical lang kunin yung PN course if your living in USA already,pero kong nasa pinas kayu,di *** makakapunta ng USA kong kukuha kayu ng course ng PN in Manila at walang Nclex-PN exam sa pinas.i passed my Nclex-Pn last year,but im an rn sa pinas,i already took the nclex-rn several times, but im not that lucky cause i work 6 days a week no time for review at all or im just plain being lazy mofo Lol,anyway im not that in a hurry to pass it, the pay is good actually if your always doing overtime your rate will be like $40 or $41 an hour.our work is the same with RN without the IVF but thats only on books, i do IVF on floors or IV insertion,if you *** to work on skilled nursing facilities you have to be very good with multi-tasking..plan to take Nclex-RN again before the year is over.wish me luck..

greetz
    limahl;)
    actually LPN's (okay California LVN's) can do Intravenous Therapy. You just have to take the IVT course, which is like a week of training.
    someone pm me regarding practical nursing school that is offered in sti or ama.from the description below its more of a caregiver course than an lpn or cna.lpn courses can only be taken in US not in pinas and you have to pass the Nclex-Pn exam in which state you want to work and is a bit easier than Nclex-Rn exam.Hospital here in Us dont hire LPN or LVN limited lang sila sa nursing homes lang or maybe a visiting lpn.di rin practical LPN course jan sa pinas kasi over supply na mga Rn jan.the school that offered those courses are misleading

The PRACTICAL NURSING (HEALTH CARE SERVICES) NC II Qualification consists of competencies that a person must achieve to prepare and maintain beds, collect and maintain linen stocks at end-user locations, assist with patient mobility, assist in transporting patients, assist with bio-psychosocial support care of patients and handle waste in a health care environment.

Competencies

Participate in workplace communication
    Work in a team environment
    Practice career professionalism
    Practice occupational health and safety procedures
    Implement and monitor infection control policies and procedures
    Respond effectively to difficulty/challenging behavior
    Apply basic first aid
    Maintain high standard of client’s services
    Prepare and maintain beds
    Collect and maintain linen stocks at end-users location
    Assist in client’s mobility
    Assist in bio-psychosocial support care of client
    Handle waste in health care environment
    Provide care and support to infant/toddlers
    Provide care and support to children
    Foster social, intellectual, creative, and emotional development of children
    Foster the physical development of children
    Provide care and support to elderly
    Provide care and support to people with special needs
    Maintain healthy and safe environment
    Respond to emergency
    Clean living room, dining room, bedrooms, toilet and bathroom
    Wash and iron clothes, linen and fabric
    Prepare hot and cold meats
    shox920 wrote: »
    I have a friend graduate ng PN sa st. augustine, nag rereview siya now for nclex-pn tapos mag take din daw siya i-elts kase requirement daw yon sa isang hospital sa Washington DC....

na scam lang yung friend mo o nag sisinungaling siya
    it's basically a caregiver course. and these subject areas were actually covered during our 1st semester of Primary Health Care in nursing school. So if someone decides to take this PN course, just be sure it's TESDA accredited so you can work as a caregiver abroad (and not to extinguish your hopes, but do not expect that this PN course will be credited towards the real PN)

and as for immigration, I know for sure that per US law, LPN/LVN's are not eligible for work visa sponsorship. And in Canada and Australia, even RN's are having some problems regarding eligibility for registration because of the length of our studies (from primary to college), so how can a much shorter program be eligible?!
  • tandang sora 2tandang sora 2 Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    riAbaby wrote: »
    i am a practical nurse here in the us and as far as my experience being one, konti lang ang pinagkaiba ng rn. we actually do the same job and we have the same responsibilities. meron din kaming license that we have to protect and saying it is not considered a professional education is simply wrong. we took a board exam too for crying out loud. it's not just a certification or a diploma. we may not be regarded as with a level as high ng rn pero ang lamang lang nila is they can hang antibiotics, do a thorough assessment and iba pa na nasa scope of practice nila. LVN's or LPN's actually call and talk to MD's, pass meds, take orders from MD's and carries them out, hang IV's for hydration, do blood work, check blood sugars and administer insulins, get specimen samples and follow-up labs, assess patients, give vaccines/ shots, do wound care, insert foleys and nasogastric tubes and also chart and do paperworks. i can actually insert a gt feeding na na-dislodged pero of course with doctor's order using a gtube or foley catheter (as an example). sa nursing homes kasi, MD's visit once a month lang and everything is actually ran by the LVN's and other supervisors. mas kilala namin ang pasyente kesa kilala sila ng doctor. sometimes kami pa ang tinatanong and nagsa-suggest sa MD kung ano ang tama para sa pasyente.
    we may not be earning as much as they do but we earn a decent living. the RN program is only two years dito (because of the pre-requisites that you have to take) and the LVN program is one year. bugbog ako sa clinical training and academics since you have to learn nursing skills in one year. and believe me, it is not very easy.

it's true that LVN's are usually hired in nursing homes instead of hospitals. nursing homes are somewhat the territory of LVN's and hospitals are for RN's. but as far as my experience takes me, mas skillful ang LVN's compared sa RN's (no offense meant). more on paperworks sila at yan din ang sabi ng mga kilala ko na RN's. supervisor ko nga RN na for years di man lang marunong magtrabaho sa floor. i have 30 patients that i have to take care of in one day and hindi biro if 2 or 3 of them suddenly gets sick or crashes. imagine doing cpr dahil full code sila.

if you plan on taking it as a course, i do encourage you. of course di naman forever na LVN ka, syempre you have to aim for something higher ( like being an RN, a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant..pwede ring Physician kung kaya diba). i just want to say that for you to be able to have a better career, you have to start from somewhere.

you failed to mention na laking sakit ng ulo kayo para sa mga RN sa acute hospitals. lahat ng pagkakamali eh lisensya ng mga RN ang mananagot. stay in the nursing homes or just do home health please!
    with all due respect, tandang sora 2, but if it was your experience that LPN's are just sakit ng ulo for RN's, it's not what others are feeling. In the hospital where I'm currently working, I could easily award an RN license to 3 LPN, if only I could. We have to acknowledge the fact that LPN's are important to the whole health care delivery. Maybe, just maybe, you can say such things because you haven't experienced working in rural America where we lack the health care worker that we need.

When I first came here and worked as an RN in LTC, an LPN orientated me. And in my current job in Acute Care / ED, 2 LPN's helped me during orientation to become familiar with hospital-based practice. They taught me how to do better in IV's, and things that I should do if certain case comes in the ER.

I respect your opinion, and so I'm just stating mine.
  • ivoryfaye11ivoryfaye11 Member PExer
    ngek. d naman. LVN ako dito sa Cali.

minsan mas gusto ng mga nursing homes mag hire ng LVN/LPN kesa sa RN kasi kaya naman gawin ng LVN ang gngawa ng mga RN tapos mas maliit pa suweldo ng LVN. So nakaka tipid sila.. Pero sa hospitals, talagang BSN ang gusto. Not even RN na associates..
  • ivoryfaye11ivoryfaye11 Member PExer
    Anyways...

Kung LVN grad ako dito sa Cali, tapos gusto ko ituloy mag aral sa pinas *** mgng BSN ako...puwede po kaya yun?

Or uulit/babalik ako ng 1st yr sa pinas? :(
  • akona_1989akona_1989 Member PExer
    Hi guys! Baka may kakilala kayo na nursing student na nangangailangan ng 2nd hand books. Kesa naman bumili ng bago, mas maganda na to kasi mura na at in good condition pa naman. Hindi na kasi nagagamit at baka mabaha lang dito sa amin (san mateo). Thank you!

1. Public Health Nursing by Frances Cuevas
    2. Handbook of Common communicable and Infectious Diseases (3rd edition) by Dionesia Navales
    3. Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing (11th edition) by Brunner and Suddarth 'VOLUME 2 ONLY'
    4. Gerontological Nursing (2nd edition) by Kristen L. Mauk
    5. Nursing Care of Infants and Children (8th edition) by Wong
    6. Maternal and Childhealth Nursing (5th edition) by Pillitteri
    7. Fundamentals of Nursing (8th edition) by Kozier

Eto ang sulit.com link para sa price list at contact number:
    http://sulit.com.ph/6282717
  • timjntimjn Member PExer
    My mother, Della Lundquist, was a resident of the Care Center ( https://threelinks.org/assisted-living/ ) from 1/15 until 9/16, and she loved it there. . There were activities going on every single day, the food was good and the staff was so caring and dedicated. They kept us informed of any changes in her or her routine. We felt like the Three Links staff was part of our family, and we knew she was being well-taken care of! It was a wonderful place for her to spend the last of her 105 years.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file