COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Do most Filipinos hate Indians??

According to the BBC world poll, filipinos dislike indians.
honestly, growing up , i love bollywood and their music and history. pero , mga indian people, i don't like them.
here are some reactions of indians to the poll:

"Philippines doesn’t surprise me - There is a perception about Filipinos that they are a wannabe western country and that ‘Indians’ aren’t just cool enough for them."

"Phillipines i am not surprised at all by. i have been there and every other person after learning i was from india wanted to challenge was my idoltorous hindu religion. i dont know the root of neurosis created about changing other peoples view almost as bad as a couple of kids in highschool who tried that with me, but here every 3rd person was doing that. "

Comments

• flimmeryrose741flimmeryrose741 Banned by Admin PExer
    I know the Filipinos hate us, but do we need to be incorporating derogatory puns into our posts now? FLIP: Funny Lil Island Person. Haha; I hadn't even noticed it until I showed this to my Filipino friend Los, who took umbrage. I'm sure it was unintentional racism.
  • cashwriterscashwriters EntrePinoy PExer
    That's an interesting poll. Indians, like Chinese, have a long history of being "middlemen minorities" here in the Philippines. Perhaps, Pinoy misunderstandings regarding the important economic roles Indians play lends to this bad perception.

Like I always post in threads regarding Tsinoys--economic investment and activity are to be welcomed. We need more Chinese and Indians not less. If the "native" Pinoy middle class has historically left (since the 60s), we need to replenish their numbers with Korean, Chinese, Indian and whoever else would want to invest in our economy.
  • adonis827adonis827 Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    hindi naman
  • veco_notebookveco_notebook wala lang... PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    hate is such a strong word naman. i dont think filipinos hate indians, we only find you different...
  • hyperFocusedhyperFocused be aware PExer
    We don't hate you. From my own experiece, I find Indians really different, like I don't know anything about them. Maybe that's why they mistake our actions to them. I know a lot of people who are like that too. We act differently from people that are different from us. Maybe If we just get more familiar with Indian culture, everything will be alright.
  • lilsuelilsue Member PExer
    as for me, hats off to hindus cause most if not all are math genuises!
  • veco_notebookveco_notebook wala lang... PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    let's include.. taj majal, ramayana and chess! =)

and all those gorgeous bollywood divas and stars! i love the kumars! =)

and I also like to thank indians for this film.. Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham... :naughty: :bashful: :) :rotflmao:
  • lilsuelilsue Member PExer
    ^yeah, they have the most if not all gorgeous female celebrities
  • pro_temporepro_tempore nakikipaglibang PExer
    i think filipinos generally have a flippant attitude toward people from different cultures. this leads foreigners to think we dislike them, or are making fun of them, when it's only our way of making sure new people are determined to fit in.

even if you're conventionally tagalog, say, and you find yourself in rural parts of visayas, certain aspects of your appearance or culture will be poked fun at. if you're the visitor, how your host culture accepts you depends on your willingness to understand and adapt to that culture.

to be more specific: no, i don't believe we hate indians. we accept them openly as investors, and even work quite well with them on the BPO front i believe... barring professional jealousy from both sides of course.
  • closingcyclesclosingcycles Member PExer
    hate...such a strong word. hindi naman hate pero cguro most filipinos have misconceptions about indians.
  • baklitabaklita taas kilay PExer

di ata pwede maging driver sa bus, dyip o taksi ang mga indian.
    ksi ang lakas ng putok. talong-talo ang tawas sa anghit nila.

galit ako sa isang baklita... di sumipot... inindian ako noh!

aihihihi!!! :)

baklita

• Ice BurnIce Burn Conflicting Karma PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I worked with Indians from our IT side. I even had an Indian partner back in grad school doing the backend programming for me. I have no problems with Indians. It's just really hard to pronounce their names sometimes. :lol: The ones I really have a problem with are those with bad odor.

But then again, I have a problem with people with bad odor whatever country they are from.
  • orangepinkorangepink orange != pink PExer
    I don't hate Indians. Minsan mayayabang lang dating nila so that stops me from befriending them.
  • flimmeryrose741flimmeryrose741 Banned by Admin PExer
    hahhaa. guys hindi po ako indian, pure filipino po ako. I forgot to put quotation marks... pero those are just comments from people..

Anyway sa totoo lang , gusto ko yung indian culture. Pero apart of me thinks mayayabang ang mga indians because i have an indian classmate, he was here for like only a year, tapos he always say na maganda yung india and that their education is much harder, dito daw sa US is just a piece of cake, eh paano.. nasa regular subjects siya.. he has no right to say that kasi he did not take IB classes..

Anyway sabi niya "indians are the most educated people in the world", tapos another thing that makes me angry is how he belittles philippines. One day he even ask me "How come most filipinos are short?. Tapos wala akong masabi kasi sa school namin, most filipino girls are really short, i'm only 5'2, and the other girl was like 4'10. I just hate the indian attitude.
  • ayaneayane Member PExer
    personally, i don't hate them.

my crush for 3 years (my former love of my life) was an indian. the damn guy has a weird name that until now, i can't pronounce.

... but he's sweet, kind, gentle, approachable, friendly, cute... :love: ayan tuloy, naalala ko siya! :bashful: he's actually the one who approached me and befriended me... :bashful:
  • baklitabaklita taas kilay PExer
    tapos he always say na maganda yung india and that their education is much harder, dito daw sa US is just a piece of cake...

Anyway sabi niya "indians are the most educated people in the world", tapos another thing that makes me angry is how he belittles philippines. One day he even ask me "How come most filipinos are short?. Tapos wala akong masabi kasi sa school namin, most filipino girls are really short, i'm only 5'2, and the other girl was like 4'10. I just hate the indian attitude.

isang mayabang na indian pla angyong nakilala. tanungin mo sa kanya bakit nakakasuka ang amoy ng indian. bakit sinasanto ang baka kahit ebak ng ebak sa kalsada? bakit grabe ang putok nila? di ba sila nahihilo sa sarili nilang amoy? naintindihan kya nila ang ibig sabihin ng personal hygiene? bakit ang mga matatabang babae nagpapakita ng bilbil eh alog ng alog noh! ang sagwa. bakit sa india kumakain sila ng daga? gross!

basta may indian sa kapaligiran... tinatakpan ko ilong ko. natatawa ang nakakakita sakin.

aihihihi!!! :)

baklita

• shonenshonen knife PExer
    iba iba ang indians. meron mabait, mayabang at racist. may mga friends ako na indians (former officemates). yung mga taga bombay o mumbai cool sila pero yung mga taga kerala mababait din pero may ibang sobrang taas at feeling nila sila ang pinakamatalinong tao sa mundo.

yung isa amo ko, pag inuutusan ako pumapadyak pa sa sahig at minsan hinahampas pa kamay ko kasi di makapaghintay. yun naman isa amo ko sobrang lait ginagawa sa mga pinoy at sakin. racista. pero gumanti ang panahon napagkamalan syang terorista sa banko hehe. meron din naman ako isa pa friend sya lahat nagbigay sakin ng spirituality, bollywoodness, hinduism, ganesh etc.

da best ang food nila!! sweet lasi anyone?
  • CANARD2.0CANARD2.0 Member PExer
    it depends because there are also indian people who are nice. the sad part is, the "nice" people are outweighed by the "@ssholes" by 100.

ive had the displeasure of working and studying with indians, being in singapore. isa lang talaga masasabi ko, and no offense to my friends who often even attest that most of their race are @ssholes... POOOOOTANGINA MALIGO KAYO!!!
  • shonenshonen knife PExer
    ngapala, madami nanligaw sakin indians :lol: kung ginusto ko magkaron ng bf kaya lang ayaw ko, cute nga eh. kung naging gf nya ako, babaguhin ko style nya from haircut to clothes & music. di ko na sya pagsusuutin ng long sleeves na may ballpen lagi.. una ko ipaparinig sa kanyang song yun brimful of asha.
  • heymikeyheymikey SCAN THIS... PExer
    I don't think filipinos hate indians per se. We are just equal opportunity racists (well, except towards whites who we worship).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file