what has global warming to do with the atrocities american troops are carrying out in Iraq?
So what it boils down to is, if you disagree with me, you will get your A S S kicked.
Argumentum ad baculum
Hello! Mr. Al Gore, are you ok ? Meet one of your legionaire, Mr/Ms*. Stiff !
Hey Ann Coulter, insult any 9/11 Widows lately?
Hey Bill O'Reilly, insult any World War II Veterans Lately?
Whatever happened to well thought out discourse?Funny thing about Al Gore, he was right about Iraq and he was right about the environment. He spoke out about these things when doing so was unpopular. Maybe that's why so many people cant stand him, he was right.
Finally hit the mark that you are nothing but another environmentalist wackoo, with a very liberal agenda. No wonder you're up in arms against the swiftboat because your phony war hero John Kerry's war exploit were debunked as farce, in common words "fake as a three dollar bill".Swift Vets and POWs for Truth home pageSenator John Kerry has made his 4-month combat tour in Vietnam the centerpiece of his bid for the Presidency. His campaign jets a handful of veterans around the country, and trots them out at public appearances to sing his praises. John Kerry wants us to believe that these men represent all those he calls his "band of brothers."But most combat veterans who served with John Kerry in Vietnam see him in a very different light.
Swift Vets and POWs for Truth has been formed to counter the false "war crimes" charges John Kerry repeatedly made against Vietnam veterans who served in our units and elsewhere, and to accurately portray Kerry's brief tour in Vietnam as a junior grade Lieutenant. We speak from personal experience -- our group includes men who served beside Kerry in combat as well as his commanders. Though we come from different backgrounds and hold varying political opinions, we agree on one thing: John Kerry misrepresented his record and ours in Vietnam and therefore exhibits serious flaws in character and lacks the potential to lead.
We regret the need to do this. Most Swift boat veterans would like nothing better than to support one of our own for America's highest office, regardless of whether he was running as a Democrat or a Republican. However, Kerry's phony war crimes charges, his exaggerated claims about his own service in Vietnam, and his deliberate misrepresentation of the nature and effectiveness of Swift boat operations compel us to step forward.
For more than thirty years, most Vietnam veterans kept silent as we were maligned as misfits, drug addicts, and baby killers. Now that a key creator of that poisonous image is seeking the Presidency we have resolved to end our silence.
The time has come to set the record straight.
Subject: Military Rules for the Non-Military Personnel
Dear Civilians, We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation have many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military. For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas we would like your assistance:
1) The next time you see an adult talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem ... kick their ***.
2) When you witness firsthand someone burning the American Flag in protest... kick their ***.
3) Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these Veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these Veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a Disabled Veteran kicks their ***.
4) (GUYS) If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDU's), telling others that you used to be "Special Forces," and collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay if you were still seven. Now, it will only make you look stupid and get your *** kicked.
5) Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them, "Do you fly a jet?" Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an *** kicking (children are exempt).
6) If you witness someone calling the U.S. Coast Guard non military, inform them of their mistake...and kick their ***.
7) Roseanne Barr's singing of the National Anthem is not a blooper...it was a disgrace and disrespectful. Laugh, and sooner or later your *** will be kicked.
8) Next time Old Glory (U.S. flag) prances by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her...of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe *** kicking.
9) What Jane Fonda did during the Vietnam War makes her the enemy. The proper word to describe her is "traitor." Just mention her nomination for "Woman of the Year" and get your *** kicked.
10) Don't try to discuss politics with a military member or a veteran. We are Americans and we all bleed the same regardless of our party affiliation. Our Chain of Command, is to include our commander in Chief. The President (for those who didn't know) is our CIC regardless of political party. We have no inside track on what happens inside those big important buildings where all those representatives" meet. All we know is that when those civilian representatives screw up the situation, they call upon the military to go straighten it out. The military member might direct you to Oliver North. (I can see him kicking your *** already.)
11) "Your mama wears combat boots" never made sense to me ... stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and probably kick your ***!
12) Bin Laden and the Taliban are not communists, so stop saying "Let's go kill those Commie's!!!" And stop asking us where he is!!!! Crystal balls are not standard issue in the military. That reminds me ... if you see anyone calling those damn psychic phone numbers; let me know, so I can go kick their ***.
13) Flyboy (Air Force), Jar Head (Marines), Grunt (Army), Squid (Navy) etc, are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. Could get your *** kicked.
14) Last but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends please remember that there are, literally, thousands of sailors and troops far from home wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our country would get its *** kicked.
"It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."
~Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
In the meantime, this thread is losing focus. So, how about that massacre? My questions have not been answered by the right wing types on this thread. Do the rights of Iraqi's matter less than the rights of American Soldiers? Is this any way to win the Hearts and Minds of the Iraqi People?
Before rushing to judgement, maybe you should look at all the posts I've been putting up over the past four years. I've been posting on LAFI extensively.
I loathe George W. Bush, **** Cheney, Karl Rove and the rest of the NeoCON Irk, no secret there. I admire Al Gore and Wesley Clark and no one else on the Democrat Side. I respect John McCain, Chuck Hegel and Rudy Giuliani. I have no problem if any of these Gents were to become President of the United States.
Swiftboating is what happened to McCain in 2000, Murtha this year. It is a Karl Rove tactic to cast foundless aspersions. Nothing more than character Assasination and Mudslinging. I've already debunked your sources on this. Try something more credible.
One final word on this, so much is made in this post about desecration of the Flag, of the Anthem of the United States. They are symbols, only symbols. Of far greater import is what happens when you dessecrate the ideas and values for which these symbols stand. That is what is alleged to have happened in Haditha.
To a liberal like you, it is a symbol, to me it's part of my life. I'm served, earned what I worked hard for and I'm willing to stake my life for it so someone like you (liberals) can enjoyed it too. Here you go again pre-judging with what happen in Haditha. "Alleged " kuno.
Perhaps this will be a better response to your loathing against GW,
you debunk what? You been hanging around in the liberal marijuana clinic too much.We should honor the Swift Boat Veterans for the courageous, brave, and unselfish act of exposing this disreputable man Kerry.
I am amazed that John Kerry was ever permitted to become a senator. That is unless he had the liberal Mass. politicians helping him hide his records. It seem to me it is time he was removed from his senate seat on grounds he has misrepresented his credentials when he ran for office
Kerry has damaged this nation and the people of this nation.
Kerry should be brought before a criminal and civil court for his conduct.
In philosophy, the term logical fallacy properly refers to a formal fallacy: a flaw in the structure of a deductive argument which renders the argument invalid.
Argumentum ad baculum (Latin: argument to the cudgel or appeal to the stick), also known as appeal to force, is an argument where force, coercion, or the threat of force, is given as a justification for a conclusion. One participates in this type of argument when one points out the dire consequences of holding a contrary position.
An ad hominem argument, also known as argumentum ad hominem (Latin, literally "argument against the person") or attacking the messenger, involves replying to an argument or assertion by attacking the person presenting the argument or assertion rather than the argument itself.
Your military service don't mean crap to me. Cleaning toilets for officers and emptying their trash cans dont protect my freedom.
Stop wrapping yourself in your American flag. You make it look dirty with your ignorance and fascistic mentality.
Go and have some American toss salad pathetic brown monkey.
Lifers like you does the military a dis-service by hanging on for 20 years but don't do anything but cover your own [email protected]
Then going out and saying you served. The military served you not the other way around. Pathetic lifers.
You are so proud to serve your country, you don't even like African-Americans. You dont think they deserved help from the US govt in Louisiana after Katrina. You hateful racist SOB. You think you are a glorious war hero. Think again.
You know what Pusaichi said after he found out that the majority of people trapped in N.O. in the wake of Katrina were African-Americans?
He said blacks in America expect hand outs. HAND OUTS? All they needed was to be rescued by the govt from the flooding and this self described war hero and America lover doesnt want to help victims of Katrina because of their skin color.
Some American war hero. A disgusting racist.