Home PEx International Entertainment International Movies

"Speed" duo reunited in "The Lake House"

just read this
Speed" stars Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves are reteaming again for the first time in a decade with both having signed on to star in "Il Mare" for Warner Bros. Pictures says The Hollywood Reporter.

A remake of the Korean feature "Siworae," the romantic drama follows a lonely doctor (Bullock) and a frustrated architect (Reeves) who live in the same house two years apart and fall in love via letters they exchange through a mailbox that mysteriously bridges time.

Based on a screenplay by Pulitzer-winning playwright David Auburn ("Proof"), "Il Mare" will be directed by Argentinean helmer Alejandro Agresti ("Valentin"). Production is set to begin in March in Chicago and will be released worldwide by Warner Bros. Reeves will be seen in the upcoming "Constantine," and Bullock in "Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous".

what do you guys think? i just recently saw Il Mare and while i didn't think it was a great movie, i thought it had a great concept and premise but the execution was a little too melodramatic and messy...this is one movie i think will be better when "Hollywood-ized" but i just can't see Sandra and Keanu in the roles...aren't they a little too old? plus the last time Keanu made a movie like this, we got Sweet November (a movie which a lot of Pinoys loved, but i personally hate)...what do you guys think?

if i had my choice, i'd cast someone like Natalie Portman and Jake Gyllenhaal maybe

Rate This Movie! 36 votes

:D :D :D :D :D [b]Da Bomb![/b]
47% 17 votes
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: [b]Aprub[/b]
19% 7 votes
:) :) :) [b]Okay Lang[/b]
30% 11 votes
:bigyawn: :bigyawn: [b]Di Ko Type[/b]
2% 1 vote
:ayaw: [b]Ayaw Talaga![/b]
0% 0 votes

Comments

• i just saw il mare last week. its a nice movie. very touching.

story: At the end of 1999, Eun Joo (Jun Ji Hyeon) moves out of her beach-front home named "Il Mare." Before leaving, however, Eun Joo leaves a Christmas card in the mailbox, with a message requesting whoever moves in after her to forward any mail of hers to her new address in the city. Meanwhile, exactly two years earlier, Il Mare's first owner, architect Sung Hyun (Lee Jeong Jae), receives Eun Joo's card. Thinking it was a joke, Sung Hyun writes back to Eun Joo and asks her not to tamper with his mailbox anymore, while pointing out that the current year is 1997 and not 1999 as dated in her card.

Intrigued by the incident, Eun Joo and Sung Hyun begin to correspond to each other more frequently. They soon become friends and their affection grows over time. The two eventually agree to meet in person, but it proves to be an uneasy task given their separate time periods. From Eun Joo's world, the meeting is only one week away, but for Sung Hyun, he must wait two years to meet the love of his life. Will these two lovestruck pen pals meet?

i hope that the hollywood version would be as good as the korean version. napapadami ang mga ginagawan ng hollywood version na asian films ha. pansin ko lang.
  • Ever since I saw them in Speed, I've always wanted to see them together again on screen, they make a cute couple. Glad to know they'll be back. I've read somewhere that they sometimes hang around together in parties, but just as friends.
  • moonshinemoonshine PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    parang di gaanong bagay sina Bullock and Reeves sa Il Mare... parang kulang sa "softness"/vulnerability si Sandra Bullock like what the part calls for...si Keanu baka pumuwede pa...
  • PandaemonaeonPandaemonaeon Moderator PEx Moderator
    The general consensus is that the movie's going to suck with the tandem of Bullock and Keanu... but it's not like Jun Ji-hyun hawt.gif and Lee Jung-jae are good actors to begin with.

sheep.jpg
  • sana iba na lang yung mga actors
    sobrang gusto ko yung movie at kung gagawin nilang typical hollywood-movie... mas lalo akong malulungkot
  • I like the story, I like the premise. It sort of reminds me of the Griffin and Sabine trilogy (I never got around to reading the next trilogy).
  • okay naman sila Sandra & Keanu sa roles! well its just my opinion! sana ayusin nila ang pagkakagawa coz i really like the movie! :)
  • nice :bungi: pero iba parin dating kapag korean...i mean...yung ORIG! :glee:
  • avonleaavonlea PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    bakit hindi na lang kasi si Jeon Ji Hyun at..... Keanu Reeves :D
  • im hoping that this will be better than the original (at least in my book)...i hope they stray away from all the sappy scenes and make it more comedic and lighter, i have a feeling though that they'll play around with the "twist" in the end of the movie
  • this would be interesting to see...will they pull itoff kaya? I haven't seen the korean version but it sounds very romantic...i can't wait to watch it, if only for the interesting plot....and who knows? keanu might have learned to act by now! :) though I must say he really looks handsome. :)
  • homeBuddy wrote:
    im hoping that this will be better than the original (at least in my book)...i hope they stray away from all the sappy scenes and make it more comedic and lighter, i have a feeling though that they'll play around with the "twist" in the end of the movie

I think that's what they'll do (make it comedic and lighter) because that's what Sandra does best. The audience loves her in those kinds of roles.
  • avonlea wrote:

oo nga...magaling naman mag-english si jeon ji-hyun e. :bungi: sana sha nalang..

antanda na ni sandra bullock *peace*
  • avonlea wrote:

:lol:

Keanu was my first HUGE actor crush and I still :heartpump: him, but that doesn't necessarily mean I don't think his acting sucks, or that most of his movies suck. He's yummy eye candy, and normally I wouldn't mind a Keanu+Sandy reunion because they had nice chemistry in "Speed," plus in the right movie, like "While You Were Sleeping," Sandra Bullock can be really likable and charming, but the thing is...I love "Il Mare." In the love story genre, it's one of my favorites. The premise is great, the cinematography was amazing, and I liked the lines. Unlike homeBuddy, I don't want them to turn it into some Bullock rom-com; I liked the melancholic atmosphere, the sense that these were 2 damaged characters.

Sigh, I just hope they don't screw it up.
  • rian_atddrian_atdd PEx Rookie ⭐
    I liked the film because of its being sappy and melodramatic...plus the cinematography and the background music! Haayyy....basta sana super romantic pa rin ang gawin nila and not the usual Hollywood romantic movies.
  • parang di bagay kay keanu reeves yung role...sana di nila murder-in yung movie :(
  • avonleaavonlea PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    eto pa....

Reeves and Bullock to Star in an English-language Remake of a Korean Film

Hollywood stars Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock are teaming up again for an English-language remake of a Korean love story film "Siworae," marking their first reunion since the 1994 blockbuster, "Speed."
    The English title of the movie will be called either "Il Mare" or "The Lake House."

Reeves will play the main character, a young man who moves to a lakeside house and starts communicating by mail with a woman living in the future. The remake will be filmed in Chicago from mid-March and will be released in early 2006.

Arirang TV
  • color_s_Kaboinkcolor_s_Kaboink PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    potek sana si jeon ji hyun na lang
  • il mare is that one korean movie right?

SPEED!
  • can anyone help me where i can get a copy of il mare? kahit yung place na mabibilhan lang siya. thanks.