Home PEx Campus Colegio de San Juan de Letran

Colegio de San Juan de Letran School of Law

Letran has so many pre-law courses like political science, education, psychology communication arts, accountancy etc. Should Letran build a Law School which is kinda in demand right now?

Letranista, usap tayo
Arriba Letranista!

Comments

• sna nga. pra hnd na ako maghanap pa pagkagraduate ko.
  • onthebluecorneronthebluecorner PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    yeah, but it will take time, too much sacrifice, and long process before it manifests. Moreover, Letran is more of a business and media arts school.
  • ^oo nga. pag ngka-law bka sobrang konti lng mgenrol sa CSJL "law skul"
    kasi nga bago eh...kailangan ma-establish pa.
  • ^oo nga. pag ngka-law bka sobrang konti lng mgenrol sa CSJL "law skul"

hayaan nyo na lang sa UST ung law school. diba most of letran grad sa UST nag law.
    ^I beg to disagree. Most Letranites who want to pursue law enroll almost equally among UP Law, UST Law and Ateneo Law schools. Some went to the current archrival Beda.
  • ^I beg to disagree. Most Letranites who want to pursue law enroll almost equally among UP Law, UST Law and Ateneo Law schools. Some went to the current archrival Beda.

At isa na ako dun, 2nd year na ako sa San Beda Law Manila hehe.

Letran Polsci graduate ako, nung panahon ko buhay pa yung LSJP (Letran Society For Junior Parliamentarians), ang #1, pinakasikat at prestigious na org sa Letran since its establishment back in the mid 90s UNTIL na corrupt yung 200,000+ pondo gawa sa grad ball, there were only two suspects, a teacher and a student, only one committed the crime but during the "trial" we never found out, that happened back in 2001 when I was still a freshman.

Btw, FYI, most Letran Polsci graduates from 1995-2001 pursued law in UP Law, Ateneo Law, UST Law and San Beda Law.

Pag graduate niyo, malalaman niyo na walang kwenta yung polsci course (tinetrain ka pa naman maging isang diplomat sa curriculum ng Letran Polsci since I was in the old curriculum). Kung alam ko lang, dapat nag English Major na lang ako or Legal Management, since that's the best pre-law course, ok din ang accounting para CPA lawyer ka when you get your LLB or juris doctor.

In case you do not know, a legislation was passed before which forbids the creation of any law school in the philippines by any school. That is why walang DLSU law kahit matagal ng pangarap ng Lasalle magkaroon that's why there's DLSU-FEU Law which gives you an MBA Juris doctor degree after 5 years.

"diba most of letran grad sa UST nag law." <---btw, yung mga magaapply sa UST law, don't think na since Dominican ka galing, kukuhanin ka nila. You still have to make grades in college better than average and perform well in the entrance exam.
  • Myst wrote: »
    At isa na ako dun, 2nd year na ako sa San Beda Law Manila hehe.

Letran Polsci graduate ako, nung panahon ko buhay pa yung LSJP (Letran Society For Junior Parliamentarians), ang #1, pinakasikat at prestigious na org sa Letran since its establishment back in the mid 90s UNTIL na corrupt yung 200,000+ pondo gawa sa grad ball, there were only two suspects, a teacher and a student, only one committed the crime but during the "trial" we never found out, that happened back in 2001 when I was still a freshman.

Btw, FYI, most Letran Polsci graduates from 1995-2001 pursued law in UP Law, Ateneo Law, UST Law and San Beda Law.

Pag graduate niyo, malalaman niyo na walang kwenta yung polsci course (tinetrain ka pa naman maging isang diplomat sa curriculum ng Letran Polsci since I was in the old curriculum). Kung alam ko lang, dapat nag English Major na lang ako or Legal Management, since that's the best pre-law course, ok din ang accounting para CPA lawyer ka when you get your LLB or juris doctor.

In case you do not know, a legislation was passed before which forbids the creation of any law school in the philippines by any school. That is why walang DLSU law kahit matagal ng pangarap ng Lasalle magkaroon that's why there's DLSU-FEU Law which gives you an MBA Juris doctor degree after 5 years.

"diba most of letran grad sa UST nag law." <---btw, yung mga magaapply sa UST law, don't think na since Dominican ka galing, kukuhanin ka nila. You still have to make grades in college better than average and perform well in the entrance exam.

i agree with it...medyo walang kwenta ung pagiging polsci grad mo. but one thing that helped me is ung mga mahahabang readings na naging panlaban mo ngayon sa law (although marami talagang readings sa law school).

CSJL Law School...why not??i think it is student's choice kung san sila gus2 magaral. yup, may UP LAW, ATENEO LAW, BEDA LAW, UST LAW, but i think LETRAN LAW can level with this institutions if ever it will be established.
  • i agree with it...medyo walang kwenta ung pagiging polsci grad mo. but one thing that helped me is ung mga mahahabang readings na naging panlaban mo ngayon sa law (although marami talagang readings sa law school).

CSJL Law School...why not??i think it is student's choice kung san sila gus2 magaral. yup, may UP LAW, ATENEO LAW, BEDA LAW, UST LAW, but i think LETRAN LAW can level with this institutions if ever it will be established.

in such a way we could attract Letranites to strive for more...
    then i hope Letran will focus on quality not with the quantity.
  • Onward to Letran Law School !

ok lang konte ang mag take up ng Law sa Letran if ever may course na ganun. basta kelangan laging 100% ang passing rate sa bar exam. hindi kelangan ang madaming students na pumasok. aanhin mo ang quantity kung bulok ang quality.
    let the others do the talking but let letran do his own thing.

Sulong Letran Law School !!!!
  • lahat nagsisimula sa una, kung magkakaroon man ng Letran Law, baka matalo pa natin sila.

lets continue what our beloved Letran Alumni have done.

ARRIBA LETRANISTA!
  • ^I beg to disagree. Most Letranites who want to pursue law enroll almost equally among UP Law, UST Law and Ateneo Law schools. Some went to the current archrival Beda.

i dont think there was even a single letranite who passed the UP LAE.70% of UP law students came from the UP system (diliman, manila and LB) 20% came from Ateneo pre-law program. the remaing 10% came from DLSU and UST pre law program. In my batch (class) 23 came from UP system (mostly from manila and diliman) 6 came from ateneo(4 of them came from their legal management program) 3 came from UST and 1 came from DLSU.
  • justin06 wrote: »
    i dont think there was even a single letranite who passed the UP LAE.70% of UP law students came from the UP system (diliman, manila and LB) 20% came from Ateneo pre-law program. the remaing 10% came from DLSU and UST pre law program. In my batch (class) 23 came from UP system (mostly from manila and diliman) 6 came from ateneo(4 of them came from their legal management program) 3 came from UST and 1 came from DLSU.

facts pls.

I beg to disagree cos some polsci letranites back in the late 90s enrolled in UP Law.

Maybe you're talking about the 2006 bath only.
    justin06, do you have any evidence to prove your rantings?!

tsk,tsk...another insecure human being!

talaga lang ha?:naughty:
    O nasaan na si justin06, naghahanap siguro ng facts to prove his claim. hahaha...dito ba naman sya naglagay ng walang kwenta nyang post.
  • Guys, give justin06 a break. Maybe he was talking about batch 2006. :)
  • O nasaan na si justin06, naghahanap siguro ng facts to prove his claim. hahaha...dito ba naman sya naglagay ng walang kwenta nyang post.

hey, i have no time to bash or create alternicks. kung gawain mo yun, then so be it. when you tak about 'walang kuwenta' e kung nag iimbento ako. right?

by the way i have more things to do kasi so pasensya na kung matagal ako magreply.

anyway im talking about batch 2004,i came up the same statistics from the higher and lower batch as well.

you can visit UP diliman personally if you want.:)
  • As of now, letran is not ready. having a law school in letran is too ambitious> LETRAN MUST BE FLEXIBLE WITH THE POLICY, GIVE MORE FREEDOM TO THE STUDENTS, BE STABLE WITH TEACHERS. AS OF NOW, WE HAVE NEW LISTS OF TEACHERS AGAIN. A NUMBER OF THEM = NO MASTERS DEGREE. We are wondering why old and seasoned teachers are leaving this school. WE ASK: bECAUSE of the UNSTABLE, BULLY AND BOSSY, UNACCOMODATING ADMINISTRATORS DEMONICAN PRIESTS AND EMPLOYEES. IF YOU HAVE SOME DOUBT, BETTER RESEARCH FROM THE STUDENTS OF LETRAN TODAY