Home PEx Relationships The Singles Scene

Should we remain friends?

She rejected me, saying that she doesn't feel the same and that she doesn't think she will ever change her mind. But she said we're still friends. Part of me wants to shut off communication yet a part of me is hoping her mind would change someday.

She broke my heart. Should we remain friends? Or should I close the door now?

Comments

• the question is... can you take it being friends? just friends?
    part of me is hoping her mind would change someday

been there... felt that. but :down: no.
  • hay naku hanap ka na ng iba. . .
  • i think she really mean it...

...mas lalo lang syang mawawalang ng gana sayo kung papakita mo
    paring patay na patay ka sa kanya!
  • my ex (we were together for 5 years) has a new gf now. he keeps on texting me during the first week with his new found love. i asked why and he said, "i want to keep the friendship." i told him that i cannot be friends with him for now. it is just too paiful. maybe someday but i really don't know if that is possible.

i am slowly moving on..and i think you should too. keeping the communication lines open will make it difficult for you to move on.
  • i dont think so... chaka na cguro when u dont care so much abt her na.
  • someday pero not now.

it really depends with how strong u are.
  • it's getting cold na...i close mo na yung door ..hahahahahaha
  • i strongly feel that a man and a woman (given that they can't be together for one reason or the other) can be friends. been friends with my exs...and the friendship is great. still friends with people i cared about, and we're doing just fine. i think it's just a matter of assessing one's self, really. i mean, if you're mature enough to handle it, why not. then again, there's the issue of just how much hurt the person has caused you...then assess again, you willing to try the friendship NOW? coz if not, you need not push the issue. friendships thrive better on 2 people willing to work it out as friends. take your time. she should know that u would need the time.

anyway, good luck and hopefully you make the best decision...for you. :)
  • wag muna... heal yourself first.
  • my regular course of action would have been to tell you, to walk away, burn bridges and start over.....

im not so sure now....

when things have changed so much and youve invested in it....

theres so much more on the line...
  • Friends? Define friends? How do you define a friendship with her anyway? Will she be one as well? I have doubts.
  • someone once told me.. f two past lovers remain frnds.. either theyre stil n luv or theyre never in luv.. (tama ba cuz??)
  • ^ally... uber ganda nyang quote na yan... expertise pala ni spicy ang love... harhar....
  • Kung hindi naman naging kayo tapos iiwas ka dahil she doesn't feel the same way that you feel, don't you think sayang ang friendship nyo? It's not her fault na hindi mutual yung feeling nyo, first of all she didn't ask you to fall for her, you just felt it. I understand masakit mareject, siguro medyo iwas ka muna ng konti as of now pero hwag mong sayangin ang friendship.... :)
  • jcsjcs PExer
    Well, I've sort of resolved to give it one more chance. If I get turned down again the next time I try, then I guess that's it. I'll give it one last chance. But I'll be on the lookout for other girls na rin, just in case. I'm not gonna be turned down without someone to pick up the slack. Times like these, I gotta be smart so that I don't get hurt again.
  • undauntedundaunted PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    if you were friends before your confession, i don't see why you shouldn't remain so even after.

as the earlier pexers have said, if you can stand just being friends, then be a friend. but at this point when you're still hoping, i think it's much better if you detach yourself from her in the meantime. that way, you avoid having your judgment clouded, your feelings more muddled up.
  • rayzlerayzle PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    close doors na!
    close the book na!
    cut all communication na!

if you have it all open, mahihirapan kang mag move on and everyday pain yan sa life mo.
  • jcsjcs PExer
    rayzle wrote:
    close doors na!
    close the book na!
    cut all communication na!

if you have it all open, mahihirapan kang mag move on and everyday pain yan sa life mo.

It really seems like it. I think I'm gonna do just that.
  • better become civil to her than be friends, with this you have nothing to expect.;)
  • jcsjcs PExer
    Leo28 wrote:
    better become civil to her than be friends, with this you have nothing to expect.;)

Yes, I agree with you.