Home PEx Business and Careers Call Centers and Call Center Jobs

Labor Cases against Call Centers

people,

would you know of anyone who had a labor case against their call center company? that actually filed a cases at the NLRC? what happened? how was it settled?

ya see, i've been hearing a lot from these. among the most popular cases are:

- illegal dismissal (most common)
- constructive dismissal

most people actually was able to come out of the settlement with a princely sum of moolah! all we hafta do is...

WE GOTTA TAKE THA POWER BACK !!!

SHARE YOUR STORIES AND INSIGHTS...this might help those who were or about to be maligned, abused, and exploited.
*okay* *peace*

Comments

• yo mojofilter...

it's not actually my story, but rather it's a case of my gf's former teammate in an ortigas-based call center. basically, simple case of power-tripping lang; wat happened was ung agent badtrip sa tl nya na b*atch talaga. i think the agent applied for promotion but the tl did not approved it bec. she didn't wanna be toppled i guess. so parang sa sobrang disappointed ung agent mjo nag-slack off ata.. medyo mahaba kwento so i'll make it short. basta ang pinaka-gist is binutasan ng tl ung agent kaya illegal term ata ginawa sa kanya.. ang panlaban ni agent, binutasan din nya ung tl (imagine slammer daw ung tl, as in pag sup call slam agad). tsaka may anomalya daw sa mgmt style nya. ang alam ko nanalo sya sa kaso, though hindi ganun kalaki nakuha nya bayad-danyos. am not even sure if it was filed @ the NLRC. but then, un ang alam kong labor case talaga na may results. hope it helps.
  • mojofiltermojofilter PEx Rookie ⭐
    im sorry that happened to your gf...
  • ^ It was her gf's ex teammate.
  • mojofilter wrote:
    im sorry that happened to your gf...

don't worry chong... it's not my gf who who had that situation... like i've said, teammate sya ng gf ko.. :):):)
  • Mojofilter!

From HR side, there are plenty of call center cases in the NLRC, all concerning illegal dismissal, all related to the "3 buckets." While some are meritorious (like yours), most are plain bolo. People get rightly and properly fired for sexshul harrasment, yet they have the nerve to sue back. Some get fired for going AWOL for three weeks, with return-to-work letters and all, then they sue for illegal dismissal.

Those that the companies see as lost cases as far as they are concerned, they will pay off after haggling down the money claim. Those that are seen as frivolous, they will fight out. Your case, you can likely win.

Cheers, big daddy!
    <soul_jah> wrote:
    don't worry chong... it's not my gf who who had that situation... like i've said, teammate sya ng gf ko.. :):):)

oh yeah...must be tha lack of sleep...hehe..sorry!
    Ratman wrote:
    Mojofilter!

From HR side, there are plenty of call center cases in the NLRC, all concerning illegal dismissal, all related to the "3 buckets." While some are meritorious (like yours), most are plain bolo. People get rightly and properly fired for sexshul harrasment, yet they have the nerve to sue back. Some get fired for going AWOL for three weeks, with return-to-work letters and all, then they sue for illegal dismissal.

Those that the companies see as lost cases as far as they are concerned, they will pay off after haggling down the money claim. Those that are seen as frivolous, they will fight out. Your case, you can likely win.

Cheers, big daddy!

oh hell yeah...and when that day comes...let's go have some black cow!
    *peace* :bop:
  • mojofilter wrote:
    oh hell yeah...and when that day comes...let's go have some black cow!

What the hell is black cow ??? :confused:
    black cow (n.)

Chocolate milk.
    Chicago. A float made with root beer and vanilla ice cream.*okay*
  • hey mojofilter, how are you doin? no wonder you thought i was funny when you pinged me.... out of sync lately.... ;-)
    Labidoods wrote:
    hey mojofilter, how are you doin? no wonder you thought i was funny when you pinged me.... out of sync lately.... ;-)

pinged? i'm confused...:confused:

do we know each other?
  • I have a question for our labor experts. I'm an externally hired Team Leader. I was hired last March and my 6th month will be on September. The first time that my direct supervisor ever coached or gave me feedback was last July 28. No numerical scores were presented. She just presented a document that has all her subjective feedback and perception about me.

My concerns are:
    1) The feedback that she gave me was very delayed which have caused me to commit the same mistakes(according to her) repeatedly.
    2) Aren't there supposed to be numerical scores to support her intention not to regularize me, such as my team's performance and attendance, as well as mine?
    3) I asked her if it would be too late for me to make up and be regularized considering that I only have 2 months left on my probationary status, which then would lead to concern # 1.
    4) If she decides not to regularize me because of what's stated above, would that be legal considering that all that she has against me are subjective and derived from her perception?

Notes to consider:
    - I have never been reprimanded.
    - Never been absent.
    - Was twice late because of a very valid reason. So valid that I can choose to be absent on those days.
  • I have a question for our labor experts. I'm an externally hired Team Leader. I was hired last March and my 6th month will be on September. The first time that my direct supervisor ever coached or gave me feedback was last July 28. No numerical scores were presented. She just presented a document that has all her subjective feedback and perception about me.

My concerns are:
    1) The feedback that she gave me was very delayed which have caused me to commit the same mistakes(according to her) repeatedly.
    2) Aren't there supposed to be numerical scores to support her intention not to regularize me, such as my team's performance and attendance, as well as mine?
    3) I asked her if it would be too late for me to make up and be regularized considering that I only have 2 months left on my probationary status, which then would lead to concern # 1.
    4) If she decides not to regularize me because of what's stated above, would that be legal considering that all that she has against me are subjective and derived from her perception?

Notes to consider:
    - I have never been reprimanded.
    - Never been absent.
    - Was twice late because of a very valid reason. So valid that I can choose to be absent on those days.

im not HR nor a LAWYER,
    but it is the companys prerogative to accept you as a REG employee or not..
    u cant do something about it since you are still on a probationary status.

goodluck, be optimistic

just my 2 cents
  • mojofilter wrote: »
    people,

would you know of anyone who had a labor case against their call center company? that actually filed a cases at the NLRC? what happened? how was it settled?

ya see, i've been hearing a lot from these. among the most popular cases are:

- illegal dismissal (most common)
    - constructive dismissal

most people actually was able to come out of the settlement with a princely sum of moolah! all we hafta do is...

WE GOTTA TAKE THA POWER BACK !!!

SHARE YOUR STORIES AND INSIGHTS...this might help those who were or about to be maligned, abused, and exploited.
    *okay* *peace*

ako napopromote agad kahit wala pang 6 months dahil nagpapatira ako sa pwet sa TL at manager ko.. :lol:
  • I have a personal case against my former employer at Clark. I have been in that call center for 10 yrs and 3 months and because of their inhuman way of rating tech reps, I was terminated. I filed a case at NLRC together with other co-employees and voila they stopped terminating people. Up to now, we are waiting for the decision of our case. We were dismissed for non performance which is quite odd since we are regular employees and if we were judged by the poor stats and poor service that we were supporting plus the *** kissing management people. By the way, who knows how long an NLRC case comes to a decision? Our case ended last May and we were told to wait for the decision. We just hope the arbiter is not a payable monster.
  • guys, im inspired in your post here. Im a new employee of one center here in ortigas, 1 month pa lang po ako but balak ko i reklamo sa labor because of unpoor management. This company sucks, i was offered training allowance which is 350/day for 2 weeks un eh me pinirmahan ako training agreement. But I was shocked na extend ako 1 week training pa bago mag jo. This company package daw! No diff., no benifits, no deductions, daw sa sahod! Ang matindi no work, no pay! Pag holiday sa pinas... no pay un. Eto pa ni raid ng nbi ang office, confiscate the cpu's wala daw liscense *** adobe.. At take note no pay kami nun that day, kasi tinext kami na no work.. Maraming pangako dito, verbal aggremenet nga lang minsan...
  • meron din xe akong case ***** against previous employer ko na nasa NLRC na *****, ang problem, d ako approved for lawyer na manggagaling sa PAO dahil tagilid daw ako sa merit terit test...since yung previous employer ko may sinunod na due process nang iterminate ako...ang inilalaban ko naman hindi yung process kundi yung substance ng hatol nila sa akin nung iterminate ako, sabi sa kin may right ang employer iterminate ang employee as long as may valid grounds, ang sa akin lang: oo, may memo n binigay sa akin, may ground which is "gross/habitual negligence", may hearing, may termination notice which hindi ko pinirmahan, pero ang sa akin dun ni hindi nga napatunayan yung kinaso nila sa akin, pero ending ko para sa PAO hindi ako inaprubahan ng abugado...
  • jei101 wrote: »
    meron din xe akong case ***** against previous employer ko na nasa NLRC na *****, ang problem, d ako approved for lawyer na manggagaling sa PAO dahil tagilid daw ako sa merit terit test...since yung previous employer ko may sinunod na due process nang iterminate ako...ang inilalaban ko naman hindi yung process kundi yung substance ng hatol nila sa akin nung iterminate ako, sabi sa kin may right ang employer iterminate ang employee as long as may valid grounds, ang sa akin lang: oo, may memo n binigay sa akin, may ground which is "gross/habitual negligence", may hearing, may termination notice which hindi ko pinirmahan, pero ang sa akin dun ni hindi nga napatunayan yung kinaso nila sa akin, pero ending ko para sa PAO hindi ako inaprubahan ng abugado...

jei101

Don't lose hope. Your lawyer doesn't have to be PAO. There are other options. Few years back, when a friend of mine filed a case at NLRC he did'nt have money for a lawyer so he asked the arbitrer if he could recommend one. As luck would have it, he gave my friend a business card and the lawyer he got wasn't expensive at all. He just paid a small amount (less than 500) every hearing. And yes, he won the case.
  • Hello,

I need help... Yung office namin sabi sakin ay AWOL daw ako ng 2 days dahil late daw ako nag ttext sa TL ko... Pro db ang AWOL ay pag hindi ka nag advise buong araw? Ako nag text talaga ako within the shift ngayon pinapagawan nila ako ng letter... Admitted din naman *** boss ko na nag text ** ako kaso late nga lang... Ngayon kung itterminate nila ako dahil dun db pwede ko sila kasuhan? Pro sa DOLE ba or takutin ko muna ng corporate lawyer? Wala kasi due process sa opisina namin e...sabi ko pag binigyan nila ako ng memo mag reresign na ako ayaw naman nila ako payagan! I hope to hear from you guys! Thanks!