Home PEx Campus The Academe
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Leakage On Board Exams ---> A Myth? Or A Fact Of Life?

To those who took board exams, may it be for EE, ECE, ChemE, CPA,
Law, Medicine, and others.... do you believe that there's always a leakage
that only those who are "blessed" were able to get it with a right price?

or is this accusation of "leakage" is nothing but a myth, spread around by
those "unlucky" ones to pass the exam?

please let us know what you think about this...

Comments

• Almost every year when board examination for ECE is held, the rumor about
    leakage is non-stop... "This review center provides the leakage... this
    review center knows what will be given in the exam... this review center had
    five of the top10 last year because of leakage... etc etc etc".

However, there is no hard evidence to prove that "leakage" happened.
    And the examinees were not keen to squeal about it... hahaha.
  • I am not so sure if this really happened... before the CE Board of ____, there was this rumor that a group of students paid P10K for a leakage from a supposed PRC personnel. They purportedly made the transaction in an undisclosed hotel in Manila. The said transaction happened 2 days before the board.

But to answer the thread question, I think its a fact. Cheating comes in various forms and leakage is one of them. There could be leakages that might have happened in the past but wasn't disclosed probably because it wasn't massive. "Leakaging" must've happened only to certain individuals who have the "connections".

la_flash: in your batch, did you hear rumors of leakages?
  • Well PRC have no powers to investigate this review center? They cannot even regulate these review centers' operations right?
  • ^^ yes tophe17... in our batch... there are lots of rumors of what could
    possibly come out in the exam...

and it is my biggest regret that I didn't heed the suggestion of our reviewer
    to take "asynchronous motor" seriously... hahaha... lots of questions
    for electronics are about "motor"... hehehe... After the exam, I said
    "Sana sa EE na lang ako nag-review"... hehehe...

what I heard are all but rumors... nothing was confirmed yet... "walang
    maglakas loob na magsalita"...
  • ^ That I want to figure out a year from now.
  • tophe_17 wrote:
    ^ That I want to figure out a year from now.

Good luck and God bless in your board Exam !!!

ECE? ECE ? CE? or CHEME?
  • Everybody has a price. Its a fact of life. Its like asking if the justice system is fair in this country. :lol:
  • ^ I somehow agree with you! However, let us not put in general.

la_flash: CE
  • DacsDacs PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I dunno. There are rumors. And (unfortunately) with our corrupt-ridden system, you can have anything you want, if the price is right (disclaimer: I DO NOT KNOW any actual case that has transpired before, I'm just making a conjecture)

But the way PRC told us how they really watch and scrutinize the implementation of board exam, it's quite hard to leak out exam questionnaires. But as I've said, if the price is right...

As far as my board exam is concerned, wala akong narinig.
  • la_flash wrote:
    Almost every year when board examination for ECE is held, the rumor about
    leakage is non-stop... "This review center provides the leakage... this
    review center knows what will be given in the exam... this review center had
    five of the top10 last year because of leakage... etc etc etc".

However, there is no hard evidence to prove that "leakage" happened.
    And the examinees were not keen to squeal about it... hahaha.

In the review center I attended, they didn't really claim that they give leakage to the exams. On the "coaching" period (the part of the review session where the students are not allowed to bring anything inside the classroom), the reviwers would tell us that these are the typical questions that might appear in the board exams. Pero siyempre hindi kami naniwala. In fairness, majority of the sessions naman are devoted to review talaga.

Sa ECE naman, well, based on our low scores (he he, yung top 1 ng ECE eh malamang top 20 lang ng CE), parang wala namang leakage he he. Not to imply na may leakage sa CE.
  • DacsDacs PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Sa ECE naman, well, based on our low scores (he he, yung top 1 ng ECE eh malamang top 20 lang ng CE), parang wala namang leakage he he. Not to imply na may leakage sa CE.

Oo nga, yung Top 1 ng CE, 95+ ang score :D
  • myth lang yan... i know some people in prc. there has been no leakage since 2001.
  • It's a fact that has been a myth to the many. :lol:

Joketime! :insane:
  • Kolmogorov wrote:
    In the review center I attended, they didn't really claim that they give leakage to the exams. On the "coaching" period (the part of the review session where the students are not allowed to bring anything inside the classroom), the reviwers would tell us that these are the typical questions that might appear in the board exams. Pero siyempre hindi kami naniwala. In fairness, majority of the sessions naman are devoted to review talaga.

oist, parang alam ko na kung saan ka nag-review... hehehe...

===================================================

tama ka, iyong top1 sa ECE ang baba ng score... bakit kaya ganun?
    katulad noong time namin... di nga magkakalayo ang scores ng top20 eh...

=====================================================

ano'ng batch ka nag-take ng ECE board exam? naabutan mo ba iyong
    motors?

=====================================================

ewan ko ba... hanggang ngayon, di pa napapatunayan ang tsismis na
    leakage sa board exam sa engineering... pero sa nursing at law, marami
    nang napatunayang leakage... magaling lang siguro talagang magtago
    ang mga soon-to-be engineers... hahaha :rotflmao:
  • ^I took it last November 2003. Ano yung tungkol sa motors? Hindi ko na maalala kung may mga questions related sa motors, kung meron man baka trivia question na naman.

As for the leakage, well, kung may nakita silang material na leakage kuno eh I doubt na magtitiwala sila agad. Takot lang nila.
  • i think it's a myth! its not true na nandaya ang Ateneo sa Bar exam noh! :grrr:

sa ECE we are the best!

One Big Fight!
  • Kolmogorov wrote:
    ^I took it last November 2003. Ano yung tungkol sa motors? Hindi ko na maalala kung may mga questions related sa motors, kung meron man baka trivia question na naman.

As for the leakage, well, kung may nakita silang material na leakage kuno eh I doubt na magtitiwala sila agad. Takot lang nila.

There are many questions in Electronics about motors in the ECE board
    exam during our time.... "buwisit talaga"... hehehe...

di pala tayo magka-batch... hehehe
  • Ateneo is the best in ECE!
  • eudemoneudemon PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ang topic eh kung myth ba o fact ang mga leakage on board exams.. bkit may mga best..best akong nababasa??
  • i think it's a myth! its not true na nandaya ang Ateneo sa Bar exam noh! :grrr:

sa ECE we are the best!

One Big Fight!

hmmm... i'm also from the Ateneo.
    i don't believe we are NUMBER ONE in ECE.
    yes, we may be the BEST in other courses, especially in LAW and ARTS & Literature, but in ECE i think, we're just number 2.

UP's still the best. ATENEO is catching up. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file