Home PEx Hobbies Books and Literature

The life and works of C. S. Lewis.

magnabashmagnabash PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
I try to re-read the Narnia books again.

What you can say about the life and works of C. S. Lewis.

Comments

• i hvnt read any of his works in their entirety bt i do hve a glimpse of wat his works are like through the other Christian literature i hve read throughout the years. i rily love reading topical books so i'm particularly interested in his non-fiction works. Mere Christianity is one. it's just that his books are quite expensive that's why up until nw, i dnt hve any copies of his works.

C. S. Lewis - From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  • my_identitymy_identity PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    All I know is that he was a Christian convert, from being an atheist at that. I've read Mere Christianity, every Christian should read it. ;)
  • magnabashmagnabash PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I read somewhere that, The Screwtape Letters, will have a film adaptation.
  • durden_tylerdurden_tyler PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Just watched Caspian two weeks ago and immediately i searched for the Narnian E-Books... i say, i am hooked. It's (children) story-telling really but with very deep deep real life (religion and faith and relationships mostly) subliminal meanings to adults.

Harry Potter can kiss Edmund's aS$ as well. i never liked Rowling books especially when compared to these classic.
  • magnabashmagnabash PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Just watched Caspian two weeks ago and immediately i searched for the Narnian E-Books... i say, i am hooked. It's (children) story-telling really but with very deep deep real life (religion and faith and relationships mostly) subliminal meanings to adults.

Harry Potter can kiss Edmund's aS$ as well. i never liked Rowling books especially when compared to these classic.

According to Wikipedia, isa sa mga nag-influence kay J. K. Rowling, ay si C. S. Lewis.
    Yeah, ..Harry's stories (and Rowling's) stories are fine. Am not just sure why i can't bear to read them.
    But going back to Narnia, Caspian was always golden haired right? Just a miss-cast for the movie? (i though i remembered seeing cover of Narnia books with a blonde prince in it)