Home PEx Business and Careers The Working Filipino
Are you a pageant expert? Join the PEx Miss Universe Quiz Night on May 16!

How Much Is Your Preferred Basic Salary? Students/Fresh Grads Speak Up!!

Kent_210Kent_210 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
I know there's a lot of students/fresh graduates out there.
Mind if you can share us your preferred salary?
Better if you could elaborate further why.
Something like..."kasi breadwinner ako, kasi cumlaude ako, kasi graduate ako ng blah blah blah...."

Para sa mga working PEXers naman na matagal na sa kani kanilang industriya, how much do you think is the sufficient basic salary for an entry level...yung tipong makatarungan naman :)

Actually, when Im looking for my first Job, I dont have any preference for as long as nakakagimik ako every week at nakakapag shop ng konti hehehe.

It was 2004 when I landed on my very first job.
They asked me the same question, I said not lower than 12K per month.

I was shocked when they offered me 14K plus 6K/month night shift allowance.
So that would be 20K per month, tapos may bayad din ang OT, e lagi kaming may work ng Saturday.
Kaya lang contractual yung job, it depends on the project.

Pero as an entry level, for me napaka swerte ko na to earn such amount.
By the way, hindi po ako graduate ng DLSU, UP or LaSalle...

*okay*

Comments

• P30,000 kasi sa school investment and di naman ako academically challenged. Cute pa. Hahaha!
  • florenofloreno PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Contractual pala eh....ganun talaga....mga 20k pataas ang offeran nyan..lalo na sa mga fresh grads.

Kapag me work experience ka na... it can go up upto 40K - 50K a month
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    In a few months, I would like to come back to this thread and ask everyone who posted:

"Did you get your preferred basic salary from your employer?"
  • Kent_210Kent_210 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    floreno wrote:
    Contractual pala eh....ganun talaga....mga 20k pataas ang offeran nyan..lalo na sa mga fresh grads.

Kapag me work experience ka na... it can go up upto 40K - 50K a month

Is it a GOLDEN experience? :)

Kuya Danny/Everyone,
    Perhaps you can help us.
    Any idea of the average basic salary for fresh grads nowadays?
    I know it depends on the field.
    Any info's are certainly well appreciated.

Thanks...
  • well, even prestigious companies offer entry-level salaries for as low as P 13K/month.... sad but true
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    Kent_210 wrote:
    Is it a GOLDEN experience? :)

Kuya Danny/Everyone,
    Perhaps you can help us.
    Any idea of the average basic salary for fresh grads nowadays?
    I know it depends on the field.
    Any info's are certainly well appreciated.

Thanks...

Please do not take this the wrong way.

We are still able to hire employees with college degrees at P10K/month. They typically have 2-4 years' work experience, and our starting offers already represent a premium of about 18% over what these people are making at their current jobs. So if you think the salary offers you receive are low, you should also appreciate that other people's salaries might be lower still.
  • Kent_210Kent_210 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    Certain companies do ... im referring to the other thread where-in companies like P&G, Shell, etc offered high salary for an entry level.

But in MOST companies...even 13K per month salary is even higher pa.
    That is based it on my experience during my job hunting 2 years ago.
  • Depends on the Co. For now, newly grad is averaging 12,000. Now its up to them if they can make it 20,000 pesos after 14 months. If not then I suggest that you move on.

Ako nun I started 10,000 pesos. After 1 year naging 15,000. Then naging 20,000. Then naging 30,000. Then naging 40,000 and so on. It really pays when your in focus.
  • would anyone know how much is the usual entry level salary for a trader position in banks or investment houses?
  • For IT peeps, at least 20K.
  • KuyaDanny wrote:
    Please do not take this the wrong way.

We are still able to hire employees with college degrees at P10K/month. They typically have 2-4 years' work experience, and our starting offers already represent a premium of about 18% over what these people are making at their current jobs. So if you think the salary offers you receive are low, you should also appreciate that other people's salaries might be lower still.

I have a lot of friends in the medical profession. For someone applying for residency training, pinakamataas nang sweldo ang P12K, minus tax pa. Usual rate is between P8-9K/month. That's with a 24-48 hour duty rotation, 7 days a week. On call ka pa even on your days off. After you complete your residency, bahala ka na magset-up ng clinic mo. If you want to practice at a reputable hospital, you have to shell out major bucks to rent/buy clinic space.

And people wonder why a lot of doctors in the Philippines take up nursing to go abroad.
  • i started at 60K.
  • i started at 60K.

Are you also working in Shell?
  • Blue ZooBlue Zoo PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    rychu wrote:
    For IT peeps, at least 20K.

IT peeps with experience, you mean.

Most comp sci grads I find aren't worth P10k.
  • adonis827adonis827 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i first worked at a prestigious multinational company and they offered me 25k starting salary as a web programmer. i only lasted for four months. then in my second (current) job in a government research institute, i started at 15k. 6 months later it was raised to 18k. now i am in here for 1 year and 6 months i am gunning for the next higher contract which is 21k. i think i am nearing that feat. i only want to last for about two years though and i would start looking for a higher paying job again. for around 2 years of experience i expect no less than 25k. but that is still rare.
  • Blue Zoo wrote:
    IT peeps with experience, you mean.

Most comp sci grads I find aren't worth P10k.

Even without experience. It really depends on the skill set, resume, personality and sometimes, the school.
  • _grace wrote:
    I have a lot of friends in the medical profession. For someone applying for residency training, pinakamataas nang sweldo ang P12K, minus tax pa. Usual rate is between P8-9K/month. That's with a 24-48 hour duty rotation, 7 days a week. On call ka pa even on your days off. After you complete your residency, bahala ka na magset-up ng clinic mo. If you want to practice at a reputable hospital, you have to shell out major bucks to rent/buy clinic space.

And people wonder why a lot of doctors in the Philippines take up nursing to go abroad.

i heard about it from my doc before. she was sharing her clinic space with another doc pa. if i remember it right, in reputable hospitals it's at P3M at least. they got their clinic at Eastwood for almost half that. so i can't really feel bad when she charges more than twice the going rate in the provinces even if the doctors in the provinces were their classmates and are just as competent as they are.
  • I agree with Blue zoo.

not cause you are an IT grad you can demand for a 20K salary..
    I once interviewed a freshie...
    no outstanding detail in his resume...
    IQ was just okay...
    EQ was a bit low...
    transcript of records showed some failed subjects...

and when I asked how much he would be asking ... he answered coolly
    "I am looking at around 30K..."

to which I responded...
    "and what if we cant give you that?"

and his brilliant answer was..............................................
    "well am sorry then sir.. I would have to withdraw my application..."

GOD!!! the gall of the guy.. I simply terminated the interviewed right then and there stating that I simply could not in my right mind give him his asking salary..
  • well, it is MY preferred salary. i got it naman so happiness for me.
  • hi everyone! me, when i first started at my current company, they didnt give my preferred/asking rate. however, for my 1 WEEK stay here, i got a raise! haha! and i got a bigger responsibility! yun lang.. pero i'm happy with what i'm getting.. hopefully, be regularized so that i could avail for the benefits!