• danicalstixdanicalstix Hush hush puppy... PExer
    patawid gutom *okay*
  • froshie1froshie1 Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    junk food.
  • blueorgreenblueorgreen ssssshhhhhhh PEx Legend ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    bakit siya considered as junk food??
  • PrettyCool_DudePrettyCool_Dude Cool, Sensible & Sexy PExer
    There is no such thing as "junk food." There's only "unbalanced diet."

If you consider jamaican patties as junk foods, what then do you consider hamburgers? These foods can be good sources of protein, but they are also high in cholesterol, so they should be consumed in moderation.
  • cutedoccutedoc not just a doctor PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^^^i agree if it be taken in moderation, its not considered junk at all, if the oil used are unsaturated, if the meat fillings uses lean meat then it could still be a health food in moderation, not all hamburgers are junk food, if you prepare a hamburger patties using lean beef, and you grill it instead of frying it, then it'll be a good source of protein and that is not considered as junk, commercial hamburgers, uses additives, beef fat, fried, and not to mention the mayo, then that be un healthy

if taken in moderation it could be a part of a healthy diet
  • froshie1froshie1 Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    source of my answer - the diabetic clinic of Makati Medical Center.
  • PrettyCool_DudePrettyCool_Dude Cool, Sensible & Sexy PExer
    ^^^It's maybe because they have a different definition of "junk food." Not all dieticians agree on the connotation of the term "junk". That's why I did not directly answer the question. I simply implied that it's an unbalanced diet.

IMO, when you say "junk", it means you'll get "absolutely" no benefit from it! But if their definition is that the disadvantage outweighs the benefits that you'll get from it, then maybe they can consider it as junk food... especially for the diabetics who have to control their cholesterol intake to reduce their risk of hypertension!
  • moonbreakermoonbreaker Member PExer
    siguro di naman solid junk pero sureball daming calories ng crust niya ramdam mo kasi talaga yung mantika haha estimate ko over all mga 200-300 cals isang ganun hahaha

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file