Home PEx Lifestyle Style and Fashion
Join our PEx Olympics Quiz Night and win GCash prizes! 🏅

[Extended!] Penshoppe Speak Up! With Courage

AdaAda Administrator PEx Moderator
This is your last chance to win P1,500.00 in Penshoppe GCs so post now! Read the mechanics here.

Tell us about a time when someone you know took a stand, spoke up, and made people listen!

Not a PEx member? Click here to register.

Comments

• ittitt PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Our department recently had our exit interview with the dean (wherein we can voice out our concerns and the like regarding the course etc).

It had been a rough year for us since it seems like [based on our observations]our profs are ganging up on us (our batch and block were labeled as "pasaways")in addition to being "unfair"; At first, the comments made were simple but as the interview/forum progressed, things bacame steamy.

A lot of students, my blockmates included, were expressing their concerns regarding the grading system, the lesson proper and attitude problems concerning our you know whats.

We were all doing what we think is right for we are not only protecting ourselves from the unjust system we have been subjected to, but the future students as well and even though not all students spoke up, being there in the forum itself and paying attention and supporting those who voiced out their concerns surely stated our stand.

We all made our voices heard and we knew the risks we all took, since all of us will be (hopefully) graduating this march.

:bluefish:
  • They thought it couldn't be done.
    Our office was tasked to raise enough money for the school to fund all its 58th foundation activities. The usual fund-raising activities then were "pa binggo or pa-raffle or benefit dances".
    But I said to my boss: "why not try to market our activities to big corporations in Manila?" boss says: will they take notice when we're a local college in the province? I said: " if we make our packages attractive enough and get a database to send all of them our proposals, we might just hit returns..." So we sent in more than 300 proposals to all local and national sponsors we could get our hands on...and wonders of wonders, results exceeded expectations: We raised 192,000 in hard cash, another 100,000 in ex-deals from over 30 sponsors plus the most raved-about celebration anniversary in history. :lol:
  • When I was in grade four, we had a 'terror' science teacher that was really insanely strict without basis. He is known throughout our batch to throw school chairs and topple over the teacher's table at random moments where he just 'feels' it to do so. Everyone was really furious in going to his class because we weren't learning anything at all because his style wasn't conjucive to learning - at grade four at least. Our class decided to make a stand so the class officers, including myself made an initiative to put a stop to his antics by telling the level moderator along with other classmates that enough is enough. Eventually he admitted to his mistakes and a few months later he wasn't the strict teacher we used to know.
  • During third grade, we had a teacher in computer (may his soul rest in peace) that had very strict rules for us students when entering his laboratory. Our teacher had a very strict rule in class: Farting was not allowed and since the laboratory was enclosed and it was fully air-conditioned, a simple stench could go a long way. One of my classmates couldn't suppress his 'anger' and eventually exploded. He then said to class: Somebody Faaaaarrrteeeeed and if I don't get to know who farted I won't let all of you go to my class again. Afraid that he was the one to blame for this stinky explosion, he openly admitted to class that he was the one at fault - and eventually became the laughingstock for more than a week. At least it's over and done, I'm actually proud of him that he did what he had to do, not to put us innocent classmates at fault.
  • I've had many friends who have stood up for what they believed was right and just, but the most memorable one I believe is the one with my friend Miles. It was during our Freshman Year in Hanau American Military School in Hanau, Germany. Our school had a special traditon called "Freshman Friday". During freshman friday all freshman, mainly male students, are given a special treatment of physical, mental, or emotional abuse courteousy of the upper classmen. Now this tradition has gone on for I believe about 10 years if i'm not mistaken, so our batch would be no exception. It all started in the cafeteria, Miles and I had just grabbed our lunch trays and sat down to eat when three seniors approached us. Every freshman sitting at our table including Miles and I recieved the welcome to Hanau High slap to the back of the head and a nice grin. Then they said to us in a calm matter, "Get the f**k out of our seats". I don't consider myself a coward but at that moment I believe what I did was right and just, I stood up and kindly excused myself from the seniors and sat at the table behind us. Miles on the other hand had no plan on being pushed around. I remember seeing Miles stand up to the three seniors, looked them all in the face and said, "How dare you!? Who are you to talk to me like that, I did not enroll in this school to be bullied by the likes of you! This school is based on fair discipline, and I'm sure the faculty won't appreciate it when they find out the upper classmen are harassing freshman." Glares came from everywhere, all eyes were on the seniors and Miles. I remember it so well because other freshman in the cafeteria began to side with Miles. It was a memorable time because I have never seen so many people united by the brave act of one common person. Though what Miles did was very brave, the ending isn't what you think. You could say that the seniors realized what they were doing was wrong, but that's nowhere near what really happend next. I remember glancing at one of the seniors because he had a bright smile on his face the whole time Miles was talking. After Miles finished his speech there was a long silence. Then one of the seniors finally spoke out, "Wow, finally we have a brave one. That was quite a speech, but a very stupid one. Now you'll see just how stupid you really are." At that exact moment the three seniors grabbed Miles and dragged him to the Gymnasium which had an olympic size pool under it. They then stripped off every bit of clothing on Miles and threw him, along with his clothes, into the pool. So much for bravery, but in a way I envy Miles. His act of bravery to stand up for himself and what he believes was right helped teach everyone in our school a great lesson. Now every freshman that ever walks through the beautiful gates of Hanau American Military School knows one important rule, keep your mouth shut in Freshman Friday.
  • I've had many friends who have stood up for what they believed was right and just, but the most memorable one I believe is the one with my friend Miles. It was during our Freshman Year in Hanau American Military School in Hanau, Germany. Our school had a special traditon called "Freshman Friday". During freshman friday all freshman, mainly male students, are given a special treatment of physical, mental, or emotional abuse courteousy of the upper classmen. Now this tradition has gone on for I believe about 10 years if i'm not mistaken, so our batch would be no exception. It all started in the cafeteria, Miles and I had just grabbed our lunch trays and sat down to eat when three seniors approached us. Every freshman sitting at our table including Miles and I recieved the welcome to Hanau High slap to the back of the head and a nice grin. Then they said to us in a calm matter, "Get the f**k out of our seats". I don't consider myself a coward but at that moment I believe what I did was right and just, I stood up and kindly excused myself from the seniors and sat at the table behind us. Miles on the other hand had no plan on being pushed around. I remember seeing Miles stand up to the three seniors, looked them all in the face and said, "How dare you!? Who are you to talk to me like that, I did not enroll in this school to be bullied by the likes of you! This school is based on fair discipline, and I'm sure the faculty won't appreciate it when they find out the upper classmen are harassing freshman." Glares came from everywhere, all eyes were on the seniors and Miles. I remember it so well because other freshman in the cafeteria began to side with Miles. It was a memorable time because I have never seen so many people united by the brave act of one common person. Though what Miles did was very brave, the ending isn't what you think. You could say that the seniors realized what they were doing was wrong, but that's nowhere near what really happend next. I remember glancing at one of the seniors because he had a bright smile on his face the whole time Miles was talking. After Miles finished his speech there was a long silence. Then one of the seniors finally spoke out, "Wow, finally we have a brave one. That was quite a speech, but a very stupid one. Now you'll see just how stupid you really are." At that exact moment the three seniors grabbed Miles and dragged him to the Gymnasium which had an olympic size pool under it. They then stripped off every bit of clothing on Miles and threw him, along with his clothes, into the pool. So much for bravery, but in a way I envy Miles. His act of bravery to stand up for himself and what he believes was right helped teach everyone in our school a great lesson. Now every freshman that ever walks through the beautiful gates of Hanau American Military School knows one important rule, keep your mouth shut in Freshman Friday.
  • jeazjeaz PEx Rookie ⭐
    Im enrolled in an advance statistic math subject and my classmates are 2nd or 3rd takers of the subject, and it left me to be the only student who take the subject first time, during the midterm period, lots of students complained coz the professor is a terror professor, sometimes she/he fail half of the class.

the students knew this and because some of them are slow learners and lazy, most of them failed because of absent or late, and had a hard time to understand the lesson, for me I dont have a problem, coz Im a BS math student.

and then our professor gave some signs to some students who will fail,
    we are less than 15 students in a class and our class is dubbed as a special class, coz most of them are repeaters and needed a lot of work for the prof. to teach them a lot and focused.

but problem is, students still got a hard time to pass the subject.
    all of them complained and suggested something that they will pass the subject. but the professor insisted on their plan.

during the shout out, I raised my hands and suggested that if we are allowed to take home exams and quizzes, just to save all of the students and pass the subjects.

the prof. agreed and later on gave us some take home quiz and lots of assignmments, also whenever fails to take the quiz. I also suggested for a special quiz..

so after that, until now, our loving prof. carried on my suggestion
    and it turns everyone is happy about it.
  • i have this girl friend that speaks whatever is in her mind.

just a funny story:

she was walking along espa?a when a street guy called her..

guy: MISS, GANDA MO NAMAN, PWEDE PA-KISS...
    my friend: HOY, LALAKE KA! WAG KANG GAGANYAN-GANYAN KASI ANG PANGET-PANGET MO! PWEDE BA WAG KANG MAMBABASTOS DAHIL ANG PANGET-PANGET MO!

ayun, natameme na lng ang lalaki. hindi kse sila matuturuan na wag mambabastos ng babae kung sila mismo e hindi gagantihan.. hehe! katuwa lng..
  • AdaAda Administrator PEx Moderator
    Congratulations to marianne23 for winning in the last installation of our Penshoppe promo! :)
This discussion has been closed.