COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

MTRCB finds "South Park" offensive

MTRCB: ‘South Park’ offensive
First posted 11:33pm (Mla time) Feb 25, 2006
By Marinel R. Cruz
Inquirer

CABLE DISTRIBUTOR SOLAR Entertainment has discontinued the airing of the animated series “South Park” on Jack TV after the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board complained of the program’s “offensive nature.”

In a press statement dated Feb. 23, MTRCB Chair Marissa Laguardia announced that Solar Entertainment “voluntarily agreed to desist from airing the cartoon until further notice.”

Laguardia ordered the review of the program’s episodes from Jan. 28 to Feb. 18 after the Board received calls and text messages from viewers saying “South Park” offended the sensibilities of Roman Catholics.

Blasphemy

Laguardia said she received a text message complaining that the show “blasphemed Jesus Christ by calling Him a nitwit.” She said the texter pointed out “vulgar disrespect for the Blessed Virgin Mary.”

“South Park,” follows the misadventures of four foul-mouthed third graders—Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman. The show is set in the town of South Park in Colorado. It is based on the short film by Trey Parker and Matt Stone titled, “The Spirit of Christmas.”

Laguardia said an adjudication board is scheduled to meet with Solar Entertainment on March 3 to discuss the issue. The adjudication board is comprised of Orlando Olgado, Alfred Yuson and lawyer Paulino Cases.

“We’ve not reviewed all the episodes, but I saw one show where Jesus was boxing with the Devil. I personally think the show violated MTRCB rules and regulations, but it’s best to wait for the official decision of the board,” Laguardia told Inquirer Entertainment on Friday.

Laguardia also asked concerned viewers to have all their future complaints duly notarized.

Wow, I'm surprised they just caught on by now.:rolleyes:

Comments

• roadwarriorroadwarrior Member PExer
    on the surface yes...

but in south park, good always triumphs over evil and they consistently make fun of religious hypocrisy but their message is always clear that they are on the side of good (as opposed to the side of the holy but the rabble can't be expected to make that distinction, could they?)
  • simpledreamssimpledreams Chill out Freckles McGee! PExer
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: surprised?
  • denise_roguedenise_rogue I want to go to there PExer
    i find it funny. after years of airing South Park in cable ngaun lang nila napansin! plus the movie aired p yta sa HBO. weird talaga c laguardia!:rotflmao:
  • Lucca YamazakiLucca Yamazaki die boy abunda die! PExer
    I guess this shatters my dream of one day seeing Monty Python's Flying Circus in cable.

Dear Lord, save us from the slow and daft. :(
  • silverjawssilverjaws Member PExer
    The Jewish find it offensive.

Gays, Asians, Muslims, Mormons, Catholics, this list can go on

MTRCB on the other hand finds everything offensive...

shhhhh...

they know where you live

:rotflmao:
  • funzenfunzen Blood+ PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Ano ba yun??? Ba't naman ganun?!!
    Laguardia ordered the review of the program’s episodes from Jan. 28 to Feb. 18 after the Board received calls and text messages from viewers saying “South Park” offended the sensibilities of Roman Catholics.

Blasphemy

Laguardia said she received a text message complaining that the show “blasphemed Jesus Christ by calling Him a nitwit.” She said the texter pointed out “vulgar disrespect for the Blessed Virgin Mary.”

The show make fun of everyone... So what if they made fun of Jesus? These sensitive religious whatever. They should not let their kids have the remote control... :rolleyes:
  • seeker89seeker89 Member PExer
    screw the offended viewers. i love jesus in south park. especially the episode where some dude was praying to him not knowing na katabi niya pala si jesus and then jesus replied "leave me alone!" or something like that :rotflmao:
  • athena2athena2 Member PExer
    another reason to stop donating to, or attending the crony church.

the catholic church is just like any other crony company and should be treated that way. the real blasphymer is that useless crook Rosales.

ABOLISH THE MTRCB.
  • ako_patingako_pating Daniela Hantuchova's guy PExer
    seeker89 wrote:
    screw the offended viewers. i love jesus in south park. especially the episode where some dude was praying to him not knowing na katabi niya pala si jesus and then jesus replied "leave me alone!" or something like that :rotflmao:

Yeah, i actually find their portrayal of Jesus to be really good... especially on that episode where David Blaine formed a cult and Jesus couldn't beat him coz his magic was cooler... Jesus was awesome there... :D

I don't find it balsphemous at all
  • boinksboinks sige comment... PExer
    if i find a TV show very offensive.....i dont have it cancelled. I just switch to another channel.
  • CougarCougar Banned by Admin PExer
    overrated!

they heavily rely on foul language, blasphemy, violence, etc in order to create laughter!

lame!
  • Lucca YamazakiLucca Yamazaki die boy abunda die! PExer
    ako_pating wrote:
    Yeah, i actually find their portrayal of Jesus to be really good... especially on that episode where David Blaine formed a cult and Jesus couldn't beat him coz his magic was cooler... Jesus was awesome there... :D

I don't find it balsphemous at all

It shows that the MTRCB do not wish to have their image of Jesus as the doormat prophet be challenged. They can't seem to accept the notion of Jesus being a little more bad-*****.
  • topnotch97topnotch97 Marley Brinx says hi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    alam ba nila kung ano yung pinapanood nila?!?!
    kaya nga nasa cable eh! :rolleyes:
  • Green_PromdiGreen_Promdi Wanderer PExer
    ^ Oo nga, akala ko walang labot ang MTRCB sa mga cable shows?? choice naman ng tao kung gusto nila magpakabit ng cable na may Jack TV.... oh well :rolleyes:

I'm going to miss Mr.Hanky this xmas! I guess I'll see him again in the pirated cd's :wave:
  • artUPartUP Warrior PExer
    dati ko pang naririnig ang pagkaoffensive ng theme ng South Park... nagkaroon pa nga ata ito ng Guinness World Record sa longest relay of cuss words of a cartoon series something... :bop:
  • Green_PromdiGreen_Promdi Wanderer PExer
    ^ Yun Guiness record ng Southpark ata yun isang episode nila tungkol sa black plague tapos nirecord nila ilan beses sinabi ng sh!+ sa isang palabas... if I remember correctly it was over 150... ganyan kavulgar ang SP
    kasi naman sa JackTV, at kahit sa Etc and Etc 2nd Avenue, mali mali naman ang scheduling at line-up nila eh.

kita mo US talk shows are placed during prime time?!?! when in fact most of them are originally placed on timeslots that are past kids bed times.

who wants to watch Maury's show on prime time and watch dysfunctional families on tv during philippine primetime?!?! i mean c'mon!! kaya walang gana manuod ng ganitong oras. biruin mo, pagdating mo sa bahay, ganito bubulaga sa iyo, puro "problem" shows. siiiiigggghhhhh.....

even south park is originally at comedy centrals' night scheduling. tapos sa jacktv, maaga pinapalabas.

kahit nga jerry springer sa midnight naman talaga yan tapos sa jacktv.... ay ewan ko ba...

:rolleyes:
  • DunedainDunedain NINJAneer gone Indie! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    South Park offensive? Is that even supposed to be a joke? Come to think of it, folks that do get offended by South Park are uptight, sensitive, and repressed. I wonder what will their reaction be when someone puts MP3s of South Park Christmas Songs.

/me waves CD :rotflmao:
  • athena2athena2 Member PExer
    the point is not whether South Park or anything else is offensive.

its cable-and the MTRCB has no business regulating cable. and the Catholic church has no business forcing the them to take off any program.

there are things on TV far more offensive than South Park-the bull fights on the Spanish channel are disgusting, as are the **** fights on various channels.

but I don't have to watch them; its called a remote; if you don't like anything just push the damn button.

The priests and nuns and opus dei have plenty to watch anyway.

I just wonder if the old farts will ban Da"Vinci code.
    wag na nilang pansinin. tapos.
    it is a popular about stupidity just like Reno 911. so why bother with the show.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file