COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Born-Again Christians..... questions

green_teagreen_tea Natural Born Dubber PExer
I know a lot of attractive young women, including some from the college i went to.. i just find them really weird sometimes too goody-goody... then i found out that most of them were Born-Again Christians... Mga VCF or Victory Christian Fellowship...

I had a buddy who was converted to VCF, after converting, he didn't like to hangout with us anymore, instead he would always call me up on saturday and invite me to join his Bible Study, Bible session in Robinson's Galleria...

Me and my other friends were so surprised with his change... That we also didn't enjoy his company.. Everytime we would do something like greeny jokes he would always comment and ask us to stop... By the way he's 26 years old... He always tells us not to have sex before getting married... and not to drink, and have sexual relationships with our girlfriends.........

WTF happened to this guy?????

That's all share ko lang.....

Comments

• inthedarknessinthedarkness not anymore PExer
    green_tea wrote:
    I know a lot of attractive young women, including some from the college i went to.. i just find them really weird sometimes too goody-goody... then i found out that most of them were Born-Again Christians... Mga VCF or Victory Christian Fellowship...

I had a buddy who was converted to VCF, after converting, he didn't like to hangout with us anymore, instead he would always call me up on saturday and invite me to join his Bible Study, Bible session in Robinson's Galleria...

Me and my other friends were so surprised with his change... That we also didn't enjoy his company.. Everytime we would do something like greeny jokes he would always comment and ask us to stop... By the way he's 26 years old... He always tells us not to have sex before getting married... and not to drink, and have sexual relationships with our girlfriends.........

WTF happened to this guy?????

That's all share ko lang.....

ur buddy's behavior is very typical to those who get converted into evangelical Christianity. i think he's jz very excited about his faith dat's why he wants to share it w/ u and that's why he became conservative bt i think that in tym, he'll b able to loosen up a bit and become a little more tolerant w/o compromising his faith. Christians strive to become Jesus Freaks, Extravagant Worshippers, etc. dat's why dey act lyk dat. why dnt u go w/ him to church? u'll love it. there u'll witness radical worship.

i also attend the worship services of VCF though i'm based at their fort bonifacio headquarters.

hpe i answered ur question.
  • RosaLiaRosaLia Member PExer
    I had nothing against their religion... but personally i meet one girl with that kind of regilion, medyo natatakot ako sa sermon niya... due too I was catholic since birth magka -iba ang believe namin... medyo may pagka-weird nga ang religion niya... oh, well!

RosaLia
  • sw33tmilksw33tmilk Member PExer
    It's not so bad after all. You friend is just still "high" in finding his new religion, most baby christians are. Their goals, all of a sudden, is to convert you guys. Just be patient with him. You will be glad to have a friend knowing the right and godly things to do and to guide you, guys.

Don't think that being a born-again christian only means praying, bible reading, worship, etc. Hey, we can also have a good time! We have great time having fun but minus drinking our heads off, laughing about our great sexcapades, laughing at somebody, etc.

Hindi porke christian e boring na at di na marunong makisaya...

Don't think that if you cannot be converted into his religion, he doesn't want to be friends with you anymore. Though it doesn't hurt if you try. But when he comes to realize that "he cannot change the world", he will loosen up a bit and start accepting that his friends cannot be like him but will still be his friends just the same.
  • inthedarknessinthedarkness not anymore PExer
    sw33tmilk wrote:
    It's not so bad after all. You friend is just still "high" in finding his new religion, most baby christians are. Their goals, all of a sudden, is to convert you guys. Just be patient with him. You will be glad to have a friend knowing the right and godly things to do and to guide you, guys.

Don't think that being a born-again christian only means praying, bible reading, worship, etc. Hey, we can also have a good time! We have great time having fun but minus drinking our heads off, laughing about our great sexcapades, laughing at somebody, etc.

Hindi porke christian e boring na at di na marunong makisaya...

Don't think that if you cannot be converted into his religion, he doesn't want to be friends with you anymore. Though it doesn't hurt if you try. But when he comes to realize that "he cannot change the world", he will loosen up a bit and start accepting that his friends cannot be like him but will still be his friends just the same.

AMEN! Christians are radical worshippers!
  • melquiadesmelquiades Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    palagi ba kayo nanonood sa channel 37, eli soriano?
  • lucky_pinaylucky_pinay Member PExer
    you should not take it against your friend that he suddenly wants you to become a christian like him...he is thinking about your own good, your salvation. he wants you to find the happiness he has found in God.

and really when you search deep enough inside you, you will surely know for yourself that what he is saying is true, God is real and Jesus is real. it is really difficult to be converted suddenly like he was, God is in him that is why he is able to be like he is, because even i admit that the former pursuit of his is actually quite enjoyable if he had not found God.
  • AdaAda Administrator PEx Moderator
    melquiades wrote:
    palagi ba kayo nanonood sa channel 37, eli soriano?
    Eli Soriano isn't a born-again Christian.
  • eastereaster Pinoy PExer
    The biggest difference between a Born-Again Christian and others is that people get to Heaven not on how good they are or about the goods things they have done or are doing right now. Man is a sinner and he gets to heaven when he puts faith in Jesus and that Jesus' sacrifice on the cross is enough to take away his sins and that person will go into Heaven when he dies.

Unlike others that always teaches we have to do this good thing or that work. Being born-again is admitting that you are a sinner, a person with a dirty heart and nothing you can do can merit you a ticket to Heaven.

Only the blood of Jesus Christ gives you a pass to Heaven.

"he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior" (Titus 3:5-6)

"Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them." (Hebrews 7:25)

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast."

for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."(Romans 10:13)

Pls Read: http://www.turningpointonline.org/howto.html

This is the reason why Born-Again Christians are always excited when they talk about God. Biro mo wala kang kakayahang pumunta sa langit pero nagsakripisyo si Kristo for you. Mga kasalanan mo binura niyang lahat!

Wag po kayong magagalit sa mga kaibigan ninyo or kamag-anak na nagkukuwento sa inyo. Di po ba kapag may napanood tayong magandang pelikula or may nangyaring maganda sa buhay natin ay ikinukuwento natin sa ating mga mahal sa buhay di po ba?

Nagkukuwento po sila sa inyo kasi mahal nila kayo at concerned sila sa inyo. Sana po habang nagkukuwento sila ay:

1. Makinig tayo.
    2. Magtanong tayo. Himayin ang kanilang sinasabi.
    3. Pag-isipan natin ang kanilang mga sinabi.

Wala pong pilitan yan. Kung ayaw po ninyo ok lang or kung gusto naman ninyo eh tanungin sila kung ano ang magandang susunod na gagawin.

Salamat po.
  • jaypogijaypogi hmm... pogi ba talaga? PExer
    kwento ko lang,

for me, most of my friends are enjoying it. I invited some of them to our Youth Fellowship, they had a great time. I asked them and they said "iba ung feeling".
  • Henry VHenry V Member PExer
    Third World Catholicism is awesome. You can lie, cheat, steal, (or if you're a politico or military) kill, commit adultery, worship money, 6 days of the week. Go to Sunday, pray to some wooden idols, BAM--you're clean again. Then go back to your routine for the rest of the week. Funny how Third World Catholic countries are also near the bottom of the economic barrel?
  • baklitabaklita taas kilay PExer

nagsalita ang magaling... mababaw talga ang tingin ni albino
    sa ibang di nya kalahi. gawa ng puti si jim jones, de vaah?

aihihihi!!!

baklita

• orangepinkorangepink orange != pink PExer
    I had an officemate na ganyan din....he's very vocal about his faith. there's nothing wrong with that (it's even admirable) but I don't like it when he starts giving out sermons in the most unlikely situations. sa loob ko, i wanted to just tell him "hey, live your own life and i'll live mine" but then again, if i said that out loud naku walang katapusan na yung sermon niya...so even when he keeps recruiting me to his fellowship, i never go there...i don't want to end up like him.
  • flimmeryrose741flimmeryrose741 Banned by Admin PExer
    Hi hello this is from my blog. I have kasi this aunt na born again and ito yung ayaw ko sa kanya:

1. Harry Potter is wicked. My aunt Sue told me that the spirit behind Harry Potter is witchcraft which is evil. I still read HP whatever she says but I just hide it. One day, we went to a christian store and she found a book that says "Is their God in HP?". She picked it up but didn't read it. She taught it would explain how bad and evil HP is but she was wrong. When we went home, I started reading the book. After reading 10 pages, the christian author admitted that there is nothing wrong with HP and indeed it's just a story about bravery and being a good person and its even christian. She then spotted me and I don't know why but she ask me to hand over the book. I did and she almost got an heart attack when she read even just a few pages. She said that the author is a raw christian, that he was fake, blah,blah. After criticizing, she then paid me money to have the book back and she gave it to my little cousin so he could tear it up. She then made a sermon about real christians and fakes, heaven and hell. My cousin listen intently while I just watch him tear each pages which made me think of Nazis burning the Holy Bible.

2. Born-again christian is about accepting Jesus and God's existence then you go Heaven. You don't have to do good things, you don't even have to be a good person which contradicts the Roman Catholic teaching. Anyway, the problem is she always tell me that there is no religion and it's actually the problemo in this world. Honestly, she criticize every other religion. The way she say it, it is like born-again christian is the only religion that is real. She even said that in Germany she had a neigbor that is Muslim who tries to befriend them but she ignores them. She even won't allow her young son to play with them. Now why is that?. She is afraid he might get converted. Well, I don't think he will if he has a strong belief in her so called religion.

Basta marami pang iba. Ganito ba talaga mga born-again christians?.. they are so annoying.. pati rin mga mormons super annoying.. confused na tuloy ako kung ano yung religion.. instead of believing in God.. parang i am doubtful na dahil sa kanila..
  • fiery_idsfiery_ids big 4mat PExer
    many (not all) of those who claim to be born again are emotionally hyped up. they think they can change the world with a flick of a finger. they go to great lengths of telling others how they should behave, what should be said, & etc..many of them were taught by their "disciplers" to avoid their "worldly" friends so as not to jeopardize their newfound faith. they would brand us in the outside world as "unbelievers", "sinners" and what have you's..no doubt this has what happened to the friend of the thread strater..tsk.tsk.
  • ayaneayane Member PExer
    i have friends who are born-again christians...

...they're the most fun to be with... especially this one friend who always talk about her mom (sana di niya mabasa :lol: )...

...nakwento niya ko sa mom niya... so the mom thinking she wanted to save me, went to church to "pray for me." that night, as my friend said, her mom arrived home her head aching and said, "ang lakas ng powers ng friend mo, nung nag-start na ko ipag-pray siya... biglang sumakit ulo ko ng sobra!" :rotflmao:

so the next day, kasama na sister niya... and the same thing happened... they arrived home masakit ulo... kaya joke nila sakin ngayon...

"the dark side is strong in you, child." :rotflmao:
  • mysweetie75mysweetie75 not interested PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Ay oo, bf ko din na kaka takot din mag sermon sakin. He is protestant... i think they also call themselves born again. Anyway, i hate the way they criticize catholics (me). Parang binabastos ako. Tapos sasabihin nya that's why they're called protestants becoz they protest about everthing! I used to argue with him... but now, i just think what A-holes protestants are!
  • sophiegraysophiegray Member PExer
    Even after we accepted Christ, we are still called sinners. Just like non-Christians, we commit sins because of temptations. Christians struggles to be good, with the grace of God. As Christians, we are called to love all people, and spread the Gospel. When Christians try to share the Gospel, it's because he/she cares so much about you that he/she would like to enjoy the gift of the Lord. Pls check out http://www.secretsofsuccess.com, and perhaps you will better understand what Christianity is all about.
  • dexterbt1dexterbt1 Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Here's my brief summary of what it means to be "born again":

Christianity is a personal relationship with Christ, having Jesus rule over your life instead of ourselves following our own will. We are "born again" when we begin this lasting relationship. Several things happen: We acknowledge our own sinfulness. We acknowledge our need for forgiveness and salvation. With this, we accept our need of Jesus to save us, to be the Lord of our life, for He died for our sins, and resurrected back from the dead, to justify us all. Salvation is a gift, not earned by us, only given by God if we're willing to receive it. Now, upon this wonderful event, we begin as a new creation, adopted as children of God, born of the Holy Spirit to convict us to true repentance: the turning back to God, leaving behind the old sinful ways, in pursuit of holiness / standard God dictates.
    --- key verses from the new testament:
    John 1:13; 3:3, 5,6,7,8. Galatians 4:29. 1 Peter 1:3, 23. 1 John 2:29; 3:9; 4:7; 5:1; 4, 18 ... (I suggest more Bible readings for us all to understand His very purpose behind this)

I hope for all the people reading here, especially those who haven't yet accepted Jesus, to be enlightend somehow how it is to have the peace and love of the Lord.

Now, as for the general reactions, yes, I have to admit some people might get surprised, even turned off / offended with the behavior of some Christians. I pray you guys won't generalize. But yes, I have to share that knowing Christ is life-changing, I invite you to experience it! Note, that being in the Lord's love is hindi boring, in fact every day becomes more joyful, cheerful, really! =D. As for us all, hindi tayo perfect, Christians man o Non-Christians. But nothing stops us from striving to be perfect, Jesus as our example, in guidance of the Holy Spirit. I hope we won't generalize and be judgemental.

Agree with @sophiegray, we Christians should be compelled with love, patience and understanding to the mission of sharing the Good News. Our life changing U-turn back to Christ helps a lot in drawing people to Christ. That is why we need to be living testaments of what God intends us to be.

Yes, we may stumble along the way, we may be tempted, worse slide-back, but we should always pray and seek the Lord's forgiveness; Always trusting/faithful in His guidance and protection against these bad things.

For rudeness / "suplado dating" / "ma-sermon" behavior, remember, we all should learn sharing our faith with more love, patience and gentleness. (forgot the exact verses for these, basta) :)

God bless all!
  • TrippyTrippy ACNT Permanently Disabled PExer
    on the other hand. i just told myself that part of my faith is to respect other faiths, no matter how that faith reminded me of some not so good things about my past. =)

God bless.
  • sophiegraysophiegray Member PExer
    Being a Christian has lots of struggles, but it is also very fulfilling. Without my Christian faith, I think I feel lost right now!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file