Home PEx Business and Careers Call Centers and Call Center Jobs

CEBUANOS!!! any interest in call center?

calling out all cebuanos, if you want to have a career in call center please post your questions here... ;)

Comments

• any new call center in cebu???? *okay*
  • are you from cebu? if yes, you can go to university of southern philippines foundation and submit your resume at the rizal hall. the call center will soon open and we are hiring 150 people by 1st week of march. if you have friends who are interested also, they are as well welcome.
  • ^ nice to hear that Cebu will have Callcenter... kaya lang... paano yon .. meron kayong regional accent? e sometimes rude ang mga Kano... im sorry im just asking...
    peace po tau dyan sa Cebu...
  • not exactly. there are many call centers in cebu already and they are doing very well.
  • excuse me!!! dont generalize all cebuanos, we have better accent that you do!!! im frm convergys cebu.. we are even handling the toughest acct here in cvg..... it must be case to case basis.. bkt b lahat b ng taga manila are better??? bet your wrong huh????.......... anywys. wats d name of the new call cnter??? tanx 4 d info....
  • hey etelecare cebu is doing good dats why they keep on hiring peepz cz of their excellent perfrmance... cvg cebu is even doing good in csat and etc, dude, do sme research frst before you hit the ground.. ok??? you are in th :bop: :bop: :bop: e lossing grip..
  • JeffreywJeffreyw PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Mathew wrote:
    ^ nice to hear that Cebu will have Callcenter... kaya lang... paano yon .. meron kayong regional accent? e sometimes rude ang mga Kano... im sorry im just asking...

:D
    This is a common and popular notion. I think you got this wrong mentality of Cebuano's accent by watching too much tagalog movies where the bisayan atsays are the object of ridicule.

Cebuanos or any Visayans have better diction than Manilans. Visayans pronounce the word uncle as uncoal, Manilans speak it as angkell. :rotflmao:
    Google as googoal, googell by tagalogs. :lol:

And a friend also told me just yesterday that Visayans are preferred in the call centers than Manilans.

Disclaimer: I dont know where she got that info. She probably is biased because she's from Cebu. ;)
  • excuse me!!! dont generalize all cebuanos, we have better accent that you do!!! im frm convergys cebu.. we are even handling the toughest acct here in cvg..... it must be case to case basis.. bkt b lahat b ng taga manila are better??? bet your wrong huh????.......... anywys. wats d name of the new call cnter??? tanx 4 d info....

the new callcenter will be handled by usp lahug. Cant disclose the name of the company yet since it will be starting up. If you are interested please pm me your particulars then i will call you for interview.
  • FendeR_21FendeR_21 PEx Rookie ⭐
    Mathew wrote:
    ^ nice to hear that Cebu will have Callcenter... kaya lang... paano yon .. meron kayong regional accent? e sometimes rude ang mga Kano... im sorry im just asking...

i know you didnt mean to be rude pero... dont ever ever generalize the bisaya breed, are we really that dirt bad to you manila guys? peace out!
  • Papichulo168Papichulo168 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Americans will not be able to distinguish a Cebuano regional accent from a Tagalog regional accent. What they can distinguish though is a regional accent from an American accent.

I worked with eTel before and had the opportunity to work with Cebuanos and what I can say about our southern brothers and sisters is that they have excellent work ethic. From training to actual time on the floor. Walang mga pasaway.

The only thing I noticed though is that they got this humongous chip on their shoulders. Sobrang sensitive. Ang daming grievances. Feeling nila parang inaapi parati sila ng mga taga Manila.

But if I had a choice, I can deal with chips on shoulders rather than the "pasaway" attitude that seems to be gaining popularity in CC society.

Kaya for my fellow Manile?os, better keep the "pasaway" attitude in check because CC investors may make their move down south. We might end up working as maids and houseboys in Cebu. (O, that was a joke everyone... :naughty: )

;)
  • everyone's ditching convergys due to mismanagement. it's the rise and fall of the roman empire once again. bad leaders do it all the time.
  • FendeR_21 wrote:
    i know you didnt mean to be rude pero... dont ever ever generalize the bisaya breed, are we really that dirt bad to you manila guys? peace out!

SOrry po.. yun lang.... ( cencya na natopak e )

peace mga Cebuanos...
  • JeffreywJeffreyw PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    If you have the chance to be in Cebu, you can observe first hand how english is widely used in that island. In job interviews, in seminars or other similar activities - english is used. Sa church service, or other similar discussions, practically english ang ginagamit. Even in the internet forums based in Cebu, 80 to 90 percent english posts.

www.istorya.net - a popular Cebu-based community.

When i am in Manila, i get to speak english if i cant properly talk in tagalog.

Presently, i live near UST. The students here converse mostly in tagalog when i passed by them. But when i was in UP Cebu years ago, halos nag e english po mga chicks do'n :p.
  • FendeR_21FendeR_21 PEx Rookie ⭐
    Mathew wrote:
    SOrry po.. yun lang.... ( cencya na natopak e )

peace mga Cebuanos...

ok lang bro! kinda used na kami... pinoy pa rin tayo! eheh
  • ito b ung cebu global teleservices inc????:naughty:
  • are you from cebu? if yes, you can go to university of southern philippines foundation and submit your resume at the rizal hall. the call center will soon open and we are hiring 150 people by 1st week of march. if you have friends who are interested also, they are as well welcome.

where's this USP foundation located? is this in lahug?...i'm interested here..i can bring my friend too...:)
  • whats the name of that new call center pls?????
  • ito b ung cebu global teleservices inc????:naughty:

underbridge - no its not cebu global teleservices. its handled by usp for a private client and i cannot disclose the client for the moment...
  • where's this USP foundation located? is this in lahug?...i'm interested here..i can bring my friend too...:)

yes, the usp foundation is located in lahug. you can submit your resume at the rizal hall and ask when your schedule for training be... you can bring lots of friends if you want... see you then. :)
  • so, wheres the site located??? ilang agents be ung e hire nyu???*peace*