Home PEx Hobbies Pets and Animals

Where To Buy Aquarium Supplies?

Aside from Bio Research, does anybody know of a good aquarium shop, those that really know what they are talking about and also have a wide range of aquarium products? Of course, with maybe lots of variety of fishes.

Comments

• I have 5 aquariums ranging from 50 gallons to 85 gallons so I guess I qualify. :D I buy my supplies from a subdivision at the corner of Mindanao Ave and Congressional Ave. I forgot the name but it has one of the widest collection of fishes and supplies I've seen so far and its cheaper than others. When you enter the subdivision gate go right on the first corner then right again.

Di ka magsisisi pre.

:rpflag:
  • Shofixti wrote:
    I have 5 aquariums ranging from 50 gallons to 85 gallons so I guess I qualify. :D I buy my supplies from a subdivision at the corner of Mindanao Ave and Congressional Ave. I forgot the name but it has one of the widest collection of fishes and supplies I've seen so far and its cheaper than others. When you enter the subdivision gate go right on the first corner then right again.

Di ka magsisisi pre.

Thanks Shofixti, maybe I'll visit that shop within this week.
    How are the prices of the fishes and supplies, are they reasonable?
    Also, do the people who manage the store seem knowledgeable?
  • silkysmoothsilkysmooth PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Try going to Cartimar.
  • The prices are a lot cheaper than mall petshops. They're knowledgeable but will try to put one over you if you don't know anything about fishes. Anything for a profit.

The fish food and aquarium supplies are the cheapest I've seen.

• Try going to Cartimar.

How do I get to Cartimar?
  • its along taft, a bit near DLSU.. hehehe
  • its along taft, a bit near DLSU.. hehehe

How do I get there. If I ride the LRT, what station do I go down on?
  • not 100,000,000 percent sure but im sure its Gil Puyat if im not mistaken :P
  • kennethkpe wrote:
    not 100,000,000 percent sure but im sure its Gil Puyat if im not mistaken :P

Walking distance or do I need to ride something?
  • You'll find everything you need in CARTIMAR (near BUENDIA-TAFT intersection)
  • silkysmoothsilkysmooth PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Gil Puyat station of the LRT. From the station to Cartimar, you can actually walk but might as well take a tricycle. Since it is probably half a kilometer away plus you can just ask the tricycle driver to take you to the petshops so that you will not waste time looking for it.
  • Cartimar is not that hard to find, and not too far from LRT-Gil Puyat.

From Gil Puyat station, exit on the Jollibee side (wag sa Nirvana/pub side) then walk for less than 5 mins going to Libertad. yung unang kanto sa kanan ay ang entrance ng Cartimar. Cartimar's center is for bikes and shoes, right side ay para sa pets.

Or exit on the same side tapos punta ka sa kabilang block (likod ng Jollibee) then lakad ka patungong Libertad ulit. landmarks are the Atrium Suites sa kaliwa, Victoria Court (dating Vinta Lodge) sa kanan... then magugulat ka na lang at puro kahayupan at kaisdaan na makikita mo sa paligid. mas mabilis ang route na ito, you'll be there in no time.

kahit kanino mo itanong, ituturo ka sa mga daan na ito. less than 5 mins by foot, no need for pedicabs or trikes.
  • Thanks to all of you for the info. I'll try to go this weekend and I'll report back here on my experience. :D
  • buhay pa ba ang petshops sa aranque along recto? diba dun meron ding pet supplies, so malamang presyong masa dun, recto pa!
  • dark_halfdark_half PEx Rookie ⭐
    Shofixti wrote:
    I have 5 aquariums ranging from 50 gallons to 85 gallons so I guess I qualify. :D I buy my supplies from a subdivision at the corner of Mindanao Ave and Congressional Ave. I forgot the name but it has one of the widest collection of fishes and supplies I've seen so far and its cheaper than others. When you enter the subdivision gate go right on the first corner then right again.

Di ka magsisisi pre.

hi Shofixti!
    would you remember now the name of the village and the petshop?

Thanks!
  • sarap magtingin-tingin ng animals sa cartimar! my boyfriend plans to fix an aquarium for me, salt water creatures ang ilalagay... mahirap kaya alagaan yun?

:bomb:
  • aze24aze24 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    sa Cartimar.
  • sa Cartimar mas maganda yata quality ng mga Animals doon...

Shofixti!!? Astig ang name mo ah, naalala ko tuloy yung Starcon... dun mo ba nakuha yang name na yan?
  • Yes. I call them suicidal carebears.
  • We are in Las Pinas city, you can buy from our farm all kind of salt water philippine fish and invertebrates...