Home PEx Lifestyle Health and Wellness
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

To SMILEWARRIOR>>>>:)

Sir gusto ko lang po mag tanong pumunta po kase ako sa dentist ko kanina yung ipin ko po sa baba e kulang na ng apat 2 sa kabilang side 2 den sa kabilang side mga 3 yirs na pong walang ipin yun so ang nanyare yung ngipin ko sa harapan nag karoon ng gap ngayon po tinanong ko sa dentist ko kung anu gagawin para maayos ung gap na yun kase po ang panget tingnan sabe nya po saken lagyan daw po ng ipin fix bridge daw po then pastahan yung ipin sa harap para mawala yung gap then sabe nya kung gusto ko daw braces nalang ngayon po kung fix bridge pagagawa ko it will cost 30k porcelain na pinakamura na daw po yun ang inaalala ko naman ho masasayang naman ung ipin ko na paliliitin para kapitan nung fix bridbe at yung papasta sa unahan la naman den kaseng cra tanong ko lang po ok lang po ba na mag braces ako at magkano po kaya aabutin nun pag sa baba lang thnk u po sana po masagot nyu tanong ko....

Comments

• smilewarriorsmilewarrior PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    finepnoi: Usually when I'm asked here at Pex if it's ok to only have braces only on the upper teeth or only on the lower teeth I would usually recommend to have braces placed on both the upper and the lower teeth as it is very difficult to control the final outcome with so little attachments.

When all the teeth have attachements, that is what is termed as Full Corrective Orthodontics. Prices for this range from P80,000 to P160,000 depending on which orthodontist treats you and whether the orthodontist is young and just starting or has been practising for a very long time.

There is such a thing as Adjunctive orthodontics. Here, only several attachments are placed as the objective is not correct the positions of all the teeth but only to prepare the teeth for placement of a dental prosthesis such as a fixed bridge or a denture.

Adjunctive orthodontics is cheaper, it's possible to do this on only the lower teeth or only on the upper teeth but control of the results will be very limited. It is cheaper as you might spend P30,000 to P50,000.

You cannot expect miracles to happen with adjunctive orthodontics and you have to be fully aware of the possible results later on as midway in the treatment you might decide to have Full Corrective Orthodontics instead.

I would strongly suggest that you need to visit an orthodontist to have yourself assesed. An orthodontist will be able to ***** your case (after analyzing your xrays, pictures and model cast) and determine whether you could be a candidate for adjunctive orthodontics or if what you need is full corrective orthodontics. He or she can explain to you the possible consequences and the possible outcome of whatever treatment choice you favor.

Please tell me where in the Philippines it would be convenient for you to visit an orthodontist and I'll refer you to one.

By the way, a well made bridge lasts for 10 years.

May I ask, are the teeth missing front teeth or back teeth? Are they molars (big teeth at the back), or premolars ( the teeth between your molars and your canines/pangil) or your incisors (referring to your front teeth).

With 4 missing teeth, you might actually need bridges or a denture after the braces are finished (the fee for braces only includes braces so you'll also be paying a separate fee for the bridges).
  • ganun po ba salamat po! yung ngipin po na wala sa back po yung kasunod nung pinakalast na ngipin tas ung katabe nung wla meron tas yung kasunod wala na ulit mag kabilang side ganun po yung wala.. hinde po ba pwede na yung sa baba lang lagyan ng braces pra hinde naman po ganun ka mahal kase ok naman po ung ngipin ko sa taas im from laguna po pala...
  • o im sory ok lng po pla mag braces iether both upper and lower mga mag kanun naman po kaya pag sa baba lang
    o im sory ok lng po pla mag braces iether both upper and lower mga mag kanun naman po kaya pag sa baba lang

Hello finepnoi, nasagot ko na ito sa una kung post, ito yun:
    Adjunctive orthodontics is cheaper, it's possible to do this on only the lower teeth or only on the upper teeth but control of the results will be very limited. It is cheaper as you might spend P30,000 to P50,000.

You cannot expect miracles to happen with adjunctive orthodontics and you have to be fully aware of the possible results later on as midway in the treatment you might decide to have Full Corrective Orthodontics (P80,000 to P160,000) instead.
    yung ngipin po na wala sa back po yung kasunod nung pinakalast na ngipin tas ung katabe nung wla meron tas yung kasunod wala na ulit mag kabilang side ganun po yung wala..

^^Pasensya na, hindi ko ito maintindihan.

Ganito na lang, may bagang (molars) ka pa ba sa ibaba? Panay malaki or maliit ba yung mga natirang ipin sa ibaba?

Since you're from Laguna, the closest orthodontist to you is:

Dr. Mary Melanie Aquino
    Fort Med Clinics Sta Rosa
    2/F Paseo de Sta. Rosa Comm'l Complex
    Bgy. Don Jose, Sta. Rosa, Laguna
    (02) 844-0156

here is her other office in case you can't contact her at her Laguna clinic:

Fort Med Clinics Makati
    3rd Flr. Equitable Bank Bldg.
    Paseo de Roxas cor. Gil Puyat Ave., Makati
    897-9111 loc. 120
  • o sory po kung d nyu na intindihan oo meron pa po akong bagang yung kasunod po nun ang nawala tnx den po dun sa info about the doctor try ko pong puntahan nxt week salamat po talaga
    You're welcome finepnoi.

I need to stress again that Adjunctive orthodontics has it's limits. Depending on the difficulty of your case, there might be chance you will need the more expensive Full Corrective Orthodontics.

There is a chance that the Orthodontist will prefer to put braces on both your upper and lower teeth for better control. I'm telling you this so that you won't be suprised if the orthodontist tells you that adjunctive orthodontics (putting attachments on only some and not all the teeth).

Also, please read my very first post here several times. A lot of the answers to your questions are answered there.

Again:
    1. Adjunctive Orthodontics: P30,000 to P50,000
    2. Full Corrective Orthodontics: P80,000 to P160,000

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file