Home PEx Lifestyle Health and Wellness
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

heavy weights with lesser reps OR light weight with more reps?

grouchlandgrouchland PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
i'm trying to lose inches by doing aerobic exercises and lifting weights. which is better: 1) lifting heavy weights with lesser reps or 2) lifting light weight with more reps?

i'm asking because i read somewhere that building muscle mass increases metabolism but i'm afraid that if i lift heavy weights that i'll bulk up instead of losing inches and fat.

comments please. :)

Comments

• cardio n proper diet will help you lose inches. lifting weight builds muscles.
  • grouchlandgrouchland PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    thanks you101! but what if i want to add definition while losing weight? should i lift heavier or lighter weights? increase or decrease the reps?
  • from what i know, lifting heavy will build more muscle mass. try posting at the bodybuilding forum. there are people there that are more knowledgaeable than me.
  • hi there...more reps less weight. it's the frequency that does the trick this is according to my trainer.
  • Honestly, most trainers don't know jack about training.
  • yup, that's right, mas ok ang more reps and less wt. builds endurance too..kung magsisimula ka agad sa heavy wts baka magkaron ka ng muscle strain, spasm and/or soreness dahil mabibigla ka..so it's better to start with lesser wts..mga 2-3 wks after starting the everyday program saka mo mapapansin ang effect, pero hindi naman lalaki agad muscles mo..medyo magiging defined lang..that's better i guess..and yeah mas nakaka-increase ng metabolism kasi the muscles that we're exercising need more blood ;-D
  • blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Expert 🎖️
    use a weight comfortable enough. The reps adn weight are irrelevant in losing weight. its poper dieting and energy consumed and burnt by your body that will help determine. We have discussed this endlessly in the bodybuilding forums. If you have more questions, just PM me

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file