Home PEx Sports PBA

Talk n' Text Open for Trades

from Tempo

TNT faces shakeup
By NOLI CRUZ

All lines are busy these days for the Talk ‘N Text Phone Pals.

The Phone Pals are said to be putting all their players – save for Asi Taulava and Jimmy Alapag – on the trading block aside from the persistent rumor of an impending overhaul in the coaching staff.

A source said the Phone Pals are shopping for a blue-chipper who may provide them the extra push in their bid to rebound from a disappointing bottom half finish in the ongoing Fiesta Conference and win another PBA title.

But so far, all they’re getting are responses that sound like “sorry please try your call later.”
San Miguel Beermen coach Jong Uichico confirmed that the Phone Pals have tried to forge a deal with them but didn’t work out.

“We’ve laid our cards pero untouchable naman ‘yung gusto naming makuha from them,” he said.

Uichico refused to name the players involved in the exploratory talk but hinted that they are eyeing a playmaker.

Another source said that the Phone Pals are asking him if he knows a dependable player available in the market.

“They’re looking for free-agents,” the source said.

Efforts to contact team manager Frankie Lim and coach Joel Banal proved futile.

The Phone Pals are built to win championships.

They have former MVPs Taulava and Willie Miller, perennial mythical five member Alapag and sweet-shooting big men Mark Telan and Victor Pablo, reliable sub-point guard Felix Belano and rookie first round picks Anthony Washing-ton and Mark Cardona.

But instead of improving their runner-up finish in the pre vious two conferences, the Phone Pals suffered their worst finish under Banal after bowing to upcoming Air21 Express in the quarterfinals.

Not helping their cause is the injury of hardworking rein-forcement Damien Cantrell

Comments

• The 2 untouchable sa TNT are Alapag and Asi
  • adonis827adonis827 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ang sakit naman yata kay miller iyan kung mabasa niya na tradeable lang siya
  • ^di na kasi gaya nung dati yung laro niya. i think simula nung nagkainjury siya... *pexadik*
  • tsaka baka ayaw ng management yun pangisi-ngisi sya tuwing naglalaro! :D diba nga medyo pinagsabihan siya ni alapag during a their game against air21?
  • But I doubt if they will easilly let go of Miller, syempre maghahanap management ng player na mataas din market value like him
  • this just means that talent alone does not bring you a championship....
  • Big Ticket wrote:
    this just means that talent alone does not bring you a championship....

definitely! Sometimes kasi some of them tend to play on their own.. And about bowing to air21, i think Damian's injury hurt them the most...
  • Big Ticket wrote:
    this just means that talent alone does not bring you a championship....
    Are you saying Joel is.....

May magagalit niyan :D
  • baludoybaludoy Nag me-meron PEx Expert 🎖️
    every team eliminated in this conference is wheeling and dealing ah...looks like next season would be very interesting and exciting:)
  • magandang offer ito sa mga teams na naalis agad para maka pag rebuild sila!! maganda ang all filipino next confrence, im sure maraming players ang lilipat ng ibat ibang team..

sobra nman si uichico ang gsto nya kunin eh si alapag!! sira pala ulo nya eh ace point guard un ng talk and tex eh!! siguro kung bobo ang mangement ng TNT baka pwede pa ung gsto mangyari ni uichico..hahahahha..kaso hindi bopol ang TNT!! hehehe...
  • kung yun mga magagaling na players natra-trade, si alapag pa kaya....anyone in the league is expendable...you'll never know...we never expected miller (MVP) and duremdes (MVP rin) to be traded when they were still in their prime..draft picks lang kapalit ng mga yan..
  • ManyakitsManyakits PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    they'd be hard put to find takers for max-salary vic pablo
  • Big Ticket wrote:
    kung yun mga magagaling na players natra-trade, si alapag pa kaya....anyone in the league is expendable...you'll never know...we never expected miller (MVP) and duremdes (MVP rin) to be traded when they were still in their prime..draft picks lang kapalit ng mga yan..

i agree.. kaya lang looking at pg position ngayon sa PBA.. helterbrand is the only other pg close to alapag.. yung kay duremdes dati, kaya napilitan ang alaska i-trade siya kasi nalulugi na sila kasi napalaki at napakatagal ng contract ni duremdes.. kung di ako nagkakamali, 8-years yata un.. yung kay miller naman, i think he asked for a trade or akala ng RB magaling si denver lopez kaya hinayaan na nila si miller... tingnan mo kung sinama ng tnt si alapag sa pwedeng i-trade halos lahat ng ibang team kakagatin yan.. *pexadik*
  • Bat hindi gano ginagamit si cardona and washington? i trade na lang nila
  • j-wash is injured

cardona kalaban c miller, gelig, alapag (?), belano(?) sa playing time.
  • KobeWanKenobiKobeWanKenobi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    TNT should wait until after the conference ends. It gives them a chance to talk to all teams and get the best possible offer. Acting now will be premature.
  • ateneo10ateneo10 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    They have former MVPs Taulava and Willie Miller, perennial mythical five member Alapag and sweet-shooting big men Mark Telan and Victor Pablo, reliable sub-point guard Felix Belano and rookie first round picks Anthony Washing-ton and Mark Cardona.

tnt management should sit back and think hard: if they just drafted villanueva over enrico, they wouldn't be telling themselves this now.

what they have to show for is telan, who, on his best day, will not make a big man, and belano, who, on his best day, i would not trade for paolo hubalde.

they should just remember that they have no bench because carey is not a player, belano is not a very good player and telan needed to go to the states and back to be a basketball player.

miller, alapag and pablo with asi is not enough because cantrell went out.

they should make their moves if nothing happens in the afc
  • Gide0nGide0n PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    tama, dapat antayin muna nila ang AFC. kung wala pa ring mangyayari, dapat pati buong coaching staff isama nila sa mga babaguhin.
  • villanueva over enrico? wat u saying man?

telan - 9.2 ppg in 22 games, i think that's decent...marunong magbasketball yun in my opinion...galit ka lang kay telan....loosen up!

maybe yun mga guys averaging 4 pts or less na all-star ang dapat ipadala sa amerika....wat u think?
  • got word from a PBA assistant coach that he heard that JWash got an offer from a NBDL team.