Home PEx Sports PBA

TNT/SMB trade did not push through!

ThanThan PExer
Tnt & Smb had exploratory talks, the phonepals put all their players in the trading block except for Asi & Alapag.
Tnt called Smb management to forge a deal but coach Jong Uichico said the deal did not push through because the only player they ask for is untouchable & that is Jimmy Alapag!
See, as what I've posted in "Passe"=Jong Uichico, we could have had Jimmy before for free but Jong passed on him eventhough consultant Ron Jacobs told him to get Alapag when available in that years draft.
Jong decided to take Legazpi then & was eventually traded the following year for almost nothing, Eric Canlas!

Comments

• sayang!!! *pexadik*
  • well, the reason why Jong didn't take Jimmy because of Jimmy's height and built of 5`7. He was a question mark if he can perform and deliver well in the pba. Marlon Legazpi was more tried and tested in philippine soil compared to Alapag at that time. Plus Jong still has a Racela. Racela and Jimmy plays the similar position. Mababangko lang si Jimmy till his contract expires in SMB. Lahat naman ng draft picks ng smb nababangko lang sa bench. Jong prefers his oldie players than give the rookies he drafted to develop in the game. That's why, ang mga aspiring draftees pray hard na hindi sila madraft ng SMB cos walang mangyayari sa career nila as long as Racela, Ildefonso, Belasco, Pena, Hontiveros and so on are still active in the roster.
  • adonis827adonis827 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    pero si jimmy played for the national team so somehow kilala na siya on draft day. if jimmy's height and built was an issue before, then are you saying that jong has now learned from his mistake now now that he is keen on drafting la?
  • well the fact is SMB really sucks on draft day.. pero in terms of acquiring players via trade or free agency, they rule!!
  • they had olsen (who was the best PG then) and boybits (a very reliable PG) nun kaya they passed up on alapag...

dont blame uichico alone, 7-8 teams also passed up on jimmy....sisi silang lahat ngayon!
  • ask ko na rin, who did smb put in the trading block in their talk with tnt?
  • kahit sino pa ilagay nila...alapag is untouchable..kaya it didn't push through
  • It's not as simple as i thought, it's deeper pala. Now, the names Alapag & Miller surfaces. While Tnt is asking for Danny Seigle & Dondon Hontiveros.
    That's why their at stalemate right now.
    Smb is also trading for Cablay.
  • Around 2004, Tim Cone said Mike Cortez, Brandon Cablay, and Sonny Thoss are untouchables. let's see if he has changed his mind...
  • Than wrote:
    It's not as simple as i thought, it's deeper pala. Now, the names Alapag & Miller surfaces. While Tnt is asking for Danny Seigle & Dondon Hontiveros.
    That's why their at stalemate right now.
    Smb is also trading for Cablay.

ha? parang d ko na gets? so parang jimmy and miller for danny s and hontiveros? hhmmmm... if that would be the case, sino mas lugi? i think SMB....
  • ^
    ^
    Swak! Gets mo naman pala e. Yun na nga.
  • ^^ Hmm.. do u think SMB would buy that? I dont think they are willing to give danny s and don don..
  • ^^ they will never give dondon away. tulad nga ng sabi eh si dondon eh untradable.
  • ^^ how about danny s, is he also untouchable?
  • ganun? so its alapag & miller for ds & don2. so since "untouchable" sina alapag and don2 sa respective teams nila. eh di ds and miller na lang para naman magchamp na tnt.galing!!! tnt will have the best 3 players in their respective position, asi, jimmy and danny s! sna matuloy para magkatotoo na dream ni mvp!!!
  • zinnia wrote:
    ^^ how about danny s, is he also untouchable?

si DH daw ang untouchable, not danny seigle! kaya d ma push thru ang trade because tnt wants a package deal. ds and dondon daw.
  • ^^ well, i doubt if papayag naman SMB for that trade between miller and danny s. With respect to miller ha, but i think danny s plays better than miller esp at his best, may height advantage pa...
  • ^^ yikes so open for trade si Danny S. Pero i doubt if magkakaroon pa nga ng trades kasi i think theya re also considering changes sa coaching staff nila.

BTW, Janda, are you a TNT fan? :)
  • smb and tnt kafatid. so if ever ds goes to tnt, fine by me. gusto ko nrin nmang makitang magchamp tnt eh. hehe
  • alaska is now in the picture.....gumaganda off-season ah...