Home PEx International Entertainment General Entertainment
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

2005 Screen Actors Guild Awards

Here are the winners... It's not yet done but here's the partial list...

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role: Philip Seymour Hoffman / CAPOTE

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role: Reese Witherspoon / WALK THE LINE

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role: Paul Giamatti / CINDERELLA MAN

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role: Rachel Weisz / THE CONSTANT GARDENER

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries: Paul Newman / EMPIRE FALLS

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries: S. Epatha Merkerson / LACKAWANNA BLUES

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series: Kiefer Sutherland / 24

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh / GREY’S ANATOMY

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Comedy Series: Sean Hayes / WILL & GRACE

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series: Felicity Huffman / DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES

Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: LOST

Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES

Comments

• JENSIE_GJENSIE_G PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Wow ang bilis ng results ah. Thanks! :)
  • doolfreak_bigedoolfreak_bige PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    OMG! Kiefer won! :) wooohooo! :)
  • Wrong year. It's 2006, not 2005.
  • Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Crash
  • neth_rowneth_row PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    My, my. Brokeback Mountain got shut out.

Reese's win in the Female Actor category muddles up the race for the Oscar. It's still a two-way fight between her and Felicity Huffman. Could it be that voters are suffering from Huffman fatigue?

Philip Seymour Hoffman's win locks him up for the Oscar. Coupled by his "I got your back" speech, there's just no way he's going to lose as Lead Actor.

Wins by Sandra Oh and Kiefer Sutherland made up my day. two f my favorite actors winning for my two favorite television shows... nice! *okay*
  • Go to www.sagawards.org and notice that the 12th Screen Actors Guild Awards is 2005 Screen Actors Guild as well.
  • @neth_row, same sentiments. The Reese win was a surprise for me. I really thought that Huffman will win but SAG did give her an award for her work in Desperate Housewives. So, she still won something.

The Crash ensemble win was well-deserved. I think they're underappreciated during the awards season but Brokeback was such a big film in terms of publicity.
  • forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    glad SEAN HAYES won!
  • last.dodo.birdlast.dodo.bird PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    neth_row wrote:
    Philip Seymour Hoffman's win locks him up for the Oscar. Coupled by his "I got your back" speech, there's just no way he's going to lose as Lead Actor.

what "I got your back" speech?

Anyway, for this year's awards season, I'm really happy for Philip Seymour Hoffman and Paul Giamatti :D Arguably two of the best character actors of our time. Galing!

Masaya din ako para kay Sean Hayes :) He's got playing that Jack character down to an art *okay*
  • sayang hindi nanalo si huffman for transamerica, i loved that movie. and her acting was really good. don't get me wrong, i love reese but huffman's performance was (i think) way better.
  • The results definitely made the Oscar race a bit tighter, especially for Best Actress, Phillip Seymour Hoffman is a shoo-in and even if Crash won the award for Best Ensemble, Brokeback Mountain will still win the Oscar!

And was Heath Ledger stoned or drunk? I couldn't quite figure out what substance he was on!
  • i think reese is a lock sa best actress sa oscars already. huffmans character kasi sa transmaerica is meaty already, she did well, really well pero i think most actress would have done well sa role, while kay reese, its about the guy, siya yung supporting pero she made the role an important one. kaya i expect reese to win the oscars
  • YAY!!! KIEFER WON!!!! :rocker:
  • I also expect reese to win the oscars. she has won every single major award this year. the people's choice, critics choice, new york film critics, golden globes, and sag....
  • Congratulations Kiefer!!!

COOL!, Crash won!!! hehe...unexpected! yay to Sandra Bullock!
  • JENSIE_GJENSIE_G PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Next stop... the Oscars! :bounce:

For Manila-based viewers, 9:30 pm tomorrow evening ang live telecast ng Oscar nomination announcement... CNN, BBC, Fox, and maybe even ETC will cover it live simultaneously...
  • forg wrote:
    glad SEAN HAYES won!

loved him when he thanked ang lee. :rotfl:
  • eli_xandereli_xander PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    sean hayes is still as funny, remember when he won before, he opened his shirt and showed liposuction lines?

yey! oscars announcement na pala tomoro, usually cnn lang yan pinanapalabas dito sa manila...
  • oscar noms bright and early tomorrow morning, 5:30 am on the west coast where most of the nominees live so they probably will still be asleep when they're announced :lol:
  • mjrv wrote:
    I also expect reese to win the oscars. she has won every single major award this year. the people's choice, critics choice, new york film critics, golden globes, and sag....

same goes kay phillip seymour hoffman(d ko sure spelling), actually mas lock ngayon yung mga winners compared sa other years unless ma surprise tayo bigla