Home PEx News and Tech Local and Foreign Issues
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Phil.TV News sucks

Local media almost always plays up the antics and posturings of the opposition.If it involves the opposition, the media seems to be very enthusiastic in its bid to make a big play of what is happening.

Its role is to “inform, even educate, [but] not to destroy.It should also focus on the country's national interest and security because it operates in that society.it should not go about covering fugitives and worst aiding these people to go about undermining authority.

Not only this,but it has also played on politics so that it could promote the politicians who it thinks could rightly protect their many business interests thus libelling everyday those it thinks is out to destroy it.

It's personalities/reporters have also been bitten by the celebrity bug,not surprising in a country in love with celebrity.some have gotten egos that are even bigger than their brains could muster. :D and are so full of themselves that they think they are the God and libel just about anyone.

It has feed on sensationalism and making cheap shots at the administration for just about any issue in this country to the point of interviewing just about anyone who has a placard but of unknown credibility thus unwittingly being used and as a result creates a somewhat dent on the economy.

can't the tv news media see that politicans have become media - savvy,that almost all in this country has an agenda and plays to the camera..walang rules and ethics ang media dito kaya walang mangyayari sa pang aabuso ng media sa Pilipinas.all is lost for this country.and they are laughing all the way to the bank.this time the messenger is also the executioner!

Comments

• i totally agree. not only that, even sometimes it seems like these politicians are using the media for their favors and to criticize their foes! it shouldn't be like this, indeed our journalism business is still kind of amatuer and immature...

journalism in the philippines is really bad, no wonder why some of these journalists were being murdered and getting involved in poltics and domestic feud, and even normally victimized by terrorrists and warlords. too bad.

i think, journalism in the philippines need to be reformed, and this is true compared to other rich nations. if u can only notice, these countries' journalism dont really like broadcasting their domestic disputes and political whinings/war , rather they would only say a few words about it and thats it and last only about 2-5 minutes in every 1 hour of broadcasting news... anyway im sure most of the ordinary noypis doesn't like hearing too much about these people whining to each other, we rather listen and watch MORE about those of public services, businesses, tourism news & features, life going on around their streets either bad or good, sports, cultural and arts, film industry, music industry, and other goodnews.

thats why rich nations keep getting richer bcuz local and foreign investors doesn't hear anything too much about their political noise thats why they kept pouring in million of dollars of investment in their countries. therefore broadcasting networks in the philippines should set a standard procedure with better and quality news everyday.

so i say in every 60 min news, they should always keep only about 5 min to broadcast domestic political feud. right now its just too much politics...

now if can only do the same thing like other rich countries always does, learn something from them and for sure we will be better off then and these foreign investors can really provide more jobs to ordinary pinoys nationwide and boost our national budget, and that translate into economic BOOM, and best of all, a miracle.

:up: :rpflag:
  • ^^ errr, I agree that Philippine Journalism seem to like to
    sensationalize everything that the opposition do...

but for the media to de-emphasize the problems in our society, that's
    a big NO for me... they must do their job... to broadcast the news
    that matters - whether good or bad...

Now, the problem is that the TV news seem to like to present
    the "bad" more than the "good"... that means, they focus more
    on what the opposition have to say... then play it up from there.

I just wish that opposition gets a little less airtime that it deserves.
  • AbulugAdventureAbulugAdventure PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    A media who selects news to be reported is a big NO-NO...

Raul [email protected] must learn that lesson...
  • PusaichiPusaichi PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Para dito sa amin na umaasa lang ng TFC(The Filipino Channel) or GMA - kahit na walang kuwentang News, sinasagap namin.
    Dapat yung mga na kuryenteng media company ay tanggalan ng lisensiya to broadcast any news.

Tina Monzon-Palma is one of the best newscaster/reporter in my opinion. Pia Hontiveros, is fine with me in all angles. :D
  • ^^ What did Raul Gonzales do?
  • Pusaichi wrote:
    Para dito sa amin na umaasa lang ng TFC(The Filipino Channel) or GMA - kahit na walang kuwentang News, sinasagap namin.
    Dapat yung mga na kuryenteng media company ay tanggalan ng lisensiya to broadcast any news.

Tina Monzon-Palma is one of the best newscaster/reporter on my opinion. Pia Hontiveros, is fine with me in all angles. :D

Tina Monzon-Palma and Pia are both in ANC, so you are watching ANC
    eh? that's good... hehehe...

I like Ces Drilon and the 'old' Loren Legarda, together with Angelo de
    Castro... in other words, I like "THE WORLD TONIGHT"... news that matters
    lang talaga ang kanilang pinapalabas.

=========================================================
    Taray yang si Pia -- hehehe, she can twist anyone's tounge, also her sister Risa medyo matapang.... the Hontiveros are family friend.

Cito Beltran is ok for all around broadcast and Mel Tiangco is fine also, but I haven't watch lots of PI news lately because of my schedule.

Why not just give all the drastic news to Boy Abunda? he will present everything in LIVING COLOR! :D
  • mukang mas maganda ang mga broadcasting networks ng channel 7 at abs-sbn uh? ako naman eh nagtsa-tsaga dito sa mabuhay channel, napapanood ko lagi ay ang teledyaryo, sentro, big news, at news tonite... sa apat nayan, isa lang ang medyo neutral and more professional, ay ang news tonite.

itong mga hinayupak na tulad ni journalist jovi, & campany ay napaka palpak, unprofessional, and as if taking sides... more on mga tabloid reporters sila eh... dapat sa tingin ko magkaroon ng journalism academy sa pinas para matuto silang lahat kung paano maging professional & neutral...

magkano kasi ang tfc? tsaka ang monthly payment nun? hehe... :D
    Comcast right now is offering a Pinoy Channel news and Movie channel. Nasa Disk Network na yung ANC/Abs-CBN and GMA dito sa amin.

During Marcos era, he wanted to own all the television channels. Kaya umalis si Bob Stewart of Channel 7.

June Keitley and Maa'n Hontiveros made a good use of the television and Radio media during the EDSA revolution.
    Pusaichi wrote:
    Cito Beltran is ok for all around broadcast and Mel Tiangco is fine also, but I haven't watch lots of PI news lately because of my schedule.

Dun sa nagtanong kung bakit galit ako kay Raul Gonzales: Nagbabala siya na ang media ay nagagamit na ng oposisyon at iba pang kumukontra kay Gloria...pero sana na-realize ng matandang ito na nung panahon ni Estrada ay sila yung sigaw ng sigaw nun sa media...pinapayagan sila ng media kasi trabaho nila yung ang pakinggan ang lahat ng tinig. Mukhang nakakalimutan na ng matandang ito ang mga pangyayari nun. Ano yun sila ang bida? ***** pala siya, e!

Pusa: Nasasagwaan ako kay Cito Beltran sa news reporting, parang ang bagal nyang magsalita at monotonous pa ang boses. Julius Babao ang magandang mag-report...

Boy Abunda? Not bad! ;)
  • Si Mike Enriquez pag nagre-report parang narrator sa Sta.Ana Race Track. :D
  • ^^ I hate the way Mike deliver the news... "nakakapagod pakinggan". He was lively alright...

No sweat for me as I don't watch 24oras... hehehe...

===================================================

Most of them graduated with AB Journalism... should we blame
    the school too? Most of them came from UP... should we put
    the blame on UP too?

Wala lang... naisip ko lang.
  • ^^ I think yung schools, tinuturo lang yung basics. Pero pag professional practice na, broadcasters try to develop their own unique style. Unfortunately, itong si Mike Enriquez eh karera ng kabayo ata ang inspiration niya. :lol:

Kung napapagod ka kay Mike Enriquez, makakatulog ka naman kay Kuya Cesar. :D
  • bluetheherobluethehero PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    on Philippine primetime newscasts:

in my findings [that are non-scientific by the way], Mike Enriquez and Mel Tiangco do their homeworks, unlike Ted Failon, Julius Babao and Karen Davila who are literally reading the teleprompter.

however, in terms of news gathering, GMA-7 news team is still far behind ABS-CBN News.

the only news and current affairs personalities according to some hearsays who never had accepted any payola or payment are Cheche Lazaro, Mel Tiangco and Jessica Soho. while the only journalists who do their homework are Korina Sanchez, Mel Tiangco, Cheche Lazaro, Vicky Morales, Dong Puno, Ces Drilon, Pia Hontiveros, David celdran & Ricky Carandang.

Pusa: Nasasagwaan ako kay Cito Beltran sa news reporting, parang ang bagal nyang magsalita at monotonous pa ang boses. Julius Babao ang magandang mag-report...

Boy Abunda? Not bad! ;)

In news broadcasting, Beltran will do, parang gusto mo kaagad matapos yung sinasabi niya... hehehe, but on interviews with different personalities, I think, Beltran always give in to the guests, he lets everyone talk what they want to say and Beltran will insert one-liners na kahit corny just to keep the show humorous. Pati nga yung interviews niya with Filipino broadway players and a very old socialite-fashion model made me watch his show. Pag tapos, wala rin, eh, no choice to watch any shows na, unless I change to Cinema-Pinoy.

Sayang nga, hindi ko matiyempuhan si Mareng Winnie. Was that Mare Pare? Masama schedule ng GMA kasi dito.
    ^ Yung kay Winnie Monsod ay 'Debate' naman yun, pero it is not a news program. Di ako sigurado kung nagnu-news reporting si Monsod, e.

Si Cito? Pakiramdam ko aantukin talaga ako sa pagde-deliver niya ng balita.

Hehehe, ako din...pag hinahabol ako ng jet pag napapakinggan ko ang pagrereport ni Mike Enriquez, but still ok for me. Pero ang hindi makakalimutan sa mamang ito ay nung bumahin siya sa harap ng telebisyon...

"Aching! Excuse me pow!", ito na ang nagpasikat sa kanya. Sobrang tawa ako ng marinig ko ito sa radyo (simulcast kasi ang 24 oras sa radyo).
    Kukuru wrote:
    Si Mike Enriquez pag nagre-report parang narrator sa Sta.Ana Race Track. :D

Oo nga, parang nakakapagod talaga...yung tipong hinabol ka ng sampung kabayo!

But I liked his 24 Oras program
  • on Philippine primetime newscasts:

in my findings [that are non-scientific by the way], Mike Enriquez and Mel Tiangco do their homeworks, unlike Ted Failon, Julius Babao and Karen Davila who are literally reading the teleprompter.

however, in terms of news gathering, GMA-7 news team is still far behind ABS-CBN News.

the only news and current affairs personalities according to some hearsays who never had accepted any payola or payment are Cheche Lazaro, Mel Tiangco and Jessica Soho. while the only journalists who do their homework are Korina Sanchez, Mel Tiangco, Cheche Lazaro, Vicky Morales, Dong Puno, Ces Drilon, Pia Hontiveros, David celdran & Ricky Carandang.

Payola?

You only cited three broadcast journalists who don't accept payola. Does it
    follow that the others accept payola? Like Korina? Like Ted? Like
    Noli? Scary...
  • Local media almost always plays up the antics and posturings of the opposition.If it involves the opposition, the media seems to be very enthusiastic in its bid to make a big play of what is happening.

Its role is to “inform, even educate, [but] not to destroy.It should also focus on the country's national interest and security because it operates in that society.it should not go about covering fugitives and worst aiding these people to go about undermining authority.

Not only this,but it has also played on politics so that it could promote the politicians who it thinks could rightly protect their many business interests thus libelling everyday those it thinks is out to destroy it.

It's personalities/reporters have also been bitten by the celebrity bug,not surprising in a country in love with celebrity.some have gotten egos that are even bigger than their brains could muster. and are so full of themselves that they think they are the God and libel just about anyone.

It has feed on sensationalism and making cheap shots at the administration for just about any issue in this country to the point of interviewing just about anyone who has a placard but of unknown credibility thus unwittingly being used and as a result creates a somewhat dent on the economy.

can't the tv news media see that politicans have become media - savvy,that almost all in this country has an agenda and plays to the camera..walang rules and ethics ang media dito kaya walang mangyayari sa pang aabuso ng media sa Pilipinas.all is lost for this country.and they are laughing all the way to the bank.this time the messenger is also the executioner!

normal na ata to sa pinas, kung walang magagandang ibabalita, ang media ay parang asong gutom kahit basura kakainin.
  • geeze why on d planet would media swellheads like korina, ted, karen, julius et al take turns in asking manny paquiao the dumbest of questions, and why were they questioning politicians who were using paquiao when they themselves were obviously making pa-cute with pacquiao to gain their pogi points. disgusting people... :glee:

worse, those morons from channel 7 news were trying to reunite pacquiao's separted parents, complete with instructions to kiss and be mushy...what a bunch of losers! :glee: