Home PEx News and Tech Local and Foreign Issues
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Filipinos in Luzon, take a look at your southern neighbor of Cebu...

Shameless Filipino rebels and communists never stop fighting in imperial Manila! Even the muslims in mindanao is laughing at us! ...And you question us why we want federalism? Cebu is federalism and a good example to be one!

Come and support our Filipino Dream... Join our threads in a pursue of a Filipino citizen'S DREAM to unite the whole country in the way to progress! Come and learn more about being a true Filipino, true patriotism, true love and nationalism to our flag and country... See, hear, and read more about Cebu's economic miracle!

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=304342
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7319148119124553965&q=cebu
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=295
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=298476

WELCOME TO THE QUEEN CITY OF THE SOUTH
cebu_thread.jpg

BANNERcebucity1.jpg

BANNERcebucity2.jpg

BANNERcebucity3.jpg

Comments

• CrusherCrusher PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Thread topic should read:

Filipinos in Luzon, visit your southern neighbor of Cebu...

and maybe you would want to stay and live and work there, instead of moving out of the country.

And leave behind all the MetroManila business profiteers, bribers, kotongs, squaters, kidnappers, pickpockets, street vendors, street hawkers, street beggars, etc.
  • its actually a very good idea. hmm... lets see and wait... :)
  • i also heard that cebuano girls are hot! oolala! :D
  • I do have to admit... when I rant about the ugliness of the Philippines and Filipino habits, I actually have Metro Manilans in mind.
  • I do have to admit... when I rant about the ugliness of the Philippines and Filipino habits, I actually have Metro Manilans in mind.

Doesn`t sound like you have been to cebu latley then?
    The place is one big den of thieves!!

http://www.manilatimes.net/national/2005/jan/24/yehey/prov/20050124pro2.html

Cebu immigration officer in hot water

By William B. Depasupil, Reporter

Immigration Commissioner Alipio Fernandez Jr. has ordered an investigation into the anomalies allegedly committed by a ranking official of the bureau in Cebu.

Fernandez said the special investigating committee will be formed this week to look into the alleged questionable activities of Geronimo Rosas, Bureau of Immigration director for Central Visayas. He is facing corruption and immorality complaints before the Office of the Ombudsman.

The investigating committee’s report will be used as the basis of the decision whether to file administrative and criminal charges against Rosas or not, Fernandez said.

In the 57-page complaint filed before the Ombudsman, a copy of which was provided Fernandez’s office, two employees of the immigration bureau in Cebu, Imra Ali Sabdullah and Dilausan Montor, alleged that Rosas siphoned off an average of P80,000 a month from the Cebu Immigration Officers’ Common Fund in the last three years.

The amount, they said, represents payments from the 50 foreign ships that arrive at the Cebu port every month.

According to the complainants, Rosas made it appear that the money he took from the common fund was intended for the immigration bureau in Manila and other officials.

Same ole same ole!!
  • PusaichiPusaichi PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    These will make be comeback and visit Cebu again? Naah, but all new projects looks pretty.

LECHON, nice Beaches and Babes - are my main reasons to visit Cebu again. :D
    If the tourists don't know how to speak Cebuano, Cebuanos will speak to you in English.... hehehe... I love their accent, gusto na pala ako patayin ng ex-GF ko, kala ko, naglalambing pa...
  • Dom wrote:
    i also heard that cebuano girls are hot! oolala! :D
    I know. I was with one Cebuana girl who is petite, had the smoothest, fairest skin, long waist-length hair and beautiful face... always kept me at the edge of my seat and I always kept her at the edge of my bed... oh memories.
  • yeah and same ole gold digging country folx would start flocking cebu city just like they did manila. who wants that?
  • I've been to Cebu lately. You have to admit this: Cebu is becoming a lot like Manila.

Here are some surprises you'll come to be familiar with and you can't miss it even if you try:
    1) Murders, theft, and other big-city crimes occur everyday
    2) Traffic snarls are common throughout the day
    3) Squatters interspersed even in upscale commercial areas
    4) "Gypsies" pushing around carts in the middle of highways while scrounging for scrap metals
    5) Jeepneys stopping just about anywhere to pick up passengers and turning without looking at oncoming traffic
    6) Jeepneys, taxis, or even private vehicles parking on the side road underneath no-parking signs, so two lanes become one
    7) Barriers have to be built in the middle of highway roads to keep people from dangerously crossing it. Still, people would hurdle this
    8) So-called "islands" have to be built in the middle of an otherwise wide road just to keep cars from maneuvering U-turns
    9) People stealing manhole covers and telephone cables
    10) Parking lots smell like piss...because people actually pee in parking lots
    11) Downtown smells like open sewers and stale pineapple
    12) Begging children abound near churches and busy intersections
    13) Even with barriers and signs, the space underneath flyovers would still be used as instant rooftops for vendors and roosters
    14) Your cellphone is still not safe here...just like in Manila
    15) Jeepney holduppers need money, so you better make sure you bring your wallet along or you might end up with some physical souvenir markings on your body (i.e. injuries)
    16) Of course, who can forget the proliferation of "habal-habal" which makes an otherwise good neighborhood look like a thug's lair

...plus a lot, lot more that can remind you of Manila

But the beaches have white sand, the food is great, and the balmy weather feels good on your skin.
  • ...Oh there's the usual advisory you'll read about in some travel guides: beware of people who appear very friendly. You might just be taken for a ride.
  • Cebu is great. It's just too bad the with current system, only a small fraction of governemnt money generated in cebu actually stays in cebu.

Also love the fact that vigilantes are slowly cleaning up the streets by getting rid of petty thieves and drug dealers *okay* . Those scums just get a slapped on the wrist whenever they are caught and then get sent back out to do what they do again.
  • shamhoyshamhoy PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    more pics pls. samahn niyo n rin ng pics ng cebu nightlife
  • Efren wrote:
    I've been to Cebu lately. You have to admit this: Cebu is becoming a lot like Manila.

Here are some surprises you'll come to be familiar with and you can't miss it even if you try:
    1) Murders, theft, and other big-city crimes occur everyday
    2) Traffic snarls are common throughout the day
    3) Squatters interspersed even in upscale commercial areas
    4) "Gypsies" pushing around carts in the middle of highways while scrounging for scrap metals
    5) Jeepneys stopping just about anywhere to pick up passengers and turning without looking at oncoming traffic
    6) Jeepneys, taxis, or even private vehicles parking on the side road underneath no-parking signs, so two lanes become one
    7) Barriers have to be built in the middle of highway roads to keep people from dangerously crossing it. Still, people would hurdle this
    8) So-called "islands" have to be built in the middle of an otherwise wide road just to keep cars from maneuvering U-turns
    9) People stealing manhole covers and telephone cables
    10) Parking lots smell like piss...because people actually pee in parking lots
    11) Downtown smells like open sewers and stale pineapple
    12) Begging children abound near churches and busy intersections
    13) Even with barriers and signs, the space underneath flyovers would still be used as instant rooftops for vendors and roosters
    14) Your cellphone is still not safe here...just like in Manila
    15) Jeepney holduppers need money, so you better make sure you bring your wallet along or you might end up with some physical souvenir markings on your body (i.e. injuries)
    16) Of course, who can forget the proliferation of "habal-habal" which makes an otherwise good neighborhood look like a thug's lair

...plus a lot, lot more that can remind you of Manila

But the beaches have white sand, the food is great, and the balmy weather feels good on your skin.

really? oh well probably thats what happen if a cebuano goes to manila for a holiday, then come back to cebu with tons of bad pasalubong to their friends and families... guess what happen next? :lol:
  • taffei wrote:
    Cebu is great. It's just too bad the with current system, only a small fraction of governemnt money generated in cebu actually stays in cebu.

thats why we badly needed the CHA-CHA... CHA CHA CHA, cha cha cha cha cha cha...
    shamboy wrote:
    more pics pls. samahn niyo n rin ng pics ng cebu nightlife

kaya nga pinost ko yung mga links eh para sa ating lahat, wag nang mahiya at i-klik lang po... :D
  • e wala e, gusto ng mga politician dito sa manila, dumaan muna sa kamay nila yung tax money na na kolekta sa luzon, visayas at mindanao.
  • Darius03Darius03 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I wonder how long one has to stay in Cebu to experience all those sixteen (16) negative experiences listed.

One can stay a lifetime even in Manila or any part of the world and yet account for less than one half in the list as a personal experience and not just hearsay or made-up criticism. One must be a hard luck magnet to experience all in a so called "visit"! I'd suggest that such person stays at home all locked up to be safe.

Cebu will never be 100% clean or rid of bad elements, but unlike Manila, Cebu government officials and law enforcement are getting the bad elements apprehended and brought to justice. Unlike in MM where every bad element seem to have the protection of some power groups, official or non-official, thus they can move freely among the unsuspecting lawful citizens.
  • Among the 16 I've listed, some were my observations while touring with my relatives and some were from their local dailies. The crimes, well, I didn't experience firsthand, of course. If you checked out their local dailies, like Sunstar or Cebu Daily News, the label "Murder City" have been appearing lately. I think this was attributed to the series of unsolved vigilante-style killings.

My view is that Cebu is fast becoming like Manila. Issues like murders and thefts (if you believe what you read in the papers), traffic, squatting, mendicancy, pollution, inadequate water and electricity supply are slowing reaching Manila-like levels.

In my opinion, Cebu has not prepared itself enough to keep pace with its rapid development. For one, water and electricity supply may not be enough for the planned opening of new hotels like Marco Polo and Park Lane and other real estate developments (which are booming like never seen before). Secondly, there's no proper zoning implementation. Some establishments, houses, structures are built too near the major highways. Piers are still notorious for pickpockets, snatchers, and crooks. I don't need to lock myself up. I'm used to these things just as the average Filipino is used to floods, pollution, traffic, etc. But that doesn't mean I can't criticize.

I put forth these criticisms to put some sense of reality. Cebu is a thriving city and a lovely place to visit...but it can be made better if we address the issues instead of covering it up just because we can't take criticisms.
  • sa luzon pa rin ang action. no offense sa mga taga visayas and mindanao. unang una luzon pinakamalaki na isla. andito ang manila, kabisera ng pilipinas. kung ano meron sa visayas at mindanao, meron din sa luzon at mas higit pa. para sa kin, the best na lugar ang southern luzon (cavite, laguna, batangas). malapit pa sa manila. :)
  • sa luzon pa rin ang action. no offense sa mga taga visayas and mindanao. unang una luzon pinakamalaki na isla. andito ang manila, kabisera ng pilipinas. kung ano meron sa visayas at mindanao, meron din sa luzon at mas higit pa. para sa kin, the best na lugar ang southern luzon (cavite, laguna, batangas). malapit pa sa manila. :)
  • termyte97 wrote:
    e wala e, gusto ng mga politician dito sa manila, dumaan muna sa kamay nila yung tax money na na kolekta sa luzon, visayas at mindanao.

kaya nga ang dapat mga parekoys, kung gusto nyo na talagang umunlad ang pilipinas within 20 yrs, magsama-sama na tayong lahat na suportahin ang FEDERALISM or the cha-cha. kasi sa cha-cha or parliamentary/federalism, distribution of national budget will be even OR fair enough, and it connot be unfair, because of the monitoring system under the law of federalism with the help ofcourse of all the heads of federal states.

in short and in tagalog, (this is the present case of the philippines, still climbing up economically) parang isang pamilya yan na bago pumasok sa iskul at trabaho, ikaw ang tatay (national government) at ang nanay (revenue philippines), at ang mga anak, si kuya, si ate, at si bunso (federal states). ngayon sa una si tatay kasama si nanay na nanunood sa kanila (moderator), magbibigay ng pabaon kay bunso ng 200 pesos, since wala pa syang trabaho medyo dependent pa sya kay tatay kaya medyo malaki. kay ate naman dahil na pa-graduate na sya ng college at may p/t nang trabaho, 50 pesos. ngayon, panghuli si kuya, nako ang kuya ay may trabaho na and fully independent na, kaya wala nang ibibigay si tatay.

kaya ganun din sa ating bansa. a federal state should be able to sustain their own economy otherwise the government is there to support them to develop their land.