Home PEx Local Entertainment Showbiz - General
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Willie Revillame appointed as a CELEBRITY ENVOY by the DOT? WTF?!!

Willie Revillame: You may now call him ‘Your Excellency!’

No kidding, you may now call Willlie Revillame "Your Excellency" in view of his recent honorary designation as Celebrity Envoy for Tourism, in connection with the "Grand Pinoy Homeconing Program" of the Department of Tourism. This is the first time ever that a Filipino celebrity was appointed Celebrity Envoy by the DoT.

Willie’s designation as such was formalized last Wednesday morning with him and Secretary of Tourism Joseph "Ace" Durano signing the papers in the presence of DoT officials and staff and Willie’s family and close friends.

Willie’s appointment as Celebrity Envoy for Tourism may raise a lot of eyebrows considering Willie’s "notoriety" and controversial nature. In fact, we gathered that even DoT employees are not in favor of Willie’s appointment and this explained why not so many came to meet and welcome the "Wowowee" host.

But anyway Secretary Durano explained that Willie was chosen because he has been helping promote the country through his daily gameshow "Wowowee" on AB-CBN. Just watching him work in his program would make one realize his personal advocacy of encouraging tourists, especially fellow Filipinos, to come and visit the country, Secretary Durano said.

Aside from giving us a good laugh every day, Willie has been doing a big share in prodding Filipinos abroad, especially the young ones, to come home and experience the beauty of the country of their forebears, Secretary Durano noted.

(We’d like to attest to this power of Willie and his "Wowowee" show in drawing young Filipino tourists to take their vacations here. Last December, all of our balikbayan relatives and friends from the US and London asked only one favor from us — passes to "Wowoowee!" And they went home feeling so happy and satisfied, and thanking us profusely of course because their special passes spared them the discomfort of lining up for hours to get into the studio. We learned these balikbayans that through The Filipino Channel, they are able to watch "Wowowee.")

In a lighter note, Secretary Durano recalled that in the olden times, envoys were appointed by kings and queens to represent them in other countries. "Being an envoy is a profession and vocation during those times and envoys were designated for special missions. And as envoys, they are addressed to as ‘Your Excellency.’ So you may now call Willie ‘Your Excellency,’" he jokingly added.

On his part, Willie thanked Secretary Durano "for this great honor that he has bestowed on me. Napakalaking karangalan ito and up to now I don’t know if it’s just a dream or a reality. With my show, I just wanted to make people happy everday. Sa ‘Wowowee,’ gusto ko everday is Christmas day..."

Everybody knew that Willie went through a lot of trials in his life. "I was terminated twice at ABS-CBN, I was suspended three times but I didn’t get angry at anyone. Alam ko pagsubok lang ito ng Panginoon. I did not feel any bitterness or anger. I did not lose faith in God," he stressed.

And now it seems he has passed the crisis in his life with the many blessings he has been receiving ever since he got married to Liz Almoro (who has given him a son, now three months old).

Willie recalls that when ABS–CBN offered him to host "Wowowee," he asked for a timeslot wherein the show could be viewed by the whole family. "At, ang gusto ko hindi lang makapagpasaya sa mga tao, kundi makatulong sa mga kapuspalad."

As DoT’s Celebrity Envoy, Willie promised to do his job well and be a good example for Pinoys worldwide to emulate. In fairness to him, long before he was even considered to be DoT’s Celebrity Envoy for Tourism, Willie has been doing his part to help bring in tourists and balikbayans, by assuring them that the Philippines is a most beautiful country to visit, "that the Philippines is a paradise."

He added: "My role now is not only to help but to convince children of Fil-Am parents to come home to visit their mother country." And because "Wowowee" is seen by millions of Filipinos worldwide through TFC, Willie could easily fulfull his job as envoy for tourism. TFC has also donated large sums of money to "Wowowee’s" civic projects.

Actually, an avid supporter of Willie’s show, William Lim of W.L. Foods Group of Companies who’ve donated several jeeps to the program, was with Willie’s entourage (which included his wife Liz. his mother, his daughter Meryll Soriano, his director Edgar Mortiz, his mother-in-law Clavel Bendaña, TV host/columnist Cristy Fermin and some others).

By the way, Willie’s honorary designation doesn’t carry any remuneration so it will be a labor of love for him. Willie doesn’t mind, he’ll do the job gladly for nothing. For him, this is a job "na walang kapalit" in terms of worthiness.

Since it’s his birthday today, Jan. 27, DoT prepared a beautiful birthday cake, quite big but not enough to carry 45 candles!

Anyway, our congratulations to "His Excellency," Willie Revillame.

source: http://www.mb.com.ph/ENTR2006012754814.html

Comments

• it is true anout the balikbayan tourists.

i know several who came home and had wowowee in their itinerary.

pero hindi yata good choice yun. why was that position created in the first place?

ok sana tourism natin ngayon but i think it's a step backward.
  • :hmm:

Nilakad siguro ng ABS-CBN bigwigs. Convicted na kasi sila sa pag-build-up sa image ni Wawawilly.
  • wtf? i thought i was having my worst nightmare...i'd rather have MAHAL as endorser rather than willie
  • RyanEvansRyanEvans PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    mabenta kasi si willie revillame sa abroad eh yun tito ko nga 4 to 5 months nakareserve para lang maging studio audience sa wowowee :naughty: and most pinoy events dito like fiesta filipino wowowee ang nirerequest na magshow dito ;)
  • dapat lang na si willie mapunta diyan, dahil sa show niya mas lalong maraming dollars ang pumapasok sa pinas, tsaka totoo namang maraming balikbayan ang nae-engganyong umuwi dahil sa wowowee devah? :naughty: :glee:
  • si joey na lang sana.. pang guiness na man ang eat bulaga nya diba? o worlwide rin, guiness eh! :D
  • napaka bobo naman ng DOT,sa dinami dami ng pwedeng piliin si willie pa,what a joke!E mas magaling pang mag english ang 6 years old kong nephew sa kanya eh.Biruin mo sa segment ng biga10,his translation sa question is"who is the star in the name of tom in the movie mission impossible?"actual question is...sinong tom ang bida sa pelikulang mission impossible?what a joke!

Tapos sinasabing wowowee ang tourist spot,eh kasi parang perya na pinagsamang kapwa ko mahal ko at ang mga ofw naman gustong umeksena at nagbibigay ng dollars(tulong kuno)para lang makita ang mukha sa tv.na brainwash na kasi ang mga utak ng mga ofw sa mga kagaguhang ginagawa ng abs cbn lalung lalo na si willie.

Willie magbago ka na,hinde ka na kasi nakakatawa!!!
  • Bitterness abounds in this thread, whew! :bop: Dapat maging masaya na lang kayo para k Willy. Inggit ang namamayani sainyo, mga kapusong hunghang! :bop: :bop: :bop:
  • actually marami talagang Pilipino dito sa Cali ang gustong manood
    ng Wowowee... hehehe...

pero I still hate Willie... magbago na siya talaga dahil sayang ang
    mga opportunities na dumadating sa kanya...

di ko lang talaga alam kung ano ang nakita ng mga taga-US kay
    Willie... ang buhay naman talaga... hahahaha...

=================================================

pero ang daming bitter sa thread na ito... hahaha
  • eh sa mtrcb di siya pwede,diyan pa kaya? :lol:
  • nagawa na ba yan ni joey de leon?

buti pa si bj naging ambassador...
  • palakasan lang yan...

sino ba ang manager ni willy?
  • Jerecko78 wrote:
    napaka bobo naman ng DOT,sa dinami dami ng pwedeng piliin si willie pa,what a joke!E mas magaling pang mag english ang 6 years old kong nephew sa kanya eh.Biruin mo sa segment ng biga10,his translation sa question is"who is the star in the name of tom in the movie mission impossible?"actual question is...sinong tom ang bida sa pelikulang mission impossible?what a joke!

Tapos sinasabing wowowee ang tourist spot,eh kasi parang perya na pinagsamang kapwa ko mahal ko at ang mga ofw naman gustong umeksena at nagbibigay ng dollars(tulong kuno)para lang makita ang mukha sa tv.na brainwash na kasi ang mga utak ng mga ofw sa mga kagaguhang ginagawa ng abs cbn lalung lalo na si willie.

Willie magbago ka na,hinde ka na kasi nakakatawa!!!

Magsitigil nga kayo! It was Ricky LO, a kanguso, who ehdorsed Willie in one of his columns, kaya napansin ng DOT. Eh, kung kapwa nyo na nguso ang nagsalita, kokontra pa kaya kayo?! Sabi nga ng pro mc_mental jr, wala talaga kayong CS jajajajajajja :bop:
  • Will his show last like Eat Bulaga?!... Well, I don't find him funny.. that's it!
  • daming bitter, palibhasa inngit sila kase hindi si tandang joey ang napili...in short malakas talaga ang ang wowowee, dindaya lang sa rating.....

hahahahahahaahhahahahaahaha!!!! mga kanguso TLUNAN....
  • LEE23 wrote:
    :hmm:

Nilakad siguro ng ABS-CBN bigwigs. Convicted na kasi sila sa pag-build-up sa image ni Wawawilly.

Affected? :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
    Si Joey kaya :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
  • ireneoireneo PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Congrats Kay Willie R..

Sana Makadagdag Ka Sa Pagunlad Ng Bansa Natin
  • h0lysh|tyousuckh0lysh|tyousuck PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    "His Excellency"?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
  • "His Excellency"?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

pagamit ng nick mo ha...

to willie: h0lysh|tyousuck! :rotflmao: