Home PEx International Entertainment General Entertainment
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Disney and Pixar merge

Sabi sa Ten Oclock News

member na rin si Steve Jobs ng Disney Board.. and if I heard it right, siya ata ang biggest share holder ng Disney..

$7.4 billion ata ung halaga ng deal

yaman naman ni Steve Jobs.. may Apple na siya, tapos eto pa..

The next Disney-Pixar movie ata is called Cars.

Comments

• I don't know what to say, so... many... conflicting... emotions!

:) :( :eek: :grrr: :mecry: :confused: :depressed:

I do hope with John Lassetter now in charge of the Disney animation studios, production of 2-D animated features will not just resume but also improve on the quality, considering the fact that he had mentioned Pixar doing 2-D in the future (plus the fact that he's a big Miyazaki fan).

My biggest problem/fear is the risk of Pixar selling out to corporate Disney thus betraying their ideals, and whether Pixar's film slate will remain consistent both critically and commercially. I hope that never happens, then again, Steve Jobs is now their biggest shareholder.

Oh well, better this than Michael Eisner. This could mark a new era for Disney.

First, Dreamworks/Viacom, followed by this and WB/UPN, I wonder what's the next merger will be?
  • and here i thought they parted ways...giving birth to Disney's Chicken Little as their first 3d animation w/out Pixar.
  • I sure hope that with this deal, Disney would have better 2D movies. The quality of their movies have been declining, not just with the animation, but more so on the storyline.

I grew up with Disney cartoons (Pocahontas, Little Mermaid, Mulan, etc.) and it is sad that the newer Disney movies are not as nice as before...

Did you watch Brother Bear? I was so disappointed... What do you think?
  • boinks wrote:
    and here i thought they parted ways...giving birth to Disney's Chicken Little as their first 3d animation w/out Pixar.

i think it was Valiant
  • steve jobs is finally getting his revenge
  • Valiant was a British film Disney distributed but not produced (ala Spirited Away and other Studio Ghibli films).