Home PEx Sports PBA

Highschool vs PBA

Think about it, if you could have taken all the top highschool players when they were still n highschool. Lets say Kobe ,Garnett,Lebron..etc. an played them againts PBA allstrs of today who would win ?

Comments

• team slickteam slick PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Hmm ill be one of the guys that will say there is a chance although a very very small one. What do we need? We need to bring our A game, additionally, we need to have a good coaching system. Something like the current program that chot reyes has for the national team might work. Lets say straight from hs to nba phenoms

1.) Kobe Bryant
    2.) Tracy McGrady
    3.) Kevin Garnett
    4.) Amare Stoudemire
    5.) Lebron James

this is the scenario, meaning that those hs players will not have any practice before the game. If that is the case, i would believe there is a very very small chance that the PBA all stars might win on teamwork since if you watch a MC-DO all american hs game, you would know that they really dont have any team work and just simply play fancy ball. But then again the talent difference might be too much to handle
  • st.angerst.anger PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    no chance in hell. even if these young NBA stars didn't show any teamwork, they'd overwhelm the PBA players on sheer talent alone. i mean, who can guard any of those guys 1 on 1?
  • How in the world can you picture a scenario that is realistic enough to be able to predict the outcome? But then again, any scenario is feasible. You make it sound like they are totally clueless on teamwork. Those guys are part of a team in their respective high schools. Granted it will be a new team if you assemble those guys who had been playing with their own high school teams. All their new coach need to tell them is he will take them all to McDonald's if they win and the PBA team dont stand a chance.
  • team slickteam slick PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^
    Actually tama kayo, it is really really really a slim chance that we would be able to beat them. Let alone make it close. The reason behind putting them together collectively on a team without any practice is the fact that they are ballhogs. They were accustomed to be the main guy in their hs team. Can you imagine tmac or kobe or amare being not gun shy??? Anyway you are right also about the huge disparity in talent. Going one on one, who in their right mind who go one on one with them? Play a zone, let them take the outside shot, double team on the inside, Remember when kobe and tracy were in high sch, they dont have a reliable outside shot.
  • even if u assemble a team with korleone young, james lang, ex-pba imports lenny cooke and deangelo collins, (possibly) dorell wright, and all other preps-to-pros players who flopped in the nba or never played in the nba, they'll beat the pba selection. the americans are bigger, better, and even with zero to no teamwork at all, i don't think any pba selection would have a good chance.
  • silkysmoothsilkysmooth PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    No chance. Let us not overrate the PBA players.
  • No chance. Let us not overrate the PBA players.

But your overrating American HS players
  • ateneo10ateneo10 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^ when garnett was in highschool, he could've been an import here.

in case people forget, these kids average crazy numbers.

lebron,without a jumpshot, would've killed the pba players just by playing 40 minutes straight out of highschool and being taller than most pba players save for taulava, our center, who is not even pinoy.

you can even put in lbj, ostertag(outta hs), scalebrine(outta hs), walton (luke, outta hs) and walton (bill, outta retirement) and they white guys with lebron would still win.
  • Kwame alone would beat the hell out of the PBA team.
    I'm not overrating the American HS players, just being realistic.
    klonoa wrote:
    Kwame alone would beat the hell out of the PBA team.

that's sad, but true.

put in tyson chandler and eddy curry, you see the size difference. ala pang dwight howard, whose the best hs big to come out of the US system in recent memory.
  • I'm not overrating the American HS players, just being realistic.
    The reason I've said that your overrating American HS players is because most of the PEXers here are only exposed to the best HS players in America. e.g. Lebron James, Dwight Howard, Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant, etc. Definitely, if you are only thinking only of this players you will say that these players can beat the hell out of the PBA players. Not all american HS players can beat those PBA players, just like you've said they are only HS players they wouldn't stand a chance against the physical play of the PBA players.
  • nice argument there, but no matter how you put it, they'd still win.. nonetheless, i'd still bet on those *******.. pba games are just too.. ho-hum..
    j_f21 wrote:
    The reason I've said that your overrating American HS players is because most of the PEXers here are only exposed to the best HS players in America. e.g. Lebron James, Dwight Howard, Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant, etc. Definitely, if you are only thinking only of this players you will say that these players can beat the hell out of the PBA players. Not all american HS players can beat those PBA players, just like you've said they are only HS players they wouldn't stand a chance against the physical play of the PBA players.

say there are 400 million americans. there are 80 million filipinos.

that's a 5 to 1 advantage. but that's besides the point. even if not all hs players can kick the crap out of the best rp players, you put one of them with brian s, tag and walton sr and jr and they'd still win.
    I got the point that Pexers are only exposed to the best HS players in the USA.

But at the start of the thread, it says that if we take the TOP US high school players and pit them against our PBA players, how will the PBA players fare. So, the other high school players that are not considered TOP players, were not considered.
  • sheesh.. if the aussie institute of sports team aka 18-20year olds managed to eke out a win against chot reyes's team, i imagine the top US HS players manhandling team pilipinas after a competitive first half
    I got the point that Pexers are only exposed to the best HS players in the USA.

But at the start of the thread, it says that if we take the TOP US high school players and pit them against our PBA players, how will the PBA players fare. So, the other high school players that are not considered TOP players, were not considered.

say the robert swift, gerald green batch. those two alone would cream the phil team. and i don't care about fat boy davis coz he's actually an athlete but bolado sized.

they only need two good guys and a bunch of white guys to make phil pros look bad.
  • Syempre Caloocan High!
  • If our best RP 5 in the PBA will prepare for this game against "these" high school payers in America without them practicing, realistically the PBA team is more than capable of beating them! Basketball is a team game and no way can you beat a well organized RP team these days without proper preparation. US no longer dominates basketball world as they used to and that is the biggest reality of all. " Cguro yung team na binubuo ng BAP pwede pa nilang tambakan at ilampaso!"
  • ateneo10 wrote: »
    that's sad, but true.

put in tyson chandler and eddy curry, you see the size difference. ala pang dwight howard, whose the best hs big to come out of the US system in recent memory.

that's true! in terms of size and athleticism, we are very far behind. even vince carter who plays guard/fwd is taller than arwind santos who is a center (i used this comparison since I actually saw them standing next to each other).