Home PEx Family and Society Realm of Thought

The Best Way to Spread Catholicism: Live the Faith!

raikou_99raikou_99 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Revelation 19:11-16

"Then I saw heaven open, and there was a white horse. Its rider is called Faithful and True; it is with justice that he judges and fights his battles. His eyes were like a flame of fire, and he wore many crowns on his head. He had a name written on him, but no one except himself knows what it is. The robe he wore was covered with blood. His name is "The Word of God." The armies of heaven followed him, riding on white horses and dressed with clean white linen. Out of his mouth came a sharp sword with which he will defeat the nations. He will rule over them with a rod of iron, and he will trample out the wine in the wine press of the furious anger of the Almighty God. On his robe and on his thigh was written the name: "King of kings and Lord of lords."

Hehe. I didn't mean to be apocalyptic or anything. It's just that it's so nice to hear that there'll be a time on earth that Jesus will rule the world! :)

The truth is, Christ can come down now if we want. Not literally of course, but in essence. If we live our faith as Catholics and live as we should be in purity and truth, it think we can beat whatever beast that comes in our way. We can be lights of the world by living in union with Christ.

I remember Peter's sword in the Chronicles of Narnia. Does it symbolize Christ's truth? (remember that gospel about Christ bringing not peace, but sword and division?) I guess that means that as Catholics, we must stand by Him 'til the end. Let us live our Catholic Faith. Let us live Christ's truth, and spread them most importantly by living it.

Today we live in a world of relativism and false morality. Satan's deception has blurred the boundary between good and evil, truth and falsity. MAny live in "I live as I please, I don't care about anyone" philosophy. People choose to follow their own selves as gods than to follow the doctrines of the Pope. "What you bind on earth will be bound in heaven." Let us faithfully follow Christ by following the Pope whom He gave authority in order that the Church may be one and avoid disunity and confusion regarding moral doctrines. Let us remember that freedom is not "being able to do anything we want," but real liberating freedom is that life lived in accordance with God's will of perfect happiness and goodness. Let us follow Mama Mary's example in humbly accepting God's will so that Christ may indeed be made flesh today. Remember that sin is the ultimate cause of suffering in this world.

Remember that the early Christians effectively spread out God's salvation by living in purity of God's love, mercy, truth, and grace. That's the essence of Catholicism, right? Let's explore our faith so that we may truly live its essence and meaning. With the prayers of Mama Mary and all the saints to help us, may we achieve the fullness of God's grace.

It may seem hard now, with most Catholics indifferent about their faith. But let us not be discouraged. As the song goes "Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me." Let us spread God's truth and salvation. Let us fight like Manny Pacquiao (hehe). We may receive punches after punches, but we won't heed them as Christ did when He suffered for us. But faith won't fail us. We know there is eternal life and Christ's victory ahead of us. Why fear, then? Along with prayers, let us just continue to strive to fight against the deception of Satan and the sins of the world - for we know that in a time we don't expect, God will knock him down. :) And we'll gladly rejoice on that day when the Son of Man comes. We will shout with joy "Come Lord Jesus! Come!"

I posted this thread so that we can share views and experiences as to how we can fully live in union with Christ's truth.

In my own way, i attend Cathecism at the Maynilad Study Center near La Salle. I really try to understand my faith better. It's nice to be constantly reminded about God's word and Christian virtues. I also regularly confess to remain in the state of grace, continuously examine my conscience and commit not to sin again with conviction. I also read the In His Steps journal. We also pray the rosary fervently to be reminded of how Mary lived her life with Christ and also to pray for the souls and sinners who need God's mercy. I also try to live as if I have already died to sin and alive in union with Christ (Read Paul's Letter to the Romans). I try my best to live not giving much concern about earthly and temporary things but looking forward to God's Kingdom and eternal life.

What's yours?

Comments

• well mine is living my life as if its my last day tomorrow...i just have to follow God and at the same time enjoy my time here on earth. it doesnt matter what ur religion is, as long as you love God and live the life God had given you. i know God is with me all the time and no offense meant, i dont try to do things just to please God..i do things that i know God will be pleased and actually, i dont literally need to follow the bible..some verses only for guidance. well, thats my point of view.
  • We always have to be faithful to him, even if big problems storm us. This is the best way to start - in ourselves. If we have deep faith in God, He, through the Holy Spirit, will work on us and that He will make us instruments for Him to be known by non-believers.

:)
  • In our respective professions too. We may bring Him in our workplace, share all the blessings God has given us through our everyday activities. :)

OT: Guys, do you have a lyrics of Jose Mari Chan's song Be Gentle. I find it weird that the internet cannot give me the lyrics... Does anyone here know it? :) Thanx. :)
  • albert_sy2albert_sy2 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^You can bring god to your workplace all you like, just don't proselytize to other people.
  • albert_sy2 wrote:
    ^You can bring god to your workplace all you like, just don't proselytize to other people.

There are ways that we can bring GOD to our workplace without hurting
    the sensibilities of the non-believers. *okay* .

As the threadstarter say, we live by example. We must walk the talk.

I am not ashamed of being a Christian.

May GOD Bless us All.