PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Job Opening @ West: Yahoo Ad Reviewer(NON-CALLING ACCOUNT) - expanding

IceKnightIceKnight World of Warcraft Addict PExer
Ok. The BARE facts about this job.

A callcenter job where youre not required to take calls. :D You will simply approve or reject (and censor obscene pics, as the need arises) online dating profiles AND hotel/tourism reviews based on a criteria that you will learn from training. (Wanna get an idea? Check out Yahoo! Personals and Yahoo! Travel.) We are now on the process of expanding since we will be acquiring 2 new sub-accounts for Yahoo. Hiring will start on Monday, January 23, 2006.

Qualifications: Mature, responsible, computer literate and being a fast reader would definitely help. :D Undergrads and 1st timers(no work experience) are accepted as long as you are willing to work FULL TIME.

Work sched: This is a 24 hr account so your sched could probably be one of the following: 7-3pm, 3-11pm or 11-7am. This would be permanent, no shifting schedules.

Salary: Since this is a non-calling account, salary ranges from 10-15k, depending on previous work experience. If you dont have any work experience, you'll probably get 10k + 1k allowance.

Work is sobrang non-stressful and very petix, a nice break from AHT, CSATs and timed breaks(you can take your break anytime you want). Sobrang bonding din with your teammates since magkakasabay kayo ng teammates mo ng sched from yosi, lunch (and even CR!) breaks down to the last minute and may team building pa(We had one last Xmas). How do I know? I'm from Batch 1 and the reason I'm posting this is because West has a referral program where I could earn extra for referring successfully hired applicants. This post is as honest as anyone can possibly get. Email your updated resumes to teampetix_AT_yahoo_DOT_.com.

And if you absolutely cannot wait, you can drop by the HR office @ WEST CONTACT SERVICES, 28F Exportbank Plaza, Chino Roces cor. Sen. Gil Puyat, Makati City Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm. Tell the receptionist you'd like to apply for the Yahoo account, look for Christa Perez, tell her you've been referred by Josh. Pls bring your resume. Oh, and the earlier you drop by, the better.

What to expect when you walk-in: Computerized test on grammar, reading comprehension and customer service skills and an initial interview after you pass. Next, you will be scheduled for a final interview most probably the same week if you pass since this is for immediate hiring.

Hiring is ongoing for one to two weeks depending on how fast the vacancy gets filled up. 25 lng ata ang kukunin.

If youre concerned about the reputation of West, this account is pretty much isolated so us Yahoo! agents sorta have our own world inside. :D And Yahoo! sups are very maalaga.

Promotions? West is known for hiring sups/management people from INSIDE the account ONLY. So trust me when I say mataas ang chances to get promoted in THIS account. I got 3 batchmates who were promoted to TL within one month of hiring. (Wala pang call center experience yung isa) :naughty:

Any other questions? PM me (faster if you just email me since blocked ang PEX sa office. :lol: )

Comments

• ano sabi mo sabhin ng magaappy referred by josh, bakit para sau credit e wala k naman makukuha d b. i used to work for west kya alam ko. pwede b dont drag other people sa bulok mong kumpanya. wag ka ng mambola ng mga aplikante. dahil bulok ang west
  • eto para sa mga gustong magapply sa west pag natanggap ka eto ang mga maeexperience mo

----d mo alam san napupunta tax mo n sobrang laki
    ----walang increase after 1 yr o khit anong increase bukod sa regularization n increase na 1 k
    ----mga bobong supervisor at mga ***** at nagmamarunong na QA
    ----yung bangko ng company n laging offline pag sweldo
    ----makakuha k lang ng sick o vacation leave after 6 months i mean more than 6 mos kac iipunin mo leave mo starting after ur 6 mos stay
    ----anim lang ang kama sa sleep room
    ----palakasan ( dapat marami ka kapit sa taas)
    ----walang free coffee
    ----walang locker
    ----walang xmas party
    ----mga janitress n kung umasta daig pa supervisor sa sungit pakyu cla
    ----at sobrang dami pang malaimpyernong karanasan
  • GK_ShadowGK_Shadow Soul Searching PExer
    pwedeng magpart time?
  • kazadekazade aloha milkyway! PExer
    wow.. honestly i was abt to take my chances sa WEST kasi im so sick and tired of taking in calls pero after i read nathansilveria's post, man, i definitely held on to my resume...

WHAT'S THE REAL SCORE?
    anybody from west here or knows west pa para makakuha pa kami ng feedback?
  • IceKnightIceKnight World of Warcraft Addict PExer
    nathan: wala ka naman na pala sa west e. paano mo malalaman kung meron man o walang referral program ang HR ng west ngayon?

and kung asar ka sa dati mong account sa west, pakialam ko sa inyo dun kung bulok naman talaga, malas mo lang.

next time pakibasa ng maigi ang post ko, i quoquote ko ulit sa mga d marunong umintindi at magbasa:
    If youre concerned about the reputation of West, this account is pretty much isolated so us Yahoo! agents sorta have our own world inside. And Yahoo! sups are very maalaga.

in FILIPINO: personal na experience ko tong mga sinulat ko. bagong account to and mababait ang mga sups namin dito.

d ako nambobola. kung ano ung nakalagay jan, yan un totoo.

and nathan: kung asar ka sa west, sa kanila mo ibuhos, wag sa akin. lumalabas tuloy na mukha kang walang pinagaralan.
  • LatmanstandingLatmanstanding Carpe diem! PExer
    ITO LANG MASASABI KO COMING FROM THE PIONEERING ACCOUNT AND BATCH OF THIS ****** COMPANY!!!!

THIS COMPANY SUCKS BIG TIME!!! IF YOU WANT TO WASTE A SLICE OF YOUR LIFE AND LEARN BITTERNESS OR HOW TO KISS ***, THEN GO AHEAD.

Now if you still wants to work for this "petiks" account, apply ka with sykes instead, they have the same account but without the infamous ****** management.
  • kazadekazade aloha milkyway! PExer
    ngayon lang ako naka encounter ng ganito kagalit na mga ex employees.. hehe.. ill just try elsewhere, marami pa naman jang iba eh..
  • Brandon96Brandon96 Currus Meus Fractus Est PExer
    Oo nga...OK ang post ni iceknight about the job, tapos nang nakit ako ang salitang "West", sabi ko NGYARKS!

Pero sige, I'll take my chances. Basta ba walang bond eh, so in case leche pala itong acct na ito kagaya ng ibang acct sa West eh makasibat agad ako. :)
  • autogeneratedautogenerated Cartero PExer
    You have a good house, your neighbor is not, and you had a bad village, so what's the difference? My analogy is... Bulok nga yung palakad sa ELK voice account sa 27th Floor, maganda daw ang account sa ibang floor pero iisa lang ang kumpanya eh pareho lang yun. Laki tax, laser print out, at walang BIR stamp ang ibibigay sa iyo na duda mo kung dinuktor. Walang xmas party dahil hindi nagoobserve ng Xmas ang may-ari. At iisa lang ang policy sa vacation leave, iipunin mo pa. Lalo na less than 15k pa sweldo mo. Binagsakan ka na ng bato hindi mo pa rin alam kung bakit.
    well, im not forcing any of you to work here. kung ayaw, wag. sus. this is for the people who even have a remote interest.

kung ayaw nyo any part of it, like what brandon said, umalis and magresign. West has no BOND.

and bakit ba mashadong big deal ang xmas party? FYI, our yahoo! account had 3 xmas parties - swimming party in laguna, inuman parties in makati and las pinas -- all 3 sponsored by our OM/client.

eto pa, blow by blow:
    HR can answer this. kung dinadaya talaga kayo and d nila masagot to your hearts content, resign.
    ----walang increase after 1 yr o khit anong increase bukod sa regularization n increase na 1 k
    - from the date of hire, six months ang appraisal, usually 1-2k ang increase. after that, yearly na. d pa kami na aappraise since this is only the 5th month of the account.
    -- not in this account. the supervisors here even admit if they did something wrong and are apologetic about it -- basta d lang sila binabastos.
    --ahehe. mejo totoo. kaya pagdating ng payday friday, nakapila kami lahat sa atms. :D
    ----makakuha k lang ng sick o vacation leave after 6 months i mean more than 6 mos kac iipunin mo leave mo starting after ur 6 mos stay
    -- e sino ba namang company ang magbibigay ng VLs and SLs kung d ka pa regularized?? 6 months to get regularized and thats where you start earning your VLs/SLs.
    walo po.
    maybe true in other accounts but NOT in yahoo.
    ----walang free coffee
    ----walang locker
    yeah. this is true.
    ----walang xmas party
    - i answered this already.
    - i dont know abut this one. baka naman kasi agent ka na feeling mo naman e alipin mo mga janitress?
    - the thing is, every company has their own weaknesses. siguro nga, malaki ang problema sa west. i know that, d ako *****. I didnt deny that and i wouldnt lie.

i just choose to see the positive side of this account im currently working on -- no AHT, CSATs, non calling, no stress and great team bonding. plus getting promoted faster since its a new account and west doesnt get management positions from outside the account.

uulitin ko: oo, siguro madaming kabulukan ang ibang account ng west, i am never forcing any of you guys to apply. to each his own. kung ayaw nyo, wag nyo.

sana naman maintindihan yan ng mga nagbabasa at malaki ang galit sa west.
    addendum: email address is teampetix_AT_yahoo.com.ph

remove _AT_ and replace with (this is to prevent spambots)
  • GaEl23MlaGaEl23Mla Member PExer
    I have worked in several call centers already and lahat ng center merong masamang masasabi ang mga resigned/terminated employees. It is also a fact in whatever center na merong palakasan... na merong nagmamarunong and merong inde qualified na nappromote. Then again, in whichever industry, this happens.
    It is still up to the employee how you are gonna make your stay in a company worthwhile...
    On the post quoted below, 1. iIf you werent sure kung magkano kinakaltas for your taxes, you can always call up comp and ben or even BIR for that matter and ask for a tax table.
    2. most call centers give out a salary increase after the 6 month proby period then a quarterly appraisal after that based on performance. Then again, this is entirely the prerogative of the company and if they decide not to, they really wont be breaking any laws.
    3.leave credits are awarded only to regular employees - MEANING you have to be employed at least 6 months.
    Finally, IMO, it is tiring reading about all the negative things being said about a lot of call centers. point is, sa dami ng call centers ngayon na pedeng lipatan, people just concentrates on looking for faults. Pag d napromote, aalis. Pag may problema sa sweldo, aalis. Sometimes, you have to make a move to help out the company para maayos ito. Kung lahat magrereklamolang at wala namang gagawin para makatulong... sana d nalng nagsasalita :)

eto para sa mga gustong magapply sa west pag natanggap ka eto ang mga maeexperience mo

----walang free coffee
    ----walang locker
    ----walang xmas party
  • autogeneratedautogenerated Cartero PExer
    Maraming call centers may lockers kaya kung lilipat ka sa West yun ang isa sa unang irereklamo mo

From what he said, OM and/or client ang sumagot ng party kaya kuripot ang may-ari

Been there more more than 1 year. True, sa 6th month pa ako mag-aavail ng leave dahil regularized ako. Pero look at this: After you are regularized you are given 3 hours leave every payday kaya assuming 6 hours per 4 weeks, 36 hours per 24 weeks. Kaya 36-39 hours ang makukuha mo kung umabot ka ng 1st year (kung di ka pa nagrerequest ng leave). 8 hours to complete 1 work day. So if you can use division, 4-5 days lang yun. Sa ibang CC, 10-15 days na ang credit mo sa after 1st year, yung iba after 6th month pa.

I dont complain the amount they deduct taxes, normal yun. Most nations had taxes on income. Ang laking duda mo yung walang BIR stamp ang ibibigay na pre-filled BIR Form sa iyo. Laser printout pa pati signature ng HR officer scanned. Kaya di mo alam kung dinudoktor lang ito.

Sleeping areas walang pinto! Sakit ng ulo mo dahil yung humihilik dinig kahit 10 meters ang layo sa sleeping area. Dinig mo rin sa loob ng room yung nagtratrabaho sa labas. Sana man lang lagyan ng pinto kahit kita sa glass window yung natutulog. Beneficial for you working and you sleeping.

This is the only bank na alam ko na kulay Orange at laging offline every time may sweldo ang West. Offline in two ways. Offine mismo ang ATM machine sa ground floor or Offline ang Export bank ATM account at ibang Bancnet cards pwedeng gamitin. Lumipat ka man ng ibang Bancnet ATM, offline pa rin.

I dont have complaints about Yahoo. Fortune 500 yan. Pero remember what you will place on your resume is the name of your outsource company at hindi ka empleyado ng Yahoo. Payag ako if Yahoo would locate a local center in the Philippines. Kahit maliit sweldo ko ok lang dahil Yahoo na ang representation ko.

So you must look it in 360 degrees before you can see the real picture. May be I can invite other P-Ex readers to our company once they open their chat support in July.
    Normal lang yan may disgruntled employees, a company can not really please everybody. Normal is 3% - 5% disgruntled employees, may nakaaway, ginago, neglected and other possible reasons. What is abnormal with west is 99.999999% of all employees is disgruntled. Also I understand IceKnight ang point mo, me too when i was starting with west i had a feeling that i'm part of something good. We worked hard and we even made elnk-manila no.1 talo lahat ng global west centers. I stayed with the company for more than a year hoping that things will change, that they will live up to their promises. But things did not change, and in the end i decided that i'm only wasting my time here.
    Let me point out for you what we all have experienced:

1. Salary increase after 6 months based on your performance - My appraisal then is 4.3 highest is 5, yet i was given a 1k salary increase. Those lazy agents who only come to work thrice a week also got a 1k salary increase. Talk about fair compensation. :bop:

2. Promotion based on performance again - I was bypassed every time there is an opening, now i did not say i was a shoo in but let us say based on my performance and dedication i should be deserving. Tapos may napromote 1 month pa lang sa floor and can't even compare with your performace, yun pala ka relasyon ng isang top man dyan. Those still with west right now, you know what i'm talking about.

3. Questionable salary deduction. - I was in the night shift forever my salary is 17k + 1, of course kasama na dun 20% night diff. But i'm only getting around 14k a month. So the mathematics of west is like this. 17k + 1k = 14k :rotflmao:

4. Little emperors, king and princesses. Most supervisor and qa there acts like they own this call center or they own you. Laging panakot iteterminate ka, i piping ka and whatever they think about. They are so lazy they do nothing everyday, kahit sup call na yun na lang trabaho nila tataguan ka pa. Pati mag organize ng team building ( very important in a very stressful job) hindi pa magawa ang reason wala raw budget west for such an event ( malamang xmas party nga sa basement ginawa eh).

5. Their flasghip account ( bread and butter to ng west) is slowly fading away. Last i heard only 200 agents remained from 1000 + agent when we were starting. Even one of their OM just recently jump ship( why? maybe because he knows that the ship is sinking! ). So better think about it, if they can not take good care the hands that are feeding them, what more those little accounts that are still starting (namely yahoo).

Now i don't have anything against yahoo, maybe west already learned something about their failed flagship account. Ang akin lang you can not deny all the cumulative bad experienced that most former employees have experienced with west. Just like i said if you want to waste a slice of your life then go ahead apply. But think about this: call centers are plenty they sprout like mushrooms in metro manila alone CHOOSE, COMPARE AND WEIGH THEM, THEN YOU DECIDE.
  • to iceknight most probably isa ka sa mga tuta ng west. masyadong transparent ang west actually kakaresign ko lang last week kaya kung d ko alam n may referral program d ko alam kc ganon sa west. gano k n ba katagal dyan sa west ako elk p lang ang account nand2 n ko. kaya lang ako nagsaty dahil sa mga barkada ko. at first natuwa ako kc feeling ko maganda yung company, i worked hard but later on narealize ko wala pala kwenta. kung cnasabi mong bka wala akong pinagaralan ok lang at least im not like u na cguro sa referral program n cnasabi mo bka pera yung makukuha mo wala kang pakialam samga makakabasa nito at maaakit sa mga pinagsasabi mo. im not like u punk *** ***. lahat ng makakabasa nito ay may karapatan n malaman kung ano totoo sa west. kung ikaw pera lang habol mo e mas wala kang pinagaralan sa kin. ur as rotten as ur company
  • ano pa yung cnabi mo
    ---- e sino ba namang company ang magbibigay ng VLs and SLs kung d ka pa regularized?? 6 months to get regularized and thats where you start earning your VLs/SLs.

DELL ang sagot
    autogenerated & lastmanstanding: well, like what I've said, i know west aint really popular when it comes to employee management and i know there are a lot of frustrated agents in here and i dont deny that but there are already two threads here about West's reputation and if other flamers want to bash the company, dun na lng sana sa threads na un. I may have posted this topic in the wrong category but I was hoping for maximum exposure.

so, again, I've stated the bare facts (as truthfully and as honestly as I can from my own personal experience) about this job opening, this is for those who are willing and are interested in a non-calling position. if they dont like it, im not forcing them to apply. un lang.

on another topic, lastmanstanding: i know sykes has yahoo too, pero d ba sykes amsterdam has the non-calling yahoo accounts and not sykes manila?
    geezus, nathansilveria, how dense can you get??? this is my last response to your post if you keep trolling.

for the NTH time, Im not denying that west has a reputation as popular as rotten trash dumped inside your room, ok? im not even denying that the account youve worked with sucks real bad. but dude, there are TWO FRIGGIN OTHER THREADS about West's notoriety in here, dun ka magpost ng dissat mo and not on my thread! THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT WEST REPUTATION. Im 100% sure alam na ng ibang readers dito ang reputation ng west.

and another thing, if you want people to respect you and for you not to look like an uncivilized couth, why dont you try respecting other people's opinions first even if they are not the same as yours instead of resorting name-calling and cursing them?

look at autogenerated and lastmanstanding's posts. they are as angry and dissatisfied as you are but they at least had the decency and clout to argue in a civilized manner, WITHOUT calling other posters derogatory names, cursing and stereotyping? geez. learn some manners please.

in filipino baka d mo maintindihan: wag kang bastos para d ka bastusin. d po bawal dito ang maayos na pakikipagusap sa ibang tao kahit na d kayo magkapareho ng opinyon. and hindi porke't magkaiba na kayo ng opinyon, ibig sabihin noon e aawayin mo na sya na parang may malaki syang kasalanan na ginawa sa iyo.
    Ice Knight: Yahoo account with sykes is like this, this is secondhand info. coz i don't work for that account, i'm with router management account. This is according to someone who is working on that account.

They are responsible for making sure that no pornography or whatever illegal materials is posted on yahoo 360 or yahoo mail. Other than that i dont have any info, but m sure it is similar with the account west had right now.
    lastman: ah. then its a different category with us. ung sa inyo is about yahoo blogs, samin naman is about yahoo personals (online dating thingy)

same work type tho, no pornography and obscene stuff.

--- so in short, pareho lng ung sa sykes and us na we get paid for 'viewing' porn.

wahehe.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file