Home PEx Sports PBA

TNT signs ex-Pistons forward as new import

TNT signs ex-Pistons forward as new import
Manila Bulletin

AFTER THEIR Game 2 loss to the Air 21 Express, the Talk and Text Phone Pals yesterday announced that they have signed former Detroit Pistons forward Darvin Ham as their new import in their best-of-five quarterfinals series in the San Mig Coffee PBA Fiesta Conference.

Ham, who played for the Pistons when they won the NBA championship in 2004, has been in town since last Saturday and will make his debut in tomorrow’s Game 3.

Ham, 32, will replace Damien Cantrell, who helped Talk and Text get into the quarterfinal round. The series is tied at 1-1. The winner of the series will face Purefoods in the best-of-seven semifinal round.

According to team manager Frankie Lim, it was a mutual decision between Cantrell and the management to bring in a replacement import.

"Damien has a hamstring injury and we’re worried na baka ma-aggravate," said Lim. "Sa performance at attitude wala kaming problema sa kanya (Cantrell)."

"We talked to him (Cantrell) first and we all agreed that it would be the best for the team to get a replacement."

Even Phone Pals coach Joel Banal said before that it’s hard to replace an import like Cantrell, who gives his one hundred percent every game.

Banal and the Phone Pals are now hoping that Ham will bring home the bacon for them.

Although listed in the NBA handbook as 6-7, he is expected to meet the maximum PBA height limit of 6-6 for this conference when he is measured today.

A journeyman player, Ham has seen action in various professional leagues in the US and Europe, but this is his first stint in Asia.

He was a member of the Texas Tech college team in the NCAA that made it the Sweet 16 in 1996. He has the distinction of having shattered a backboard off a slam dunk in one of his team’s games.

Comments

• now this will bring more crowd when TNT plays! dakdakan to! :D hehehe!! but personally i like cantrell more coz he has a perimeter shot unlike ham.. that is ham's problem in the NBA. wala siyang outside shooting.
  • rubberdickeyrubberdickey PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I agree w/ u spongklong wala nga outside shot c Ham pero nothing to worry marami naman outside shooter ang TNT ei kailangan talaga nila Big Man pang support kay ASI atsaka pang matchup nila doon sa import ng AiR 21..
  • Damien Cantrell is the best import for TNT......EVER!
  • Mukhang si chandler and daniels na lang ang natitirang original import for this conference.

Sa yang cantrell he's such a good import for TNT. He's a hard worker and a team player. Sana maging effective si DArvin HAm sa TNT besides i saw him play when he was in Detroit Pistons, Dunker to pero medyo walang outside shooting.
  • TNT signs ex-Pistons forward as new import
    Manila Bulletin

AFTER THEIR Game 2 loss to the Air 21 Express, the Talk and Text Phone Pals yesterday announced that they have signed former Detroit Pistons forward Darvin Ham as their new import in their best-of-five quarterfinals series in the San Mig Coffee PBA Fiesta Conference.

Ham, who played for the Pistons when they won the NBA championship in 2004, has been in town since last Saturday and will make his debut in tomorrow’s Game 3.

Ham, 32, will replace Damien Cantrell, who helped Talk and Text get into the quarterfinal round. The series is tied at 1-1. The winner of the series will face Purefoods in the best-of-seven semifinal round.

According to team manager Frankie Lim, it was a mutual decision between Cantrell and the management to bring in a replacement import.

"Damien has a hamstring injury and we’re worried na baka ma-aggravate," said Lim. "Sa performance at attitude wala kaming problema sa kanya (Cantrell)."

"We talked to him (Cantrell) first and we all agreed that it would be the best for the team to get a replacement."

Even Phone Pals coach Joel Banal said before that it’s hard to replace an import like Cantrell, who gives his one hundred percent every game.

Banal and the Phone Pals are now hoping that Ham will bring home the bacon for them.

- i don't know bout you but this made me hungry. eggs anyone?!? :lol:
  • animo_92animo_92 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    natawa rin ako dun... so will the ham bring home the bacon for tnt??? Dapat ata sa purefoods na lang ito e. :lol:

seriuosly, i hope air21 will go on to the semifinals... :)
  • well, baka gusto ng TNT ung medyo aggressive. medyo laid-back kasi style ni DC pero very effective naman. Well.. sayang xa.
  • adonis827adonis827 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    si ham ba talaga? legit nba veteran iyan e. kailan ba sched ng mga laro ng tnt?
  • Astig, sana naman makatulong bg malaki si Ham kahit papano...
  • Di nga ako makapaniwala na import na si Ham. Just 2 years ago he was playing with a championship team.
  • DI10DI10 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    HAM!?!?!? seryoso?? well i guess since hindi si quinito nagsulat baka nga pwedeng totoo...ayos may nba card ako nito! diba eto yung magaling dumakdak (or mahilig)? alala ko nasa lumang nba live ko pa siya e
  • I like to see a Ham vs Canaleta slam dunk contest! hahaha!
    Di ba mahina din sa free throw si Ham?
  • *****.... It's great to see Ham playing for a PBA team.. medyo nag iimprove na yung quality of imports na kinukuha ng pba teams ah
  • i have yet to see him play here in the PBA but i think i can compare him to former Tanduay import Ira Clark.. quite a wide body with a tremendous vertical leap..
  • ruck_fules wrote:
    - i don't know bout you but this made me hungry. eggs anyone?!? :lol:
    di ko napanood laban ng tnt kagabi may sakit ako kasi, pero naguton ako din kelangn ko na ata magbreakfast. sana si darko nalang kinuha nila. :D
  • dpat nga c darko nlng!
  • Uy, Ham nga!
  • TheJumpMan wrote:
    Uy, Ham nga!

Mwhahahaha! :D
  • WOOHOOO

deeee-troit basket-balll! haha
  • iTcAnTbEdOnEiTcAnTbEdOnE PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    how much money does mvp take out from his wallet just to get ham? darvin has to be the most legit nba player to play here. i dont count ceballos since he's way past his prime when he played here.