And wipe your tears with it

Oh Philippines, Beloved Motherland
Just atleast to ease your burden

It's all I know I can
To honor and lift you up

I'll buy you thousand Flags
And seek those heroic hearts

We will march and wave your Flag
And proclaim with all our hearts.........

"Love for Motherland"

On June 12, 2006 , Independence Day, Our founding day. I am inviting all movers, members
Flag enthusiasts, symphatizers and all the Nation Loving-Filipinos to join our
Flag March, which will hopefully become… a yearly tradition of Flag Society
Philippines.

I will allocate month of my salary to buy thousand flags to provide for
marchers in this coming event. The flag will be given free for the marchers. Please display the flag in front of your home after the march.

last June 12 2005, more than hundred participated, marchers and bikers

Being the founding chairman of the Society, I feel that I have an obligation
to do bolder step before inviting anyone to join our Society and the future sponsors to support our
cause.

My intention for this is to hasten our purpose in propagating Patriotic Awareness
using the Flag, as we hope, would bring us all to the bridge of Patriotic enlightenment.
to build a new sense of national spirit of unity.

Where displaying and waving of Flags, will not just end... as... a mere Patriotic expression but a new PATRIOTIC PHYLOSOPHY , that, with faith , may one day help our Country to move forward.

The FLAG MARCH sole intention, is for us to symbolize our love for the Motherland
It is not designed to protest, to destabilize the present and future administrations or
Goverments, nor it has been supporting pasts political personalities.

FSP is non-political, non-secterian, non-rightist, non-leftist ideological symphatizer
nor regional, but PRO-COUNTRY , pro-patriotism with non isolationalist nationalistic
view.

But i must be clear that marchers will not receive any payment for participating the march.
Just as it is during the first Flag March, walang hakot, walang bayad

The essence of this SACRIFICIAL MARCH will be dedicated for Our Country, Our fallen Hereos,
Our Flag ,The OFW's , The Filipino People, and our renewed hopes to see a better Philippines.

I do not aspire for anything, I just dont want to die in vain not showing how much I love my
country despite all the odds. I know we all do, but we just don’t know where to start.

People tend to believe that the only way to save the ailing country is by means of radical or dramatic
changes, this thinking is very dangerous and could lead to greater chaos, That some adventurist and
ideological idealism are tempted to sow out this belief thru bloody confrontation.

Maybe.....just maybe we can start with a simple step Thru non violent means we can make a statement.
we can make a stand by holding, waving tha Flag, and by displaying the National Symbol at home
we can ignite the fire of PATRIOTIC RENEWAL.

Part of our advocacy is to encourage the populace, to patronize the Flag.
where displaying of the Philippine Flag will hopefully become a tradition of every Filipino homes.

Bilang Parol ng mga Pilipinong Nagmamahal sa Bayan.

And we still need to work also for flag-giving projects for free to Filipino communities.

The Flag should never be treated anymore as a Flagpole thing at schools and at work , but one day
we hope to see it in the hands, feel it in the hearts of Filipinos.

The Country is deprived of love she deserves. Its not too late, we can renew our hopes.

and we can symbolize this new hope.

Lets inspire one another, lets create an inspiring story that our country is craving.

A simple step HOLDING THE FLAG may spark the upliftment of our country.

THE COUNTRY is in dire need of new spirits, a national spirit, a new perception to redefine love of country.

We must love our Country. It is the first step, and therein, from collective effort, we can achieve
the impossible.

The Flag will become a symbol of hope, of the country and Filipinos, and will become a feared symbol of the uncaring and selfish personalities. as it spread, from one Filipino to another, from one home to another.

And lets show our fellow Filipinos at home and abroad and the world that Philippines is not a country without patriots.

If your Filipino enough and tired, fed up of hopelessness and negativism that shadows our society...................................

Join us and lets begin .....

symbolize this hope.

SAPAGKAT TAYONG LAHAT AY PILIPINO!

Bagong sigla, bagong pananaw ng pagmamahal sa bayan

www.flagsociety.ph
[email protected]

Ang Aking Nobela http://www.flagsociety.ph/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31

Comments

• freakster2k1freakster2k1 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    im curious, does the flag has to be manufactured in the philippines? or could the flag be bought wholesale from another country? i asked this koz of the predicament one is in. i will explain later, i just need a confirmation.
  • im curious, does the flag has to be manufactured in the philippines? or could the flag be bought wholesale from another country? i asked this koz of the predicament one is in. i will explain later, i just need a confirmation.

Hi Freakster ! i dont know if there is a law prohibiting the National Flag to be manufactured abroad. Im not sure if we can get cheaper wholesaleprice abroad.

I normally buy flags in Sta.Cruz , Avenida. They will give you discount depending on the the volume you will order.

What predicament are you in to?

But I will be leaving next week for work as an OFW.

Maiba ako frakster2k1

I know we will fail to mobilize thousand marchers this coming June. I may even be marching alone when i get back hehe.

Im just hopeful or we may call this wishful thinking.

I just hope that we Filipinos could spare a day honoring the country. But i know we will fail.

A call for a guiness book of world record perhaps may even have some more appeal "the biggest flag march gathering", but the real essence of what we are trying to advocate is that " The flag march might spark an inspiring story that may lead us all to embrace the Motherland " then perhaps a brighter future awaits.

I'll take this opportunity to ask you. Is it worth pursuing this Flag March? or many see this as...just another traffic nuissance activity ?
    i always thought of our flag's history of it being manufactured abroad: i believe it was in HK when they first made the Filipino Flag. and i suppose the one they sell commercially are also manufactured abroad. This is important because to have pride, we need to create nationalism; and as u have said what is more nationalistic than a flag march: however, is flags manufactured abroad nationalistic? Will one feel that my country's flag, having a seal of 'made in china' would make us patriotic? i dont know.

and to answer your query, i will see it as another traffic nuissance. it is not necessary to march inorder to show one's love for the country; marching is propaganda. im always curious in why we call OFW's heroes, atleast why our government calls them heroes. They left not inorder to promote nationalism abroad, but to support their family. i dont see anything heroic in that. What i meant is, in order to show our love for our country; we need not demonstrate it publicly-- we just have to do things that will better not only our family, not only our community, but the country as a whole. if it means a petition on deforestration, or electing wiser politicians, or buying filipino made flags-- i dont know. but for sure, to demonstrate it publicly will be useless, if the flag has a seal ' made in china'.
  • Its true the Philippine flag was sewn in Hongkong.
    I'll reply on your insight later

The makers of the Philippine Flag

The Philippine flag, sewn by three Filipino women in Morrison Hill, Hong Kong, was first unfurled in Cavite in 1898 but was officially recognized only 21 years later.

It was only in October 1919 when the Flag Law, authored by then Sen. Rafael Palma, was approved and signed into law, after years of the banning of the display of the Philippine flag for being "disloyal and unfaithful" to the United States.

General Emilio Aguinaldo conceived and designed the Philippine flag and asked Marcela Agoncillo, wife of another Filipino patriot, Felipe Agoncillo, to make the flag together with her daughter, Lorenza, who at the time was only seven years old. They were aided by the niece of national hero Jose P. Rizal, Delfina Herbosa Natividad.

When the three Filipino women began sewing the Philippine Flag, perhaps, little did they know that they would go down in history as its makers.

For five day, the house at 535 Morrison Hill in Hong Kong became a silent witness in the making of the tri-colored rectangular flag composed of blue and red fields with white equilateral triangle on the left side.

Its main feature is the white equilateral, which, according to the Junta, was "inspired by that of the rebels in Cuba" who were also fighting for independence against Spain. However, many believed that it is a memento of the Katipunan standard as the three Ks of the Katipunan were sometimes arranged in triangular manner, considering also that most of the insignias of the Katipunan, patterned after Masonic emblems, were triangular in shape.

In the center of the white equilateral triangle is the golden sun with eight rays and three five-pointed stars in each corner. The eight-rayed golden sun represented the first eight provinces that courageously defied and revolted against the Spaniards-Manila, Cavite, Bulacan, Pampanga, Tarlac, Batangas, Laguna and Nueva Ecija.

Similar revolts against Spanish rule soon spread to other parts of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao-the three geographical regions of the country represented by the three five-pointed stars.

Interestingly, the colors of the Flag also have meaning. The white symbolizes purity and peace; the blue symbolizes the high political purpose and ideals; while courage, bravery, heroism and willingness to shed blood in defense of the country are embodied in the red field.

Then called "Sun and Stars," the flag reached Philippine soil on May 19, 1898, with General Aguinaldo aboard the McCulloch. The flag was unfurled after the battle at Alapan, a barrio between Imus and Kawit, on May 28, 1898.

Before long, the most awaited event in Philippine history took place. It was Sunday on June 12, 1898 when General Emilio Aguinaldo waved before the crowd in Kawit the Philippine National Flag amid the majestic fervor of the Marcha Nacional Filipina, signifying independence. June 12 later became the National Independence Day by virtue of Proclamation No. 28 of then President Diosdado Macapagal.

Indeed, the event was a heart-moving occasion for the Filipinos who had long-struggled for liberty. However, the flag had yet to face obstacles.

On March 23, 1901, a few years after the outbreak of the Philippine-American War, General Aguinaldo was finally captured in Palanan, Isabela. The flag flying in front of his headquarters was taken down. On August 23, 1907, the Philippine Commission promulgated Act No. 1696 or the Flag Law. This law, on the grounds of being "disloyal and unfaithful" to the United States, banned the use or display of the Philippine National Flag.

Considering the Law as a violation of the fundamental principle of free expression and an offense to the Filipino people, Filipino leaders launched several attempts to repeal the law, to no avail.

Fortunately, Filipinos found an ally in Governor-General Francis Burton Harrison who recommended the repeal of the Flag Law under Act No. 2871. Sen. Rafael Palma, heeding the call of Governor Harrison, presented Senate Bill No. 1 repealing the Flag Law, which the latter approved and signed in October 1919, even proclaiming October 30 as Flag Day. On May 12, 1962, Proclamation Order No. 146 of President Elpidio Quirino moved the Flag Day to June 12.

The Flag Day, however, is now celebrated every May 28 by virtue of Proclamation No. 374 of President Macapagal issued on March 6, 1965. By Executive Order No. 179 of President Fidel Ramos issued on May 24, 1994, the Philippine National Flag shall be on display in all public buildings, government institutions and official residences from May 24 to June 12.
  • i always thought of our flag's history of it being manufactured abroad: i believe it was in HK when they first made the Filipino Flag. and i suppose the one they sell commercially are also manufactured abroad. This is important because to have pride, we need to create nationalism; and as u have said what is more nationalistic than a flag march: however, is flags manufactured abroad nationalistic? Will one feel that my country's flag, having a seal of 'made in china' would make us patriotic? i dont know.

and to answer your query, i will see it as another traffic nuissance. it is not necessary to march inorder to show one's love for the country; marching is propaganda. im always curious in why we call OFW's heroes, atleast why our government calls them heroes. They left not inorder to promote nationalism abroad, but to support their family. i dont see anything heroic in that. What i meant is, in order to show our love for our country; we need not demonstrate it publicly-- we just have to do things that will better not only our family, not only our community, but the country as a whole. if it means a petition on deforestration, or electing wiser politicians, or buying filipino made flags-- i dont know. but for sure, to demonstrate it publicly will be useless, if the flag has a seal ' made in china'.

Theres grain of truth in what you have shared. That is one reason we are trying to open a new perception. A new Filipino spirit of expreesing ones love for the country.

The country is facing extra ordinary problems and perhaps we need an extra ordinary initiatives to inspire the oneness of our fellows. As we see this flag march as a patriotic stimulants that has never been tried.

As for me, The greatest problem of our nation is divisiveness, but then this is just me.

The haunting controversy that surrounds the National Emblem and the man who designed it , should somehow be resolve. Many…hasn’t overcome yet the dark myth of our history, that includes the flag. This is one reason some militants and activist don’t use the Flag in their street activities. But then we can see some insurgents photos , from broadsheet and tv news they are using the Red flag with the Hammer and Sickle.

But… if one has a proposal to change the flag. Which I believe…will face great waves of ressistance. This call will become unpopular. One time a Senator, I believe it was Eddie Ilarde who proposed the country’s name Philippines be change to Maharlika. As expected it was scorned off. Though… he may have had some sound reasoning.

As for the flag march, It is… once a year activity. June 12 is a non-working no-class holiday, but of course it will still have some effects on traffic flow.

As we hope…June 12 should be a day to set aside different beliefs, political, sectarian views, regional and other form of sense of belonging stand . A day or for a day or for one brief moment we can all feel sense of togetherness as Filipinos. Therein , it might spark a gradual positive domino effect for greater call…a politically matured electorate might be next thing .

Again we need to do some extra-ordinary effort to face extra-ordinary problems. But I’ll take note of your views as I am the author whos proposing the Flag March.

Salamat freakster2k1
  • raikou_99raikou_99 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Yes yes. I love the Philippines. I believe there is a great destiny ahead of us. I am sure of it. :)

Kailangan lang talaga magkaisa tayong lahat para sa pagbabago. Easier said than done, but not impossible!
    This is important because to have pride, we need to create nationalism; and as u have said what is more nationalistic than a flag march: however, is flags manufactured abroad nationalistic? Will one feel that my country's flag, having a seal of 'made in china' would make us patriotic? i dont know.

imo, medyo superficial issue na 'to. it really doesn't matter where it was made. if we sincerely love our own country, even its name won't matter because our hearts only call it by one name: "My Motherland."
    Theres grain of truth in what you have shared. That is one reason we are trying to open a new perception. A new Filipino spirit of expreesing ones love for the country.

The country is facing extra ordinary problems and perhaps we need an extra ordinary initiatives to inspire the oneness of our fellows. As we see this flag march as a patriotic stimulants that has never been tried.

As for me, The greatest problem of our nation is divisiveness, but then this is just me.

The haunting controversy that surrounds the National Emblem and the man who designed it , should somehow be resolve. Many…hasn’t overcome yet the dark myth of our history, that includes the flag. This is one reason some militants and activist don’t use the Flag in their street activities. But then we can see some insurgents photos , from broadsheet and tv news they are using the Red flag with the Hammer and Sickle.

But… if one has a proposal to change the flag. Which I believe…will face great waves of ressistance. This call will become unpopular. One time a Senator, I believe it was Eddie Ilarde who proposed the country’s name Philippines be change to Maharlika. As expected it was scorned off. Though… he may have had some sound reasoning.

As for the flag march, It is… once a year activity. June 12 is a non-working no-class holiday, but of course it will still have some effects on traffic flow.

As we hope…June 12 should be a day to set aside different beliefs, political, sectarian views, regional and other form of sense of belonging stand . A day or for a day or for one brief moment we can all feel sense of togetherness as Filipinos. Therein , it might spark a gradual positive domino effect for greater call…a politically matured electorate might be next thing .

Again we need to do some extra-ordinary effort to face extra-ordinary problems. But I’ll take note of your views as I am the author whos proposing the Flag March.

Salamat freakster2k1

i guess we differ in opinion. where as you find the need for a collective response, and i dont. nationalism can only influence if and only if, it was done intellectually. That is we discuss what it is, rather than shout slogans promoting it. Nationalism is reserved to those that can afford it. those working for 3 meals a day, cannot afford to be in the street shouting their love for the country, they would rather leave (for another country) or work OT to feed their love ones.
    raikou_99 wrote:

imo, medyo superficial issue na 'to. it really doesn't matter where it was made. if we sincerely love our own country, even its name won't matter because our hearts only call it by one name: "My Motherland."

You miss my point. I was referring to any patriotic act, that the foundation is more important than what it projects. If the fundation is iffy, that is, its core is not strong, then whatever we hope to project, and or is projecting will be useless, since nationalism is not the act of being proud of one's nation, but an intellectual process which includes culture and tradition.
  • raikou_99 wrote:
    Yes yes. I love the Philippines. I believe there is a great destiny ahead of us. I am sure of it. :)

Kailangan lang talaga magkaisa tayong lahat para sa pagbabago. Easier said than done, but not impossible!

Thats true, we must be hopeful. Para sa kapakanan ng bayan. Hoping is the first step that can be turned to a pro-active stand.

Alam natin na imposible ang pag kakaisa, Our leaders, the churches, the business institutions are making never ending calls to unite the people but to no avail.

Kayat maari sigurong subukan natin na manggaling sa ating mga ordinaryong mamayan. A statement to symbolize unity coming from the sovereign people of this nation.

There is a price to pay. A collective sacrifice...to achieve common good.
    Until we are not ready to embrace sacrificial phylosophy, then we will continue to hear tales of a divided people.

Salamat raikou_99 , we must keep on hoping
  • i guess we differ in opinion. where as you find the need for a collective response, and i dont. nationalism can only influence if and only if, it was done intellectually. That is we discuss what it is, rather than shout slogans promoting it. Nationalism is reserved to those that can afford it. those working for 3 meals a day, cannot afford to be in the street shouting their love for the country, they would rather leave (for another country) or work OT to feed their love ones.

It is obvious that we are on the different side, But, really I do respect your views on this matter and i may even copy/paste it in our site. and actually im soliciting opinions that differs my stand.

No. flag march is not intended as an alternative to intellectual discussions, but a support or back-up to strenghten diplomatic effort for unity based dialogue.

Its not that people are losing hopes to the intellectual capacities of our intellects. But perhaps, what bother us is the missing element... The wisdom in coping to go deeper in finding for solutions. But of course we dont have that authority to initiate, we are just ordinary citizens. We can leave this to the authorities. But we can inspire them to lead us to inspire us.

For a moment, lets visualize.. the Church Leaders of various major churches Barangay leaders, NGO's, Student Councils, Political parties has organized a Flag march. And the rallying point is to end the cycle of hatred that is affecting the people and the nation. That for once, a major thrust, a needed push to raise the morale of every one of us, of Filipinos.......that, to achieved the grand desire for prosperity is we have to pay the price...and we may see the beauty of the Flag March as not a sacrifice too much to ask.

It might even be the trigger for our National Hope to see a better Philippines.

But then the vision of course is just always leaning to impossibilty. But that's the beauty of the challenge.

I remember a movie titled Pay It Forward, where a teacher, on the first day of class. Dared his grade school students and wrote this words on the blackboard...

" Think of an idea, that will make this world a better place to live "

Salamat muli freakster2k1
    raikou_99 wrote:

You miss my point. I was referring to any patriotic act, that the foundation is more important than what it projects. If the fundation is iffy, that is, its core is not strong, then whatever we hope to project, and or is projecting will be useless, since nationalism is not the act of being proud of one's nation, but an intellectual process which includes culture and tradition.
    leon,

i understand you completely, its just i wonder if the people marching really understand what they are marching for. and are the leader leading understand what they are leading these marchers for? Or is the only prerequisite is a body count.?
  • leon,

i understand you completely, its just i wonder if the people marching really understand what they are marching for. and are the leader leading understand what they are leading these marchers for? Or is the only prerequisite is a body count.?

freakster2k1

Salamat sa pang-unawa.

Nowadays it appears... theres a notion, The body count impression. But i want to look at this as collective effort.

Being an infant movement i like to imagine that somehow we made some progression about the challenge, and to think we we're all inexperienced civic organizers

The marchers were actually bit skeptical of the idea at first. But... prior to the march day, i have already been doing some efforts communicating to them what its all about.

Mas marami sanang sasama noon sa martsa. But... a week before June 12 last year, there was another political unrest sparked by an NBI deputy director.

So medyo bad luck, It was our founding day. We were thinking na magkaroon na lang ng salo-salo, dahil 4 months ding kaming nagprepare, series of meetings, name giving, pre registration sa SEC, and so on...But with consultation sa mga miyembro ay nagkasundong its a good start, na sa founding day ay sakripisyong martsa ang aming gawin instead na founding day celebration.

So mabalik ako. Ang nangyari natakot yung iba sanang gustong sumama, fearing the ongoing volatile situation at that time. . baka magkaroon ng misconception na pro or anti kami kung kanino. Dahil since nung pumutok yung issue ni Ong ay nakakalat yung mga anti-riot police.

I decided to call off the march nung June 10, Medyo malungkot dahil ang tagal naming pinaghandaan tapos yun ang nangyari, yung timing ng Sammy Ong bombshell. So eto ako tawag dito, tawag don. ganun din sila tinatawagan ako. E nakapag organize na din ang iba pang miyembro. Nakabili na ako ng 100 nylon flags and 200 flaglets

So nahati, wala namang pilitan, kung may mangyari nga namang hindi maganda ay resposabilidad ko. Yung taga Sampaloc desidong ituloy ang martsa. Ang sabi ko na lang , ganito nalang gawin natin magko-commute na lang tayo tapos magpicture taking tayo sa bantayog ni Jose Rizal para i-post natin sa website. So agree na lahat. pero meron talagang gustong ituloy, parang excercise narin daw.

Alam mo mga first timer kaming lahat sa ganitong aktibidad, Ewan ko medyo na-move din ako sa mga kasama ko, kasi nakita ko yung bayanihan effort, Si brgy Chairman nag produce ng last minute permit. Mayroong naglalagay ng mga tubig sa containers, may nag offer na bumili ng yelo, yung kapatid ko diko alam nagpaluto pala ng tapsilog 100 tetra-pack, A day earlier namalengke na kami. We prepared boiled eggs pang-sandwich, Juice. at yung isang kaibigan ko, with short notice ay sumunod dala sa kanyang truck hundred of bottled mineral water. There was chuch choir group na sumama.

Bago kami nag-martsa ay tinitingnan ko ang mga mukha nila, there was hesitation. But then as soon we started maching from single step , then another hanggang sa talagang lumalakad na kami sa initan ng araw ay ramdam kong tumataas ang morale ng mga marchers.

But Di nagtagal eto na. Bago mag forbes ay hinarang kami ng ilang pulis at ang mga anti-riot police naka-standby sa isang sulok. Then sabi namin may permit kami. check ngayon nila yung permit . Then gustong makausap ang leader. Nung lalapit ako hinarang ako ng mga kasama ko. Katwiran nila paalis na daw ako by July baka magkaroon ng komplikasyon sa pag alis ko. Sila na daw ang makikipag usap. Sabi ko hindi may permit naman tayo at wala naman tayong hangaring masama. OO nga pero sinong makakaunawa nito.

But then bago ako makalapit ay nag go signal yung police officer na ok ang permit and we can proceed. Twice pa kaming hinarang ng mga pulis pero niradyuhan nila yung naunang humarang. at binigyan kami ng clearance hanggang marating namin ang aming destinasyon. Sa bantayog ni Rizal at sa malaking Flagpole doon.

Sa Luneta humingi pa kami ng permiso para mag picture taking sa grupo din ng mga anti riot headed by a major. Tiningnan yung mga streamers namin baka may mga nakasulat na hindi maganda. Then pina escort kami sa mga tao niya papuntang flag pole. Yung isang escort kinukunan kami ng pictures sa cellphone niya . Akala ko para sa police file nila. pero nung pag lapit ko sabi niya " Ang ganda palang tingnan pag maraming tao ang may hawak ng Flag" "Sana dumami pa kayo" natuwa ako sa sinabi niya.

Kasalukuyang may mga turista noon from HK, China at mayroong ilang Hapon. Nag-usisa yung ilang nakakapag english. What are we up to, kala siguro nag poprotesta kami......... " We told them we love our Country" Then kinunan kami ng mga picture.

By then...The hesitant faces I've seen prior to march, .. has turned to glorious faces.

I told them, Now you know. Now you know how it feels. From their faces, I can feel that they have already understood.

and told them. Tell your children and your future grand children... we all did this for the country...and...you are the first Flag marchers.

I hope there will be another...a bigger crowd this year. but perhaps we will fail.

salamat muli freakster2k1