Home PEx Hobbies Books and Literature
Tip: Here's an Emoji Cheatsheet for your reference.

Powerbooks, Fully Booked, or A Different Bookstore?

Sino mas gusto niyo? Ako I like FullyBooked more kasi malapit sa bahay ko, and great service. Knowledgeable yung staff. Better than Powerbooks, imho.

A Different Bookstore...hard to find books, pero mahal masyado.

What do you guys think? *okay*

Comments

• fully booked because i can literally get lost in the stacks. :) saka super daming books i absolutely love it there.
  • Fully Booked has better selection but books are more expensive most of the time.
    I only buy there when what I want is not available at National/Powerbooks.
    The perfect bookstore would have to be the selection of Fully Booked with Powerbooks' price range.
  • Where are the branches of Fully Booked? I have only been to the Gateway Mall Branch, not too many Books there. Thanks.
  • rationalrational PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    The one in Power Plant is truly fully booked. Inconvenient for me though. I have to make special plans just to go there.
  • RLboyRLboy PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Why isn't Bibliarch included??? Well as for your query, I'd choose Fully Booked.. c",
  • Powerbooks.

the malls i frequent usually has a branch so it's very convenient for me to check out their new books or if they have a big sale. although like the others, i think fully booked has a better selection. *okay*
  • fully booked in rockwell has the most books among the others. among all the powerbooks branches pinaka gusto ko yung sa greenbelt. :)

pero mas madalas ako sa fully booked mamili kasi mas madalas ako sa rockwell. saka since they accept g-cash dun ko nalang ginagastos yung nakukuha ko sa loyalty promo ng globe. :)
  • Fully Booked basta yung Rockwell branch. Okay na rin yung Greenhills branch. Pero mas prefer ko Rockwell branch. Love them kasi ang dami nilang selections. Hanggang kasuluksukan meron. We were looking for young adults fiction tapos nakatago pala dun sa taas ng kids section. Aliw! Sobrang dami mo talaga makikita.
  • Fully Booked... even if the branches are inconvenient for me to go to, I love love this bookstore because of their selection of books.

I also like A Different Bookstore/Ink & Stone. I think the owner (?) is there in some branches and he recommends books. :)

OT: Although Powerbooks is the most accessible, I hate hate hate buying books there because their gum stickers are soooo sticky and so hard to remove! Sometimes my books from there get ruined by just peeling off the stickers. :(
  • chersy wrote:
    OT: Although Powerbooks is the most accessible, I hate hate hate buying books there because their gum stickers are soooo sticky and so hard to remove! Sometimes my books from there get ruined by just peeling off the stickers. :(

Sometimes true with Natio too. hehehe. These are the pink stickers, right? Ang hiiiiiiirap tanggalin!
  • Aside from the pink stickers, it's the barcode stickers that drive me crazy! I suppose it's for the store's protection, but my books are all ruined. :(
  • fully booked!
    1. Sa powerpant andaming titles, sa gateway, organize ang listing. As in yung mga wala sa ibang bookstores, merun sa fully booked.
    2. Knowledgeable ang staff nila sa hinahanap mong title.
    e.g. ask ka ng bellow, kilala ng staff at alam kaagad kung saan ka direction ituturo.
    3. Medyo mataas nga ang prices, kasi nga british publications. Pero sulit na rin kasi dun ka makakahanap talaga ng hard to find.

powerbooks
    1. Sa greenbelt, organize ang listing!
    2. Sa greenbelt ulit, ang cute ng customer service staff sa 2nd flr, sarap magtanong! :)

different bookstore
    1. very comfy ang couch nila sa my cubao.
    2. so glad kasi dun ko nakabili ng hitchhikers omnibus only for 700pesos!

kaya overall, fully booked ang panalo sa akin.
  • Depende din sa taste mo e.

I don't like Fully Booked because medyo focused on graphic novels and Neil Gaiman. I think it's suicide for a bookstore to focus too much on a niche genre. No offense to those who like graphic novels or Neil Gaiman though. I don't like the design din, lalo pa yung sa Rockwell. Nawawala ako sa aisles. One time I was walking looking for the exit I found myself at a dead end. >.<

Mas feel ko ang pagkaefficient ng mga tao sa Powerbooks because they have these walkie-talkies so it's easier for the salespeople to communicate with each other kung may concern ka. Pero pareho lang sila ng staff ng FullyBooked walang alam sa libro. I mean have any of you ever experienced having a long conversation with any of the staff of these stores on books, other than the usual pointing you exactly where they keep the book you're looking for? (Kung meron ha swerte mo dahil ako marami nang nakabooboo sa 'kin dahil walang alam sa libro hehehe)

That's why A Different Bookstore pa rin ang favorite ko. You can read books inside and there are seats pa. Rare pa yung books nila. Magaling yung attendant doon and would even strike a conversation about books with you. :D

But my parents prefer the ambience of Powerbooks though. Panalo talaga na pwede ka umupo at magbasa ng books.

Tanong ko lang, ba't walang National Bookstore sa choices? Bookstore din yun ah. LOL!
  • AbulugAdventureAbulugAdventure PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    KingTriton wrote:
    Where are the branches of Fully Booked? I have only been to the Gateway Mall Branch, not too many Books there. Thanks.

Amen, maliit lang ang store nila dun sa Gateway. Saka medyo mahal pa compared to Powerbooks.
  • I enjoy browsing at Fullybooked the most. Especially at their GH Promenade branch. But if I want to actually buy something, I'll choose to look at Powerbooks first.
  • Powerbooks in greenbelt.. *okay* and if i want a second hand book Booksale ;)

Bibliarch? nice name..mukhang bago bookstore yan sa pinas..
  • i love fully books particularly their power plant branch
    most of my hard-to-find books were bought from that store.

i've went to their gateway branch but they have less books compared to powerbooks.
  • RLboyRLboy PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Powerbooks in greenbelt.. *okay* and if i want a second hand book Booksale ;)

Bibliarch? nice name..mukhang bago bookstore yan sa pinas..

Bibliarch (located right beside the entrance near Tower Records in Glorietta) is not a new bookstore, though I believe it's a part of the Fully Booked company, same goes with Sketchbook (in GB3) and Montage. Try browsing through.. http://www.fullybookedonline.com/
  • i prefer powerbooks esp. the one in greenbelt. spacious and wide selection of books. saka sanay na ko sa place kasi almost every day ako andun. haha. i have din kasi the powercard (discount card) kaya syempre masaya pag may discount ung bibilhin kong book.

fully booked is ok din naman. target ko rin yung discount card nila. hehe.

basta kahit anong bookstore, ok sa kin. kahit pa booksale. basta books. :)
  • i really really love fully booked rockwell. the widest selection of books. i thought before that powerbooks was already very good for having lotsa books. but when i tried fully booked, i just got stunned by the books that surrounded me! i think powerbooks only has half the number of titles fully booked has. astig. (i dream of havin a bookstore as big as that. haha. )

everytime i go to manila, i make it a point to go there. even if it's the only shop im visiting. i usually spend 45min-1hr just looking around. right now, im eyeing their discount card. at first, i thought 15k would be impossible to reach in a year. i was wrong. just after a lil over 2 months, ive already collected a lil less than 7k worth of receipts.