Home PEx International Entertainment International TV

Futurama may have a future

forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
read this http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|99399|1|,00.html

Hoping to follow the "Family Guy" model of life after TV death, the studio that produced "Futurama" is considering putting the animated series back into production.
Talks are underway at 20th Century Fox TV, which also produces "Family Guy," to make a "limited" number of new episodes of the cartoon, which was created by "The Simpsons" guru Matt Groening and David X. Cohen. The discussions haven't gone so far as to include a place to air any new installments, Variety reports.

Since "Futurama" last aired in August 2003, it has followed the "Family Guy" pattern of earning strong ratings as part of Cartoon Network's Adult Swim programming and racking up revenue in DVD sales (although not to the then-record levels of "Family Guy's" first DVD sets). Also, like "Family Guy" on its first go-round, it was something of an orphan on FOX, saddled with long gaps between episodes and unfavorable timeslots.

The trade paper notes that contracts with the show's cast and crew have expired since the last airing. Re-signing actors Billy West (Fry and others), Katey Sagal (Leela) and John DiMaggio (Bender), along with writers and other crew members, would obviously be a priority.
"Futurama" repeats will continue to air on Cartoon Network this year and next before moving to Comedy Central in 2008.

Comments

• outmapoutmap PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Go Bender!
  • illuminaillumina PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Sweet. I also like Futurama.

(crosses fingers for Arrested Development to also rack up a new contract despite FUX's axing)
  • illumina wrote:
    Sweet. I also like Futurama.

(crosses fingers for Arrested Development to also rack up a new contract despite FUX's axing)

Oo nga...bagay ang pangalan nila.

for FOXing up good shows like ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT and FUTURAMA.

:rotflmao:
  • I heard many a soul in the US *****ing about FOX Kids
  • Sigh...Futurama was ahead of its time. I liked Futurama more than the simpsons since I thought the storyline was more flexible since it was set in the future and Matt Groening was free to make the future as hilarous as he wanted it to be. Remember those light saber nightsticks that the robot policemen had! I do hope they bring futurama back! I miss professor farnsworth! :)
  • ubermenschubermensch PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Futurama is one of my favorite cartoons because of its brand of humor that was fresh and well... anything goes. At the same time, may mga episodes rin na poignant and really tug at the heart. Like that episode about Fry's dog who was waiting for Fry to come home until he (the dog) died in vain, and Fry never knew about it. And also that episode about Fry's brother who even named his (the brother's) son after Fry.

Tsaka sobrang laugh trip kasi set in the future, and when the opportunity presents itself, gumagawa sila ng mga far-out scenarios na mangyayari kuno sa future. Like having a Miss Universe where the contestants are really these weird-looking aliens (authentic Miss Universe talaga). Tsaka having aliens conquer the earth. And for robots, their idea of ***** is looking at exposed circuitry.
  • illuminaillumina PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Oo nga...bagay ang pangalan nila.

for FOXing up good shows like ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT and FUTURAMA.

:rotflmao:
    That's not the end of it. There's The Ben Stiller Show, Andy Richter Controls the Universe, Firefly, Family Guy, Kitchen Confidential.... The list goes on and on. :D
  • ground_breakground_break PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I'm currently watching the 3rd season of Futurama.. Tapos, nakita ko sa ***** na may new episodes ang futurama!

Originally 26 episodes ang inorder pero 12 episodes pa lang ang ipapalabas this season...

YEY!