Home PEx Hobbies Books and Literature
Tip: Here's an Emoji Cheatsheet for your reference.

DragonLance/Forgotten Realms Fans?

Hmmm... this is an isolated part of the forums...

Anyway just wondering if there are such fans here in the forums?

Comments

• ender_1111ender_1111 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    firs book kong nabasa yung book one ng dragon lance legend.. eto ata ang nghikayat sakin magbasa. Basta yung mga gawa ni weis at hickman na Dragonlance well read ko yan
  • sweetmisery_129sweetmisery_129 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Yeah theyre great. Try Chronicles first, followed by Legends trilogy, then Second Generation(short stories but needed)... then to my favorite: Dragon of Summer Flames...

Their last trilogy was the War of Souls, which is ok too, but you have to buy the horrible series of Jean Rabe's Fifth Age trilogy to understand it...
  • ender_1111ender_1111 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Yup. I read both trilologies and dragon of the summer flame. But I haven't tried reading anything beyond that. Legends trilogy is my favorite though.

try reading robert jordans' Wheel of time. Pareho silang magaling maghandle ng mga characters katulad nila weis and hickman.
  • Yes to both. =)

Dragonlance has a steep, uh, reading curve though: you need to read Chronicles and Legend to enjoy the 4th Age books, then you need to read Second Generation to appreciate Dragons of Summer Flame, which in turn needs to be read in order to enjoy the 5th Age books (Age of Mortals).

I stopped reading Dragonlance after the War of the Souls trilogy (although reading Jean Rabe's Fifth Age series is a good starting point to familiarize yourself with world in post-Summer Flame).

TSR (now Wizards of the Coast) learned from their mistakes with Dragonlance though, which is why it's easier to pick up the Forgotten Realms books. I've read Salvatore's novels on Drizzt, as well as the recent War of the Spider Queen series.
  • sweetmisery_129sweetmisery_129 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    kamen wrote:
    Yes to both. =)

Dragonlance has a steep, uh, reading curve though: you need to read Chronicles and Legend to enjoy the 4th Age books, then you need to read Second Generation to appreciate Dragons of Summer Flame, which in turn needs to be read in order to enjoy the 5th Age books (Age of Mortals).

I stopped reading Dragonlance after the War of the Souls trilogy (although reading Jean Rabe's Fifth Age series is a good starting point to familiarize yourself with world in post-Summer Flame).

TSR (now Wizards of the Coast) learned from their mistakes with Dragonlance though, which is why it's easier to pick up the Forgotten Realms books. I've read Salvatore's novels on Drizzt, as well as the recent War of the Spider Queen series.

Hmmmm... Where in Manila got extensive collection of DL/FR books? From old and new ones? Cuz when I go there for the RAW tour, wanna get some.

THANKS!

ANd oh, Jean Rabe's 5th Age books was interesting at first, but kinda sucked and rushed in the end.