Home PEx Hobbies Anime and Manga
'Tis the season. Happy Holidays, PExers!

fushigi yugi = hentai?!

well, i know most of here have seen fushigi yugi. a lot love it and a lot also hates it. but why?

because its so perverted.

and okay...plus, miaka is so dumb.

i oppose to this kind of thing. i love fushigi yugi so much and it had influenced me so much too (in terms of drawing and plot design). i've seen it a dozen times but i dont think it can ever be called a 'hentai'.

why? because it dosn't mean that because it shows a few naked scene makes it perverted already. calling it a hentai is so harsh! may substance ang FY and everything that had happened there has its own purpose.

i really cant believe those people...

so, who's with me?

Comments

• i liked it but not that much
  • thehitmanthehitman PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    FY isn't rated as hentai.

:cool:
  • almost all of the japanese women in the anime world have big boobies...
  • Ako fushigi yuugi fan ako. Fave ko c Nakago saka c Soi.

I also think that this anime shouldn't be considered as hentai. May mga reasons lang talaga kung bakit ganun nangyayari... :)
  • ruri_asagiruri_asagi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    hindi naman talaga hentai to...sobra naman kung ma-classify as hentai ito
  • FY isn't hentai...FY is soap...pure, unadulterated soap!

If ever there was another anime other than HYD (Hana Yori Dango) that would be made into a JDorama, Korea-, Tsino-, or whateverthehecknationality- novela, then FY would be a strong candidate. :)
  • who said it was hentai anyway...??

it's not...it's even got more substance and depth in terms of storyline, theme, and character development than any of the local series...

if only people here could have vision like FY's creator...our shows/movies would make it in the international mainstream...

i would have to hand it to some filmmakers who've achieved international recognition for their works...but we should be past that and aim for mainstream!!
  • ^^ teh future is sound in teh underground
  • ^^ teh future is sound in teh underground

I second teh motion....

As fas as I know, Fushigi Yuugi ain't hentai....but I still hated it for several reasons:

- Miaka is either so f*cking lovely, or the world in that book doesn't have hot chicks in it because her guardians went so ga-ga for her...
    - ...And just when I was preferring Tasuki over everyone else because he's the only one who doesn't have a love interest (which makes him unique in this universe), this WOMAN-HATER falls for Miaka too?!?! What the hell....
  • i third the motion..

although it's not in my top list.. who said naman na it's hentai ha, 5th maiden? (baka ur making it all up para may mapag-usapan lang.. hehe..) peace...
  • I dont lyk FY much but I lyk Nuriko's character there that I used him in several crossover fanfics of mine--too bad he died early on in the series...I watched FY because of him--Miaka is too much of a Mary Sue that I cant stand her...but I agree with you that this is not hentai...

In Japan an anime series for the 15+ age group can have bathing scenes...nakedness is allowed. Even Ranma 1/2 (with lots of nakedness and perverts coping a feel on the female characters) isnt considered hentai: it's ecchi, which is with nakedness & perversion but no sex scenes. So FY is not categorized as hentai.
  • Ako fushigi yuugi fan ako. Fave ko c Nakago saka c Soi.

I also think that this anime shouldn't be considered as hentai. May mga reasons lang talaga kung bakit ganun nangyayari... :)

that's exactly my point! pero yung friend ko talagah... ewan ko bah kung bakit ayaw nah ayaw nya to! hmpf! lagi nalang to pinagaawayan namin... pero that's not enough reason (and there wont be any reason) for me to classify this as hentai!

wah! :grrr:
  • Jazzy Japs wrote:
    FY isn't hentai...FY is soap...pure, unadulterated soap!

If ever there was another anime other than HYD (Hana Yori Dango) that would be made into a JDorama, Korea-, Tsino-, or whateverthehecknationality- novela, then FY would be a strong candidate. :)

but it would be hard choosing suited seishis... especially for papa-hotohori and papa-nakago... but i wanna see them in live! hahaha!
  • scaiajedah wrote:
    who said it was hentai anyway...??

it's not...it's even got more substance and depth in terms of storyline, theme, and character development than any of the local series...

if only people here could have vision like FY's creator...our shows/movies would make it in the international mainstream...

i would have to hand it to some filmmakers who've achieved international recognition for their works...but we should be past that and aim for mainstream!!

oh.. i love u for sayong that... each characters really grew to be mature and great! yay! i love FY!
  • hehe maganda nga yang curious play.. di cya hentai..

pero ok din kung gumawa cla ng hentai version hehehehe

piz *okay*