Home PEx Family and Society Parenting 101
'Tis the season. Happy Holidays, PExers!

Dream career for your son/daughter

I know that I wouldn't dictate whatever my kid wants to be when he grows up, but if given the choice, I dream of my son being a priest or a doctor.

kayo? how do you foresee your kid/s when they grow up? or you dream of them being what? :)

Comments

• SweetkaySweetkay PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Lawyer sana or Doctor ... but it's his call ...

I'll support him wag lang naman sana punkista ... please ...
  • sweetwahmsweetwahm PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I'd love for my son to be a doctor :)

Que sera sera
  • Me too, I want him to be a doctor. Yoko ng lawyer kasi pangit justice system dito sa Pilipinas. But first and foremost, sana makapagtapos ng studies nya. :)
  • i just want her to be successful in whatever field she chooses to be in. i would prefer that she becomes an entrepreneur. but if she becomes a professional athlete, ok lang. it's too early to tell what she can be really good at. malay ko she'd be in the field of arts. basta she realizes her true potential, masaya na ko.
  • hehe... One of my greatest fears in life now is for my son to grow up without direction. I just hope and pray it won't happen. but it's funny that my son knows how to use the stethoscope and is very interested about anatomy and physiology at his very young age. parang may future!
  • wala pa kong gustong career para sa mga anak ko, what i want right now is for them to excel in schools, i feel kung excellent ang performance nila sa elem. at high school, they'll be successful in whatever field they choose
  • kung ako masusunod, i want my daughter to be a doctor o kaya naman eh artista (hehe..type ko maging stage mom).

but her daddy wants her to be a scientist like him.
  • sizzlingsizzling PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    bleh wrote:
    basta she realizes her true potential, masaya na ko.

I agree with this. But I won't simply be "masaya na ako", I will be super proud and ecstatic. If you think about it, less than 1% of the people in the world ever live up to their potential (Actually, I don't know anyone who has come close to realizing his/her full potential).

But given a choice, I want my kids to be entrepreneurs. I definitely DON'T want them to be employees for more than 5 years (here or abroad).
  • sizzlingsizzling PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    jisc wrote:
    i feel kung excellent ang performance nila sa elem. at high school, they'll be successful in whatever field they choose

I have 2 friends who graduated with ***** laude honors, but they've been jobless for over a year. Most of my current business associates and clients failed a number of subjects in school, but they're all doing very well now.

School is very important, but it's just one of the many factors that determines success.
  • moremore PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    It's only natural i think that parents should dream what their children will be when they grow up. as a parent i dream about this too. as they grew i learned that my dream of them becoming like this and like that is my dream that's not their dream. so i stop dreaming and face the reality that my part as a parent is to help them financially,support them morally and always be there when they need me. :bop: :):)
  • hi there every1! for my daughter i would want her sana to become a physician..for our son...sana lawyer..pero if what they want would be different, okay lang as long as they would be happy doing it and they would be succesful doing it
  • Any legal job will do as long as they can financially support themselves and do charity work on the side. Times change. But one thing is certain, they need a good educational background and adequate exposure to the real world for their choices to become concrete. And that's what we parents are supposed to do.

• sakin nman ay gusto kong ipagpatuloy nya ang pagmamanikurista ko,
    pedikurista at pagiging manggugupit. sya na bahala sa byuti parlor
    ko. nagduduwal na nman ako... ito na talga sya... ipapanganak ko na!

aihihihi!!!

baklita
  • greetings and salutations! in this day and age hindi na uubra yung pa-conservative pa...i have an 8 year old daughter and i want to prepare her for the future NOW! Me itsura pa naman siya and i don't have to tell u i'm terrified for her what with all the pedophilia, child abuse, ***** and god knows what's happening out there...pinagta-taekwondo namin siya and hopefully, she'll make this her career kaya sacrifice talaga mag-black belt lang siya...
  • ako, hindi ko alam kung anong career ang babagay sa son ko. ang gus2 ko lang eh sana mag excel sya sa school. *okay*
  • my dream career for my girl is for her to be a professional tennis player (w/ a bit of modelling on the side) :) !!! mala-sharapova / kournikova :bashful: ...
  • hi jer_z! modelling ba gusto mo sa junakis mo? nag-modelling anak ko before...sa Barbie me auditions sila but it's usually before a season like summer and christmas---lam ko yun yung major seasons nila---super saya but of course, there's not really any money in it ha ha....wala na rin, nagsawa din but try niyo lang for the experience di ba? Tennis ba sport ng anak mo? Anak ko ngayon naloloko sa taekwondo...san train anak mo?
  • hi jer_z! modelling ba gusto mo sa junakis mo? nag-modelling anak ko before...sa Barbie me auditions sila but it's usually before a season like summer and christmas---lam ko yun yung major seasons nila---super saya but of course, there's not really any money in it ha ha....wala na rin, nagsawa din but try niyo lang for the experience di ba? Tennis ba sport ng anak mo? Anak ko ngayon naloloko sa taekwondo...san train anak mo?
    hi, psychosonicindy! natawa nmn ako sa tanong mo, uhm, 2yrs old pa lng anak ko :lol: . it's too early to train her for tennis :lol: , though i bought her a (toy) racket when she was about 1 1/2yrs old. cguro pag laki-laki nya na. for the modelling part, i don't really want her to make it a profession. but it's not bad to do it on the side, like Sharapova & Kournikova nga.
    thanks for the audition tip though. mahirap iharap sa camera ang anak ko, she'd rather be the 1 taking the shot :lol: .
    taekwondo is nice huh, good for self-defense. bka pde sha pang-olympic in the future, keep it up *okay* .
  • ha ha ha ha ha...funny ka jer_z.... :rotflmao: sarap pa naman age na yan sa anak mo from 2-4 years old kasi yun yung time na idol na idol ka niya....unfortunately it doesn't last forever... oh well (big sigh)...
  • I want my son to be an Accountant and my daughter to be a Nurse someday