FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Couldn't we just have a normal Holiday Party at the office?

Hello people! You know, it's these stupid people at the office again, they are really so irritating.
Every company has a Holiday Party OK, but there is this manager from the other division who wants everyone to participate in the Kris Kringle and a presentation wherein she divided us into three groups which would come up with Broadway song numbers.

I already told our company president that I should be exempted from the Kris Kringle and presentation because I have so many things to do and don't have time for such silliness.

This manager though, kept insisting that I participate at least in the Kris Kringle because "it is a time of giving" and "everybody is going to do it". Well, what is your opinion on this? Personally, I don't want to spend a penny on anything and I don't have the time and energy to participate in that stupid presentation (which our company president concurred).

I really hate these imbeciles.

Comments

• omengomeng the glorious ✭✭
    the price of being employed...
  • jiscjisc PSC805+SHP895=eargasm PExer
    just tell them your an atheist, hehehe. pero they cant really force you to buy and wrap a gift, just say you wont join and dont entertain any of their questions about the kris kringle again.
  • observerobserver I'm watching you... ✭✭
    I think what's happening in your office is pretty normal. You want a normal office party? What's normal to you?

Anyway, if you really don't want to participate, they can't force you to buy anything. They'll just get the gift that's supposedly for you and give it to the person you're supposed to give to. (And what if you liked the gift you were supposed to receive? You can't insist on getting it if you don't have anything to give...)

But if I were you, I'll just go ahead and join them. You'll score more points socially and what the heck, it's not as if this happens everyday. Unless you really don't believe in Christmas (maybe you have a different religion?).
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    Normal for us is a dinner for the staff. The staff must think we are a bunch of boring sh|tballs.

To each his own.
  • boogerflickerboogerflicker the coolangot PExer
    ganyan talaga yan. diyan nilalabas ng mga organizers ang frustrations nilang maging artista o singer. sa amin, laging talo ang creative department sa mga taga-accounting pagdating sa presentation. kahit mas pangit, mas bigay ang performance. yung mga creative, araw araw ginagawa nila kaya tamad na.
  • PinoySaKSAPinoySaKSA Sa Presinto K_A Magreklamo! PExer
    well... i think it is more on personality differences... malamang meron namang mga officemates ka na excited for this event... it just so happened na medyo anti-social ka.. or u don't like their company... minsan you need to compromise... and don't expect them to cancel this event dahil you just don't like to join...

maybe you can call sick on that day para di ka maka-attend but then that will not look good... attend ka na lang... pretend you enjoy the moment... you will only waste 2-3 hours of your life, for sure you'll get something out of it... the least will be your boss's confidence on you...
  • sweetwahmsweetwahm Just Another PExer ✭✭
    We’re not having and office party at all this year. Blame it on strained relationships, which have gone from bad last year to worse now. It would be nice kung meron sana, kahit a little get together lang, anything away from “work” but no go. If it’s ever been brought up, its been met with little enthusiasm. Hehehe, wala nang plastikan.
  • JacobJacob nerd forever PExer
    As long as there is a raffle, X'mas parties are great! :D
  • florenofloreno Miyembro ✭✭✭
    Ako...to tell you the truth.... Events like this somewhat benefits din naman the whole company. It values the aspect of teamwork thru Group Presentation. The company wants to give you a break or breathing space..... they dont want you to get Exhausted with work all year long.

With the great benefits mentioned above, most companies reserves time and budget on this events.

Give yourself a breathingspace, enjoy...tutal 3 - 4 hours lang yan. Kinabukasan..magtrabaho ka ulit.
  • PinoySaKSAPinoySaKSA Sa Presinto K_A Magreklamo! PExer
    ^
    True. What will you feel if you are in a company who does not even value these social events, and expects its staff working hard year in and year out...

Sa US nga, some good companies put up gyms para mabawasan ang pressure ng mga tao sa trabaho..

You are lucky that your company spends some resources for these parties.
  • perkinsperkins Member PExer
    all of your company - including the president - imbeciles for planning a party with kris kringle and presentations?

get out of there fast. its either -

a. they will pull down your precious self to the dogs, or

b. you do not fit.

you can always find a company where you belong.
  • boogerflickerboogerflicker the coolangot PExer
    just attended our xmas party and what a blast! aside from the requisite open bar, there's no production numbers but there are a lot of scantily clad officemates, and even girl to girl kissing! yezzzzz!
  • JENSIE_GJENSIE_G warm regards ✭✭✭
    Ang habol ko lang ay yung raffles. :glee:
  • bistagrlbistagrl simple living... PExer
    Hello people! You know, it's these stupid people at the office again, they are really so irritating.
    Every company has a Holiday Party OK, but there is this manager from the other division who wants everyone to participate in the Kris Kringle and a presentation wherein she divided us into three groups which would come up with Broadway song numbers.

I already told our company president that I should be exempted from the Kris Kringle and presentation because I have so many things to do and don't have time for such silliness.

This manager though, kept insisting that I participate at least in the Kris Kringle because "it is a time of giving" and "everybody is going to do it". Well, what is your opinion on this? Personally, I don't want to spend a penny on anything and I don't have the time and energy to participate in that stupid presentation (which our company president concurred).

I really hate these imbeciles.

if you want my honest opinion, i think you should join the fun. you're missing out. you need to give yourself a break! probably, that's why somehow you have negative feelings about your company party because you seem to be overworked and stressed out. be easy on yourself. =) work is just work. these company get-togethers are designed to make employees build camaraderie and teamwork and also allow them to take a break. actually, i think it's a company perk you have to take advantage.

with regards to the kris kringle and presentations, just look at the fun side of it. who cares about making a fool of yourselves on your presentations, it supposed to be fun right! don't take them too seriously.

i am just curious do your other coworkers feel the same way or is it just you?

just my 2 cents.
  • LightspeedLightspeed Mr. Optimist PExer
    This thing comes but once a year.

For a whole year, we see the formal and serious side of everyone but in this festive season, I think it's ok to lighten up the mood and spread cheer to everyone.
  • baredevil696baredevil696 Underworlder PExer
    Maybe the thread starter's name is Humbug :D
  • amoundiciamoundici down with love PExer
    when i start working, id rather be in a company that appreciates their employees, going through the work of preparing something for them, no matter how corny it is. its how filipino's are. the more mababaw, the more they can laugh at theirselves and enjoy. filipinos are humble, not uptight.
  • pauster007pauster007 Smack That! PExer
    hehehe...wag na maging KJ...tutal magpapasko naman, :)
  • the_BuGsthe_BuGs d ko hilig PExer
    magtayo ka na lang kaya ng sariling kumpanya?
  • SpyfratSpyfrat New Title: Member PExer
    no offense meant, honestly, ur alone. wla kang madaingan ng pag ka bad trip mo that day kaya u found urself posting sa pex ng pagkainis mo. talagang pissed off ika nga.
    malamang tapos na Christmas party nyo. kamusta naman? mag tsismis ka naman :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file