Home PEx International Entertainment International Movies

Movies You Didn't Like The Ending

jennyianjennyian PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
I'm just curious since I've been a movie buff, there are some films that have endings that doesn't quite end up to my liking (I know a lot of us feels he same).

So share what movies that didn't end up the way you wanted it to be.

:)

Comments

• jennyianjennyian PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Let me share one on top of my head. :D

My Best Friend's Wedding - Julia Roberts, Cameron Diaz, Dermot Mulroney, Rupert Everett.

Ok, ok. They say that Julia Roberts and Dermot doesn't have any chemistry (I disagree :lol: ), but i still couldn't help but wished that somehow she succeeded in stopping the marriage of her best friend. :lol:

A real good emotional rollercoaster romantic, light hearted comedy.

• heymikeyheymikey PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Vanilla Sky -- very stupid ending
    ^That's Tom Cruise's, Penelope Cruz and Cameron Diaz.

All i know is the cast, i haven't watched the movie. Seemed boring for me. What happened in the ending?
  • Spanglish (A bit abrupt)
    Mona Lisa Smile (Never liked the movie anyway)
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail (They could have just used the original but unfilmed ending where they found the Grail in Harrods)
    Shadows and Fog (What happened to the killer?)
    ^I agree about the first 2.

At the end of Mona Lisa Smile i was like "What was that?" :lol:

I haven't watched the other 2 films.
  • AI... worst ending!
    ^I thought it has a very dramatic ending. :)
  • rychu wrote:
    AI... worst ending!

I think 'A. I.' just went overboard...........nasobrahan. It should have ended in the scene where the lead character (played Haley Joel Oment {?}) met the 'Blue Fairy' on the sea floor. Tapos rebulto lang pala!......But then Mr. Spielberg decided to go on until forever......

'HOUSE OF D' was a very good film, an impressive directorial debut by David Duchovny....But then again, I think the ending also went a bit too far, naging corny tuloy. It should have ended on that emotionally charged scene where David's character finally comes face to face with the black woman whom he only refers to as 'The Lady'.........

Tim Burton's "BIG FISH" could have been good, but then...I really can't remember how the movie ended.......

Marami pang films na nasobrahan ang ending......sa susunod na lang uli.................................
  • jennyian wrote:
    Let me share one on top of my head. :D

My Best Friend's Wedding - Julia Roberts, Cameron Diaz, Dermot Mulroney, Rupert Everett.

Ok, ok. They say that Julia Roberts and Dermot doesn't have any chemistry (I disagree :lol: ), but i still couldn't help but wished that somehow she succeeded in stopping the marriage of her best friend. :lol:

A real good emotional rollercoaster romantic, light hearted comedy.

jennyian, you know what.... i consider the ending of My Best Friend's Wedding as one of the best.. It's realistic at gusto ko talaga si Rupert kesa kay Dermot.. Mas kinilig ako sa kanila.kahit gay siya :D yung last part when rupert called her on the phone tapos nagdance sila. :love: that's my fave scene!
    ^Yea, me too actually. But, i was so young when i watched it back then, and it kinda stuck to me. I was expecting the formulaic, tried and tested, lead female gets what she wanted ending.

And i agree about the realistic part! The scene where Rupert and Julia danced was cool. *okay*
    Pretty strange, i was looking at USA Today list of bad movie endings. One of the movies had Pretty Woman which the writer loved althroughout until the last 5 minutes.

I thought it has a great ending. Subtle, simple, realistic but very romantic.
    And some selections here are also in the list. There's also Vanilla Sky and A.I. ;)
  • stingray1059stingray1059 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ako i didnt like yung ending ng 40 year old virgin, ginawang musical eh para tuloy naging local film nung 90's
    ^Well they never really do that in Hollywood movies. :D

But in local movies, every comedy in the 90's movie there is, they just have to incorporate that sing and dance number. I mean WTF was that! :lol:
  • corkiecorkie PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    high tension... i didnt like it
  • A.I.!!!!!!!

A.I.!!!!!!!

A.I.!!!!!!!

i heard na even steven spielberg does not like the ending, but he cannot do anything about it since he's merely continuing STANLEY KUBRICK's work. kubrick wanted that ending! :yuck:
  • greenlaser wrote:
    I think 'A. I.' just went overboard...........nasobrahan. It should have ended in the scene where the lead character (played Haley Joel Oment {?}) met the 'Blue Fairy' on the sea floor. Tapos rebulto lang pala!......But then Mr. Spielberg decided to go on until forever......

'HOUSE OF D' was a very good film, an impressive directorial debut by David Duchovny....But then again, I think the ending also went a bit too far, naging corny tuloy. It should have ended on that emotionally charged scene where David's character finally comes face to face with the black woman whom he only refers to as 'The Lady'.........

Tim Burton's "BIG FISH" could have been good, but then...I really can't remember how the movie ended.......

Marami pang films na nasobrahan ang ending......sa susunod na lang uli.................................

Spielberg has been having this problem sa mga recent films niya. Weak yung sequences with the old guy in the grave sa SAVING PRIVATE RYAN, tapos yung MINORITY REPORT should have ended when Tom cruise realized nga, oo, may dahilan nga kung bakit niya papatayin ang guy. I'm a fan of Philip K. D*ck and this ending would be true to the author's spirit.
  • ako i didnt like yung ending ng 40 year old virgin, ginawang musical eh para tuloy naging local film nung 90's

Actually, gusto ko to. :lol:
  • jennyian wrote:
    Pretty strange, i was looking at USA Today list of bad movie endings. One of the movies had Pretty Woman which the writer loved althroughout until the last 5 minutes.

I thought it has a great ending. Subtle, simple, realistic but very romantic.

I heard na hindi ito ang original ending. Sa original daw, iniwan siya ni Richard Gere. Totoo ba to? can anyone confirm?
  • Here's a part of an interview of Judd Apatow (the director of The 40-Year-Old Virgin) regarding the ending:
    “Virgin”’s end-credits sing-along to “Let the Sunshine In” is just a little too affectionate to be a mere sendup. Are you a closet “Hair” fan?
    Well, we knew we needed an ending that signified that he had sex and it was really good. It was Garry Shandling who advised me often during the writing of the movie that you have to point out that his sex — when he finally has it — is better than everyone else’s because he’s in love. I wasn’t sure how to tackle that. I didn’t think I could show great sex, but I knew there had to be some sort of “aftermath” moment.

And you can’t have Howard Cosell call it like a sportscast.
    Yeah. So we were kind of stuck. And then Steve said, “What if I just sing a song?” And I immediately said, “Yeah — like ‘Let the Sunshine In.’” And that was it. We didn’t think about it any more. We just did that.

But I didn’t really know how to shoot a musical — I just knew I wanted to allude to the musical “Hair,” but I didn’t want to do a direct spoof of it, because it’s meant to show that he’s really happy and released. Which is a tricky line — because people kept walking up to me and asking, “Well, are they wearing beads? Are they wearing pooka shells? What are they wearing?” And I kept saying, “Well, I think it’s a hint of ’60s, but it’s a funny line where it’s just guys with pants and no shirts on.” [laughs] In a weird way, we hit that part perfectly, based purely on blind luck.

So you have to thank Steve Carell for giving us that surreal and hilarious ending! :D