Home PEx Family and Society Parenting 101
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

Things My Baby Taught Me

SweetkaySweetkay PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
Anything you learned from your baby ... post it away ...

Comments

• SweetkaySweetkay PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Patience ... no point in getting mad because how can you fight someone who's idea of a good time is thumbsucking, drooling, rolling over, and pooping ... :glee:
  • sweetwahmsweetwahm PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Exactly! Sobra na ang patience, overflowing na yata, hehehehe.
    Another: Never hold a grudge.

Our babies don't and look at them ... they look so happy ... we can learn a thing or two from that ... :glee:
    That I am blessed because of him ... I am blessed ... :angel:
  • cmars2cmars2 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    My baby has taught me to be patient and more malambing. Kasi when I'm mad at someone or something, he kisses me. He has also taught me that it is okay to say sorry.
    :)
  • Patience....my baby also taught me to love children...hindi kasi ako mahilig sa bata dati...he also taught me to be malambing kasi hindi din ako malambing dati...He also taught me to WAKE UP EARLY...hobby ko kasi matulog dati...hanggang ngayon naman e...hehehehehe! pero I wake up early na..
    bump ko lang po
  • My baby taught me the meaning of true unconditional love. :)
    Right on! :love:
    To not fear insects ... I still run from roaches but I am now capable of killing spiders and small bugs coz I don't want them near my baby ... :D
  • I always imagined human breast milk as a single stream of milk exiting the nipple, from a hole in the center. I only learned that the human nipple has about twenty openings when I started breastfeeding. Didn't learn that in high school biology! :D
    ^ :glee:

Welcome to Mommyhood. :D
  • ... that exhaustion, after a long day's work, is never present when am already with my baby

... that joy is always with me becoz of my baby only sometimes i overlook it
  • Becoming a mother changes you in a myriad of ways.

First of all you will never fall in love with another human being so quickly and intensely. And when you imagine someone hurting your baby, you will also be able to imagine yourself stapling that person's eyelids to his forehead or coming up with other torture methods that will make Sayid Jarrah proud.

Even if you usually sleep like the dead, you'll become so sensitive to the little sounds and movements your baby makes that you will jump from deep sleep to full attention if her eyelashes so much as flutter too rapidly while sleeping.

You will respect your body and look at it in an entirely different way. Who cares if the last time you wore size 24 jeans was 1992, or if your nose is a bit on the big side? You created life, nurtured it for nine months, and delivered this tiny brand new person into the world... and if you're breastfeeding, will continue to provide her comfort, nourishment, and protection against certain diseases in her childhood and even throughout her adult life. Isn't your body amazing?

Making your hundredth trip around the living room trying to rock your baby to sleep while singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star for the 267th time, you will realize that somewhere between being wheeled out of the delivery room and the car ride back home, you have developed the patience of a saint.

The digicam that has been gathering dust since you bought it 3 years ago will be brought forth and used to document each smile, stretch, frown, and yawn. You consider buying a DVD writer because your hard drive space isn't enough to store all the pictures you've taken in the last month.

You'll become unbelievably adept at doing things with one hand, either hand - chatting with a friend on Yahoo! Messenger while carrying your sleeping baby, or eating a bowl of spaghetti with your left hand while breastfeeding her. And then you'll bite off her chubby little arm and eat it for dessert.
    ^ :glee:

So right on the dot.
  • purpleheadd07purpleheadd07 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    when i got my baby from the nursery upon discharge i actually wanted to ask the nurses if they have any manual or guide on how to take care of my baby. :D but as moments go buy i just knew that taking care of my baby is innate, i've always known all along. although there are instances when we can't just fathom what's wrong with him when he cries deep inside we know it's just our caring whispers and warm touches that could soothe him.
    My baby taught me that there is always time for one more laugh, one more hug, and one more kiss. :love:
  • my baby has taught me to be more careful about my health coz i don't want to see the day that i'm not healthy enough to perform the most wonderful thing i can do for her, that is giving the best care that only mothers can give.

she taught me that kind of love that can never be felt to any person here on earth but to a child...

she taught me to cry while smiling at the same time everytime she's giving me her best smile, hugs & kisses...

she taught me to feel the sense of fulfillment only a mother can feel...

she taught me the real meaning of fun...

she taught me to love all the things that she loves...
  • this topic overwhelms my heart... :mecry:
  • Nikki has taught me to be strong...as a mom, a woman, as a child..

she has taught me to love... overflowing, a sweet, heartwarming feeling that nobody can understand but a mom...

she gave me a sense of direction... a purpose, a life...

she taught me not to hold back a second to express my love for her...

she taught me how to fall in love again and again...